HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 20, 2011, 02:07 PM
The Lone Blue Plaid Flyer
Seattle
Joined Jan 2003
7,567 Posts
Hi Guys,

I got the 1/8 th Ply braces cut out. One is gluing on now. Stay tuned.

Bob in Seattle
Bob Cook is offline Find More Posts by Bob Cook
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 20, 2011, 04:14 PM
Seattle
Joined Jan 2003
7,567 Posts
Hi Guys,

I got the other brace on and gluing. I'll have a shot of the whole wing together in about 30 minutes. Stay tuned.

Bob in Seattle
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 20, 2011, 05:05 PM
Seattle
Joined Jan 2003
7,567 Posts
Hi Guys,

We are at a mile stone in the wing build. All sections are joined and the wing very nearly done. Just some servo stuff and sheeting to go. It sure looks good. It better look good for almost 4 months of work. But then, what else did I have to do while it was raining ?? Enjoy the photos.

Bob in Seattle
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 20, 2011, 08:58 PM
Making wood fly since 2007
USA, MN, Rochester
Joined Mar 2008
2,287 Posts
Bob, boy what can I say. Seagulls of Seattle beware, there is going to be a new gull in town. Your wing looks great. Very well done indeed.

Wayne
Windependence is offline Find More Posts by Windependence
Old Feb 21, 2011, 01:31 AM
Hemel Hempstead, UK
Joined Aug 2010
183 Posts
Very pretty, Bob.

Neil
barnlop is offline Find More Posts by barnlop
Old Feb 21, 2011, 05:39 AM
life long racing nut & modeler
Granada Hills Ca.
Joined Nov 2009
1,768 Posts
Hi Bob

Your bare gull wing is looking real good, i have been a 4 panel poly guy in my past flying days [ 80's ] but after seeing some gull wings here on the forum when i get back to building i just might have to build me one of those gull birds as that shape is sure growing on me now.

Don
granada don is offline Find More Posts by granada don
Old Feb 21, 2011, 07:38 PM
Seattle
Joined Jan 2003
7,567 Posts
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the kind words about the wing. I see gulls every day at work flying around the lake. I've always liked the shape of the wing.

Bob in Seattle
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 22, 2011, 01:18 AM
Hemel Hempstead, UK
Joined Aug 2010
183 Posts
Round here they dive bomb you and steal any food you're carrying... love to watch them flying though. Though I think that crows and ravens sometimes have more fun in the air... gulls are consummate flyers, but crows play more games.
barnlop is offline Find More Posts by barnlop
Old Feb 23, 2011, 05:26 PM
Seattle
Joined Jan 2003
7,567 Posts
Hi Guys,

Uh Oh.........not good.........we went from sorta nice weather to cold and snow. See photo. I'm not going to go to work tomorrow, if this keeps up.

Bob in Seattle
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 23, 2011, 06:31 PM
If it floats....sail it!
Elk Grove, CA
Joined Sep 2002
3,959 Posts
Bob:

It is going to be one COLD weekend on the entire west coast, including San Francisco and here in Sacramento. The weatherpersons are predicting possible SNOW in the area for the first time in 37 years. It has to get really cold at 38N to get the white stuff next to SF Bay.

I have been following your build and, as always, you have done a meticulous job. The wings look great! Every time I get on a Boeing plane I am comforted that guys like you have put it together.

On the home front...I almost have my shop together (finally!!!!) and I am retired again so I may get started on the Raven soon. All the materials and equipment are here, I just need a clean place to work and the ability to find my tools. Living out of boxes is the pits. Soon everything will have its own place and my only trouble will be remembering where I put things. {I should have taken up this hobby when I could see and remember things }

Once I get started I will go back and review your posts to help me avoid my typical mistakes.

Keep warm and carry on.

FC
FoamCrusher is online now Find More Posts by FoamCrusher
Old Feb 23, 2011, 06:53 PM
Albuquerque, NM
Joined Nov 2010
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Cook View Post
Hi Guys,

That's about it for today. It's time for Pinot Gris and cheese with Foxy. Stay tuned.

Bob in Seattle
Santa Margharita and some Guyere or Manchengo sounds really good
nkcook is offline Find More Posts by nkcook
Old Feb 23, 2011, 08:07 PM
Seattle
Joined Jan 2003
7,567 Posts
Hi FC,

Glad to see you again. Thanks for all the kind words. Good luck on the snow. Foxy and I are by the fire sipping wine and eating cheese. So, get settled into that new place.

Hi nkcook,

Have some for me too.

Bob in seattle
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 23, 2011, 11:25 PM
Making wood fly since 2007
USA, MN, Rochester
Joined Mar 2008
2,287 Posts
Hi everyone,

I have the batteries for the camera charging and should have a few progress pictures to post later this week. In the meantime I stumbled upon this picture of a white gull wing Raven. Just thought I would share it with all of you. As a species the white Raven is very rare indeed. We should consider ourselves lucky to see even this much of it.

Wayne
Windependence is offline Find More Posts by Windependence
Old Feb 24, 2011, 08:23 AM
Seattle
Joined Jan 2003
7,567 Posts
Hi Wayne,

I wonder how many 3 meter Ravins we're built ?? I guess that we'll never know.

Bob in Seattle
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 24, 2011, 10:04 AM
Seattle
Joined Jan 2003
7,567 Posts
Hi Guys,

Looks like I'm going to get some more build time. We got hit by a snow storm. See photos of my back yard. I dont' go to work when it snows. To many hills in Seattle for that. Stay tuned.

Bob in Seattle
RCG Plus Member