• Span: 31.5"
  • Area: 210 sq.in.
  • Motor: GWS EPS300C
  • Prop: EP0907
*** VIDEO (17.7meg) ***

David

www.cl-i-max.com
d_trafalgar is offline Find More Posts by d_trafalgar
Last edited by d_trafalgar; Feb 14, 2004 at 09:29 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 19, 2003, 06:43 AM
Crash Master
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Sep 2001
16,632 Posts
And he had us test it with an IPS! It flies good on an IPS-A, but appears to go wild on an EPS-300.
Gene Bond is offline Find More Posts by Gene Bond
Old Jun 19, 2003, 07:06 AM
Mark Imbriaco
Chesapeake, VA
Joined Apr 2003
259 Posts
Mmmm, that's a nice looking bird. I'm more than a little afraid to fly a balsa wing though -- it seems like when I get my Mini Speedwing in the air I go a little nuts and start trying to do things that I shouldn't be doing. I just know I'd crater this thing in less than 15 minutes.

-Mark
NeuronBasher is offline Find More Posts by NeuronBasher
Old Jun 19, 2003, 07:18 AM
Ontario, Canada
Joined Sep 2001
482 Posts
Mine has already been abused......nosed into the ground a number of times......smashed into a bike during landing....had the battery eject 3 times 30-50 feet up (bad Velcro bond, my fault). I've had to do some minor repairs and it's a little scared but still in great shape. The center section is almost entirely plywood and seams to take a lot a abuse. Anything else I found to be weak has been modified for extra strength.

D
d_trafalgar is offline Find More Posts by d_trafalgar
Old Jul 08, 2003, 02:25 PM
Live to ride... and fly!
Forney, TX
Joined Mar 2002
15,165 Posts
Somehow I missed this thread when it was posted. As Gene said, we tested these on IPS motors. It flew well enough, but I ended up going to a hybrid (DX-C/EDF) and it flew quite nicely on that setup. Inside and outside loops from level, nice slow rolls.

Nice covering job on your Gene, it looks great!

==it seems like when I get my Mini Speedwing in the air I go a little nuts and start trying to do things that I shouldn't be doing==

This is a different kind of flying, it's not the same down low in-your-face stuff as the MSW It's a much bigger wing and I tended to keep it up higher than I do with my MSW.
Tres Wright is offline Find More Posts by Tres Wright