ok will a exceed r/c 1/8 crawler be good for a starter crawler

go to nitrorcx.com and they have the crawler on the website
mini t king is offline Find More Posts by mini t king
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 05, 2010, 08:42 AM
United States, CA, SYLMAR
Joined Nov 2007
147 Posts
1. Do they have replacement parts? is the question you want to ask yourself before buying.
2. How available are the parts here locally if I break something and don't want to wait 2 to 3 weeks to get the parts I ordered?

I know a large number of people who have got something because they wanted to try it but have lost interest because they can't get parts locally and the product sits waiting but they never seem to get around to it. Life happens I understand and going to your LHS and getting something is not cheap, but who is there when you need help? and who supports the parts you are defiantly going to break?
Go to your LHS, see what they carry before you order anything on line where you know what you are going to be up against, see if they carry any of the parts, see if they will know anything about what you want before you buy because the people on the customer support line actually don't know didally squat and you are going to get booked answers and a lot of I don't know.

I have been crawling for a while now, I have Losi, Venom, Axial, RC4WD crawlers and when I do break something on the Venom I am down for 2 weeks because none of the LHS's around me carry anything for it, I have had to get creative and it has turned the Venom into a nearly bulletproof crawler because I hate having to wait for parts. It has Axial shocks, RC4WD axles, Traxxas out-drives for drive lines, my own stainless steel pins for everything that is not changed out to another company. Now on my Axial even though it is pretty custom now I can walk in to one of the many LHS's around me and get what I need off the wall the same with the Losi Comp Crawler.

In short I am saying support your LHS (Local Hobby Shop) because they will be there to support you when you need something instead of a nameless Indian or Chinese voice on the other end who dose not know carp.
GmanBill is offline Find More Posts by GmanBill
Old Jul 05, 2010, 03:58 PM
mini e revo basher/racer
Joined Mar 2010
177 Posts
well they do and my lhs carries the truck and the truck is only 200$ rtr or i can go 1/16 for like 100$ or 1/10 for 150$ which all of them are cheaper than the 1/18 losi crawler for 250$
Old Jul 06, 2010, 08:41 AM
United States, CA, SYLMAR
Joined Nov 2007
147 Posts
Get what you can afford to buy parts for then.
GmanBill is offline Find More Posts by GmanBill
Old Jul 06, 2010, 01:25 PM
mini e revo basher/racer
Joined Mar 2010
177 Posts
ok i will go with the 1/8 scale