HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by rolrossi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 05, 2010, 08:21 PM
FPV is lifestyle!
Brazil, ES, Vila Velha
Joined Apr 2010
30 Posts
Build Log
FPV EZ* version #1

Hi, I'm Robert and I started on middle of 2009 with a Storm heli 450 from Helipal. I began hovering and some easy acrobacy maneuvers and of course I broke my helicopter completely! So I started a full heli set up after a lot of study and headaches. But it was not enough for a sky maniac!
On march of 2010 I started a project called EZ*#1.
First of all, I also studied a lot about planes construction, parts and tips before I start. Fixed wings also requires some knowledges about aerodinamics. Those are extremelly necessary before the first take off.

I visited many especialized RC plane sites (at least one hundred), YouTube and related links for parts and "how to", I chose one that offered me all that I needed for my first project. Best quality equipment, a professional, safe and reliable dealer: Tim Stanfield (Mr. Pitt) from ReadyMaderc.com. This guy also offers good support and technical assistance as always needed with no additional costs. It's very hard to start a serious project from "zero" without any tips!

Well, I turned EZ*'s fanatic like many others after I read almost everything on internet about this airplane and I'll try my first baby plane soon.

Orders are getting here slowly and the time is going fast...Because I live in Brazil it takes about 7-14 days to arrive the country but it takes about 90 days to be delivered at home!!

Not to loose my way I bought a "flybar free" micro heli version V100D01 (2nd heli) from Helipal to indoor fly.

Once I know exactly what I need to assembly my first EZ* I decided to start with this configuration:
Improved rudder, ailerons, landing gears with stearing tail gear (only because I need here), pan/tilt pad system from readymaderc.com, servos HS95 for rudder and elevator and HS55 for ailerons, EZUHF 8CH RX, 7W Scherrer booster, ImmersionRC 2,4GHz 500mW TX, 2400 duo diversity receiver for the video, complete Eagle Eyes System for ground station and PRO OSD and Elogger Eagle Tree from readymaderc.com , Futaba 10CH computer radio.

Well, I'm supposed to go with my EZ* at least one mile up and one mile away from home to start! I'm always remembering myself that I'm not hurry and failures are not accepted because here in Brazil to loose the radio or video contact is the same as to loose the plane. Almost no way to get it back.

I hope to finish this first project on 6 months by now just working on my weekends and nights (if I have time...) and I'm having fun on this...
I will also show all the hard job on pics.

Be free to ask me any question if you want.

I wanted to thank everyone who collaborated on this project with active advices and tips, and to the ones that put their teachings on internet serving as a important study material for me.

Robert.
rolrossi is offline Find More Posts by rolrossi
Last edited by rolrossi; Mar 10, 2012 at 10:59 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 19, 2011, 10:29 AM
i Like RC
Manitoba, Canada
Joined Oct 2010
169 Posts
Great Ideas

Hi Rob, Those are great ideas for the EZ and you have excellent craftsmanship. I just recently got into the hobby and bought a Sky Surfer. I also decided to make some modifications and came up with an idea for mounting the motor which I have posted on my blog. I'm curious how you mounted your motor.

Perhaps once I learn to fly after crashing a few times I will get into FPV and use some of your ideas.

Great Work. Angelo
Weekend Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Weekend Flyer
Old Apr 01, 2011, 09:28 PM
FPV is lifestyle!
Brazil, ES, Vila Velha
Joined Apr 2010
30 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend Flyer View Post
Hi Rob, Those are great ideas for the EZ and you have excellent craftsmanship. I just recently got into the hobby and bought a Sky Surfer. I also decided to make some modifications and came up with an idea for mounting the motor which I have posted on my blog. I'm curious how you mounted your motor.

Perhaps once I learn to fly after crashing a few times I will get into FPV and use some of your ideas.

Great Work. Angelo
Hi Angelo,
Thank you, if you have any questions feel free to ask.
Robert.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 10:08 AM
FPV is lifestyle!
Brazil, ES, Vila Velha
Joined Apr 2010
30 Posts
Hi,

How about the news from your hobby?
Have you been on FPV?

Robert.