HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 24, 2011, 01:28 PM
The Lone Blue Plaid Flyer
Seattle
Joined Jan 2003
7,586 Posts
Hi Guys,

I got the fake 13th rib in. It's just a place to mount the sheeting. See photo. Now for the other wing. Stay tuned.

Bob in Seattle
Bob Cook is offline Find More Posts by Bob Cook
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2011, 01:57 PM
Seattle
Joined Jan 2003
7,586 Posts
Hi Guys,

I got the other fake rib in. I also ordered some VERY long servo extentions. It's a LONG way from the aileron servos to the receiver in the fuse. Stay tuned.

Bob in Seattle
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 24, 2011, 02:19 PM
If it floats....sail it!
Elk Grove, CA
Joined Sep 2002
4,154 Posts
A Little Off Topic, But Important

Unless you are an AMA member (although I am not the "joiner" type I need to be in order to fly at my local field) you may not be aware that the FAA (yes those government types) are in the process of making some new rules for the national air space (NAS) and unless we get some support from Congress, it may have a huge negative impact about where and when we can fly our toy planes.

You can read more about it on the AMA website http://www.modelaircraft.org. The AMA is asking modelers to get involved before the FAA "does it to us" and perhaps kills off the hobby as well as an industry with lots of small business and jobs. The bill that passed the Senate has a protective amendment attached, but it may be cut out in the House or in a conference committee before it goes to the president for his signature.

You can get involved by sending emails to your representatives and the AMA has made it easy to send either a form letter or customized text you write via email. It even looks up your local congressman and senators by your ZIP code to get the correct addresses. You do not appear to be an AMA member to use it. http://amagov.modelaircraft.org/4077

I don't usually pass this kind of thing along, but I consider this to be very IMPORTANT. See if the links works for you and please get involved or we may end up just building static models that sit on a shelf.

As of a few minutes ago, there have been over 28,000 emails sent and if is one thing our politicians can do, it is count. Maybe not the cost of the fiscal bills they pass, but they sure do count contacts from their voters....just ask the NRA. (This is NOT a chain letter. See a summary of SB 223 here http://e-lobbyist.com/gaits/view/248535 )

FC
FoamCrusher is offline Find More Posts by FoamCrusher
Old Feb 24, 2011, 02:38 PM
Seattle
Joined Jan 2003
7,586 Posts
Hi FC,

Yah it's sad. The next thing you know we will have to fly at secret sights and wear ski masks. Outlaw RC'ers.

Bob in Seattle
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 25, 2011, 07:46 AM
Blueplaidcanard flyer
sdy. ny
Joined May 2007
2,978 Posts
I just sent the e-mails to my reps,hope it helps.Looks like there are only about 450 folks from N.Y. so far time to call some friends.
rabidrue1 is offline Find More Posts by rabidrue1
Old Feb 25, 2011, 07:33 PM
Seattle
Joined Jan 2003
7,586 Posts
The next "B" movie from Hollywood will be called......... RC Rebels Without a Cause. Who wants to play Brando's part ??

Bob in Seattle
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 26, 2011, 07:49 AM
Blueplaidcanard flyer
sdy. ny
Joined May 2007
2,978 Posts
I should have the wing done early next week,I've got the other aileron framed out and just need to finish the cap strips and the other joiner.Once the city gets more of the latest snow claered up I need to take a trip to the lhs for some more servo wire to make up the extensions for the wing servos.I think I'll solder the servo wires so I don't have to hide the connector at that end,as it should look better through the covering.Bob have you given any thought to the colors for your's yet?I'm going to do mine in transparent red with a black fuse and black on the sheeted areas of the wing and stab.If the covering comes out good enough I may take the bird to my stripeing guy and have him add some out lines that sugest feathers.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 08:02 AM
Seattle
Joined Jan 2003
7,586 Posts
Morning Scottie,

Oh, you know me. I think I'll go with white leading edges, dark transparent blue on the inner sections, light blue on the outter sections. Yellow or red wing tips. Same for the tail. Then, the usual Sky Sheen on the trailing edges and fuse. I'm stuck in a rut, what can I say.

Not much is going to get done today. I'm off the the Seattle Flower & Garden Show. I'm a huge gardener. I'm also going with a pretty blonde. I'll have photos later on today. Stay tuned.

Bob in Seattle
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 26, 2011, 09:51 AM
AMA 5285 LSF 8104
United States, OR, Hood River
Joined Aug 2008
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Cook View Post
I'm off the the Seattle Flower & Garden Show. I'm a huge gardener. I'm also going with a pretty blonde. I'll have photos later on today. Stay tuned.

Bob in Seattle
Photos of a pretty blonde???? kewl!!!

Scott

sorry.... couldn't resist! LOL!
Aquila Guy is offline Find More Posts by Aquila Guy
Old Feb 27, 2011, 01:48 PM
Blueplaidcanard flyer
sdy. ny
Joined May 2007
2,978 Posts
Got the bird framed out at last,just the wing tips,rudder and a boat load of sanding to go to finish the air frame.Wayne- looks like the rudder will be built up to save a bit of weight as it balances out just a bit on the nose down side with the motor battery and servo battery as far aft as they can go.I have 1and 2 oz weights that will fit the prop adaptor and hide in the spinner if needed but I hope not to have to use them.I have yet to weigh the beast I'll post it in the morning-time to move some more snow.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 02:11 PM
Seattle
Joined Jan 2003
7,586 Posts
Hi Scottie,

Sorry about the snow. I'm allergic to cats. The plane is looking really good. Your leading the group. Good job.

Bob in Seattle
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 27, 2011, 02:20 PM
Seattle
Joined Jan 2003
7,586 Posts
Hi Guys,

There is always some little detail you forget to do. I forgot to put a small slot in the shear web for the spoiler wires to go through into the D box. See photo. Life goes on. Stay tuned.

Bob in Seattle
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 27, 2011, 05:48 PM
Seattle
Joined Jan 2003
7,586 Posts
Hi Guys,

Here is radio programing question for you. I have a JR 9303. I am going to use aileron differential on the ailerons. Once that is set up, can I also do a rudder to aileron mix ?

Bob in Seattle
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 01, 2011, 06:20 AM
Blueplaidcanard flyer
sdy. ny
Joined May 2007
2,978 Posts
Can't see why not.
Old Mar 02, 2011, 07:05 AM
Blueplaidcanard flyer
sdy. ny
Joined May 2007
2,978 Posts
Bob-I looked at the jr web page but I can't get the manual for the 9303 to print.If you can post a link to a manual that I can print I can sort it out and walk you through the set up you want.scottie