Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Rickyd863, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 06, 2010, 03:32 PM
USA, KY, Louisville/Jefferson County
Joined Feb 2010
30 Posts
Discussion
July 6, 2010

Still been hovering, tail in, until I am satisfied with it. Some timews I can hold a tight circle, but most times I have been intensionally moving the heli then trying to bring it back into a small radius circle. I have been doing good enough that I began to think I needed a larger area to practice in. We have a park at the end of our street and figured that would be a perfect place. this park has a play area and parking lot on one side of the road and on the other side is a smaller parking lot with a couple areas with picnic tables. This area leads to the walking track. I go to the side with the picnic tables due to the other side having renovations done. I crank the heli up and do some good hovers. Then I get into a situation where i have to gain control of the heli to land and forgot I had it on 1{stunt} instead of 0{normal}. So needless to say, when i lowered the head speed, I was not prepared for the results. I had some damage, but have the parts to fit . damage includes main blades, linkage to servos. I also noticed servos are not 90 degrees when i checked the damage out. this might just be me. When i look at linkages , i will re-level swash place, just to be on the safe side. Still, all in all, not a bad run, I am thinking. I learnt a valuable lesson..Since i am in the learning stage, i should have never had a stunt setup on the heli in the first place. I will make sure the stunt 1 and 2 are the same as "0" {normal}. I am a firm believer that you have to learn to walk before run but no body is perfect either..
I will repair the Trex today and be back at the park tomorrow and almost every day until my vacation is over. I want to go to next step. tail in, nose in, circles tail in, nose in, and simple correct circles.. I will always remember to take my time and only advance when i am satisfied with my results.
until next time.
Rickyd863 is offline Find More Posts by Rickyd863
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 07, 2010, 09:19 AM
USA, NY, Cedarhurst
Joined Mar 2010
1,008 Posts
Progress feels good doesnít it? Iím in the process of learning as well, probably around the same area of my learning curve as you are. I have been flying at my old high school and have been battling the wind the entire time, always seems to be around 12-15mph... I guess it keeps me on my toes.
vicovaludemero is offline Find More Posts by vicovaludemero
Old Jul 12, 2010, 09:32 PM
USA, KY, Louisville/Jefferson County
Joined Feb 2010
30 Posts
It Does feel good. Even when I crash, I can usually figure out what I did wrong. I have read the forums a lot and watched the videos of finless quite a few times.
Keep the faith, we both will be flying one of these days..

Rick
Rickyd863 is offline Find More Posts by Rickyd863
Old Jul 16, 2010, 02:28 PM
USA, NY, Cedarhurst
Joined Mar 2010
1,008 Posts
Yeh I watched like all of finless's videos too, good stuff... Cant wait to get out of work and go flying already!
vicovaludemero is offline Find More Posts by vicovaludemero