SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 08, 2010, 12:06 PM
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, Brøndbyvester
Joined Jun 2009
617 Posts
Discussion
AP - My local flying field

These photos are from my favorit flying field, close to my home.

In the first one, you can see the pilot

Plane : easy star
Camera : Lumix TZ7

SpookiePower is online now Find More Posts by SpookiePower
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 08, 2010, 01:23 PM
Israel, Ness Ziona
Joined Sep 2004
4,711 Posts
COLL PICS
WELL DONE
KEEP THEM COMMING

Guy
guyg is offline Find More Posts by guyg
Old Jul 08, 2010, 02:06 PM
Rich Hill Missouri 64779
Joined Nov 2003
8,399 Posts
Spookie, those are beautiful pictures! You have a wonderful flying field. It sure is beautiful in Denmark at this time of the year.
quailbird is offline Find More Posts by quailbird
Old Jul 08, 2010, 03:31 PM
GOK
Turkey, Izmir
Joined Aug 2005
1,302 Posts
Beautiful pictures indeed. That Panasonic is doing a great job. Are you shooting with OIS on or off?
GOK is offline Find More Posts by GOK
Old Jul 08, 2010, 05:32 PM
Joined Jun 2009
617 Posts
Thanks

OIS - what is that ?
Old Jul 08, 2010, 11:24 PM
Did you get it on video?
USA, FL, Miramar Beach
Joined Nov 2005
6,045 Posts
onboard image stabilizer?
Flying-Monkey is offline Find More Posts by Flying-Monkey
Old Jul 09, 2010, 01:29 AM
Joined Jun 2009
617 Posts
Ok

I have tried both with and without, but can't really see any differents.
Old Jul 09, 2010, 02:27 PM
GOK
Turkey, Izmir
Joined Aug 2005
1,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpookiePower View Post
Thanks

OIS - what is that ?
Optic Image Stabilizer

I've been reading on a number of posts that the new cameras that have the OIS (TZ series have them if I am not mistaken) don't really work well for AP unless the OIS is turned off - that you get blurry photos. And on some occasions it is argued that even if you turn of the OIS you ma still get blurry images.

Looking at your photos, they are really sharp and good. So I was just wondering if you realized any difference with the IS on or off?

Cheers,

GOK
GOK is offline Find More Posts by GOK
Old Jul 09, 2010, 05:12 PM
Joined Jun 2009
617 Posts
The TZ have OIS.

But all of my photos, goes through photoshop for small corrections.
Old Jul 09, 2010, 06:04 PM
Frogman
Stoughton, WI
Joined Jun 2009
1,726 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpookiePower View Post
The TZ have OIS.

But all of my photos, goes through photoshop for small corrections.
If that cam shoots video and you were to try it with OIS on or off it will not be very good. Stills can overcome OIS and vibes because of fast shutter speeds in good light.

The reason OIS can still be bad even turned off is because OIS is Optical Image Stabilization. OIS works with little gyros around your lens that react to slight movements. They are meant to fix handheld gentle type movements from normal human twitching and breathing. For handheld personal shooting it is great. Even turned off those gyros have to have some room to move things and react to movement so even off the lens can move around in there. The high frequency vibes from a motor are more than an OIS system can handle. Even turned off that lens will pick up those harmonics and vibrate in there because of the little amount of play needed in a gyro to make it work.

Hopefully that makes sense. I have a feeling if you shot video with that cam you would see the mud.
frogman1206 is offline Find More Posts by frogman1206
Old Jul 10, 2010, 03:35 AM
Joined Jun 2009
617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frogman1206 View Post
If that cam shoots video and you were to try it with OIS on or off it will not be very good. Stills can overcome OIS and vibes because of fast shutter speeds in good light.

The reason OIS can still be bad even turned off is because OIS is Optical Image Stabilization. OIS works with little gyros around your lens that react to slight movements. They are meant to fix handheld gentle type movements from normal human twitching and breathing. For handheld personal shooting it is great. Even turned off those gyros have to have some room to move things and react to movement so even off the lens can move around in there. The high frequency vibes from a motor are more than an OIS system can handle. Even turned off that lens will pick up those harmonics and vibrate in there because of the little amount of play needed in a gyro to make it work.

Hopefully that makes sense. I have a feeling if you shot video with that cam you would see the mud.
This cam can do video in HD. I have done some video-AP with this cam, and when I'm finish with the video, I'll upload it.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 04:35 PM
Joined Jun 2009
617 Posts
If you look at my camera mount, you can see that I have used a soft material, in my creation. I hope that this soft material (don't know the English word) takes most of the vibrations between camera and motor.