HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Ben-M, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 05, 2010, 12:28 AM
Perth, Australia
Joined May 2010
124 Posts
Data
Parkzone Slo-V

Bought 2005. Currently for sale.

I decided to get back into the hobby gently after a 10 year break. The Slo-V seemed slow and robust enough that I couldn't easily break it and end up with the same problems I had with my first two channel glider.

It delivered - though maybe too gently. It required a very calm day to fly, and while I never had any crashes with it, I probably only flew her at the park on five occasions. After the first three park visits, the weather picked up, and the plane got packed up - for a long time. Flight times were short, and it never seemed really calm enough to fly. I flew her again a couple of months ago over a couple of weekends, and found much the same problems, as well as, well, it was just boring.

At a grand total of 45 minutes flight time, when I finally shelved the plane and upgraded to what I hope will be a more permanent setup, I estimate that the Slo-V cost around $2.50 a minute before I got bored.

The other issue for me with this plane was that it was "sort of" Mode 1, whereas I feel Mode 2 is more natural for how I want to fly. The "Sort of" is because the throttle is on a slider at the back of the controller, which is just a bit weird. So I don't fly it any more, because I can't bind it to my 2.4GHz system, and it's up for sale on ebay (at least, at the moment).

It did exactly what I wanted though, which was to get me to overcome the fear of crashing that I talked myself into after my first plane.
Ben-M is offline Find More Posts by Ben-M
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 07, 2010, 10:52 PM
Perth, Australia
Joined May 2010
124 Posts
Sold yesterday on ebay for AUD$73 to a nice airport worker who has a hangar to fly in. Lucky guy
Ben-M is offline Find More Posts by Ben-M