HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by HawkerTyphoon, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 05, 2010, 09:44 PM
Read My Blog!
Northern California
Joined Jan 2009
1,845 Posts
Discussion
Fixing Up A Snowboard

Last week my friends little brother got a snowboard at a consignment store and since I like snowboarding A LOT, my friend asked me if I could fix it up for him. My first impressions of it were that it was not really going to be a big deal and I was mostly correct. There were a lot of little things that needed to be done, so I figured I could just take some pictures and post them here.

Mostly the edges were "ok" and since my friends little brother hasn't really snowboarded before I pretty much left them as they were. The most I did was smooth them out where they had been chipped or smashed, and sand/file all the rust and grit off. The fun came when it came to waxing since it had absolutely nothing on the base. This made it hard to get all the dirt and grit out of the base, snow is unbelievably dirty, because normally you can just heat up the residual wax and all the junk floats to the surface and they you can wipe it out. Also with a totally dry base like this one, it takes much more work to get that first layer of wax to truly melt into the base. After that I fixed all the chips in the top base and put some bindings on.

The bindings that I put on are just a cheap pair, they came off my spare snowboard, and since they are just a hare too small for my new boots, these bindings were my very first pair so they are on the small side, I figured what the heck and bolted them on.

HT
HawkerTyphoon is offline Find More Posts by HawkerTyphoon
Last edited by HawkerTyphoon; Jul 05, 2010 at 09:58 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 06, 2010, 10:55 AM
USA, NY, Cedarhurst
Joined Mar 2010
1,008 Posts
Dam, nice core shot...
Should be fine for a beginner but once he starts to get any speed that wax is coming right out of those gouges... Gotta get you one of those ptex candles or just a block sins you have an iron.
vicovaludemero is offline Find More Posts by vicovaludemero
Old Jul 06, 2010, 12:08 PM
Read My Blog!
Northern California
Joined Jan 2009
1,845 Posts
Yeah, I haven't been able to find anybody locally who sells the P-tex sticks so I'll have to order them online. I can't even buy wax locally anymore, oh well

thanks,
HT
Old Jul 06, 2010, 01:31 PM
USA, NY, Cedarhurst
Joined Mar 2010
1,008 Posts
Well look at it this way, at least you’re on the west coast... You probably never hear the words 'Granular' and 'Frozen Granular' as primary and secondary conditions.... In case you’re wondering, that’s ski-resort lingo for ICE and MORE ICE lol...
vicovaludemero is offline Find More Posts by vicovaludemero
Old Jul 06, 2010, 02:16 PM
Read My Blog!
Northern California
Joined Jan 2009
1,845 Posts
True, I guess they don't call it the Ice Coast for nothing!

HT
Old Jul 12, 2010, 12:22 AM
bucket of prop wash
reddinng CA
Joined Nov 2007
942 Posts
where in nor cal are you i have some ptex
garrcass is offline Find More Posts by garrcass
Old Jul 12, 2010, 12:52 PM
Read My Blog!
Northern California