Old Jul 04, 2010, 12:46 AM
Figure Nine Champ
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolladay View Post
SCSI? Yuck!
Not at all. It goes on a UAV, and forcibly terminates the UAV's flight on command. It even really worked like it was designed to, once.
madsci_guy is offline Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Last edited by madsci_guy; Jul 04, 2010 at 12:51 AM.
Old Jul 04, 2010, 07:33 AM
Let slip the dogs of war!
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Jun 2005
1,719 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentle ben View Post
I've led three lives. Number 2 is only one that can be represented by a picture.
You were turned into a newt? Well, obviously you got better
Park_Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Park_Flyer
Old Jul 04, 2010, 08:05 AM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,638 Posts
Quote:
My day job is sitting behind a computer, almost any computer will do.

I double dog dare, no, I triple dog dare you to make and extra special picture of Zoe for me
bildo baggins is offline Find More Posts by bildo baggins
Old Jul 04, 2010, 09:15 AM
fix-it-up chappie
Valley Village, CA
Joined Jan 2002
2,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsci_guy View Post
Not at all. It goes on a UAV, and forcibly terminates the UAV's flight on command. It even really worked like it was designed to, once.
It just looked like your garden variety SCSI device. SCSI was a technology designed by the Russians to cripple American artists. It almost worked too, until Apple finally discovered the covert agent in their midst, learned of his dastardly plans, and then had St. Jobs come in and give us a real peripheral connection experience.

I have no doubt if you worked on it, then you got it to work. Asking annoying questions over and over until it gives in, is the perfect response pattern to wilily computers peripherals.
tolladay is offline Find More Posts by tolladay
Old Jul 04, 2010, 09:20 AM
fix-it-up chappie
Valley Village, CA
Joined Jan 2002
2,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bildo baggins View Post
I double dog dare, no, I triple dog dare you to make and extra special picture of Zoe for me
It's a time and money issue. I don't like to spend the time unless there is money on the other side.

Otherwise it gets into my Father Juan time, which I am guarding more and more jealously of late.
Old Jul 04, 2010, 09:24 AM
Enjoy Life B4U Die!
United States, GA, Powder Springs
Joined Dec 1999
4,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtdirt View Post
nice! 3 hots and a cot. what more could you ask for. i bet showering was interesting.
The smart ones in there, which ironically were more than I thought, learned quickly never to ask for A N Y T H I N G

N E V E R

It's like one of the hundreds of unwritten rules in that society - anything to compromise personal vulnerability is kin to sipping poison. Sipping a little bit has harsh consequences, sipping a little more can be fatal.

I just finished reading "Zeitoun" - it brought back too many memories but I got through it.
Buzz_Man is offline Find More Posts by Buzz_Man
Old Jul 04, 2010, 09:31 AM
fix-it-up chappie
Valley Village, CA
Joined Jan 2002
2,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentle ben View Post
I've led three lives. Number 2 is only one that can be represented by a picture.
She turned you into a newt?
Old Jul 04, 2010, 09:33 AM
fix-it-up chappie
Valley Village, CA
Joined Jan 2002
2,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudknocker71 View Post
Here's an interesting one for you. I used to build test boxes to test reclaimed flips off of DBR (damaged beyond repair) cell phones. Box I'm going to show you is for a Moto 402/502 flip.

Basic operator instruction where..

Attach flip.
Flip all toggles up.
Turn main power on and press Start.
After all Flips go into test mode...flip down toggles.
Press soft button to advance threw program.

Program tests inside LCD, outside LCD, camera and flash (if available), and any buttons (if available.) This test program is standard on all Moto flip models on Sprint phones.

I built these boxes off hand. No diagrams to work from. Figured power out on each new model. Other brands required to test the entire flip w/o a program all functions had to be accessed manually. Anyway..that's just a sample of what I built.
Pud,

This is so scarily beyond anything I could do as to really impress me. Looks like you need to work for Q.
Old Jul 04, 2010, 09:35 AM
fix-it-up chappie
Valley Village, CA
Joined Jan 2002
2,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz_Man View Post
The smart ones in there, which ironically were more than I thought, learned quickly never to ask for A N Y T H I N G

N E V E R

It's like one of the hundreds of unwritten rules in that society - anything to compromise personal vulnerability is kin to sipping poison. Sipping a little bit has harsh consequences, sipping a little more can be fatal.

I just finished reading "Zeitoun" - it brought back too many memories but I got through it.
I just finished "The Right Stuff". Sounds very similar. Thriving, or even surviving, in that kind of environment takes a special skill. Cool.
Old Jul 04, 2010, 09:41 AM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,638 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsci_guy View Post
Is that a NG UAV by chance. If so, I have somewhat of an interest in it and the capability it has. One of our items of interest in the latest fielding. Remember, I am the bad guy so don't tell me anything you shouldn't
bildo baggins is offline Find More Posts by bildo baggins
Old Jul 04, 2010, 10:44 AM
Debary, Fl.
Joined Oct 2007
2,314 Posts
Quote:
Pud,

This is so scarily beyond anything I could do as to really impress me. Looks like you need to work for Q.
Everything I know I learned OJT. Pretty simple DC wiring with a little reverse engineering. Much of it I owe to a good friend Spudgunner53. You, anyone, could learn what I did...accept maybe the owner of the business I worked for. He didn't have a clue what we were doing. Anyway..that's another story. It was fun interesting work while it lasted.
Pudknocker71 is offline Find More Posts by Pudknocker71
Old Jul 04, 2010, 10:48 AM
Debary, Fl.
Joined Oct 2007
2,314 Posts
Quote:
I just finished "The Right Stuff". Sounds very similar. Thriving, or even surviving, in that kind of environment takes a special skill. Cool.
Don't know what you guys are talking bout..."The Right Stuff" is an AWESOME Epic movie.
Pudknocker71 is offline Find More Posts by Pudknocker71
Old Jul 04, 2010, 12:56 PM
Suspended Account
United States, UT, Salina
Joined Apr 2003
3,117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bildo baggins View Post
I would love a copy of that as well, She's smkin.
Bilbobaker is offline Find More Posts by Bilbobaker
Old Jul 04, 2010, 01:26 PM
Who, ME?
Euclid Ohio
Joined May 2005
299 Posts
I'm now full-time perm here helping make these:
http://www.aero-instruments.com/

My title is machinist/assembler. You've probably flown on a plane that had one of our products mounted on it, and you'll be happy to know that our QC is EXTREMELY good!
dll932 is offline Find More Posts by dll932