HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by milehighjc, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 01, 2010, 12:50 PM
Mile High Pilot
USA, CO, Longmont
Joined Jun 2010
1,175 Posts
Discussion
The Hangar

>>> EDIT - have added a Parkzone Night Vapor to the Hangar, will post pictures soon!

I currently have four airplanes:

Hobbyzone Super Cub LP RTF
Picked this up as my first airplane the first week of May 2010. It took some hard knocks, including a broken firewall/motor mount, a shattered cowl, smashed up spinner and a lot of bent landing gear. But its tougher than nails, and so far the repair bills total less than $10. My kind of first plane.

I added floats at the end of June. Float flying is a blast, and the cub looks very cool in the air with the floats.

Parkzone T-28D Trojan BNF
I've now had the T-28 for almost three months. This is one FUN airplane to fly, and has helped me learn quite a few aerobatic moves. Sadly, it has crashed hard three times now, the first two the result of a bad RX which Im pleased to report was replaced by Horizon Hobby. The third crash as pure pilot error - flying knife edge with the airplane between me and the sun - it was in silhouette, and being a gray airplane, I lost orientation. The good news is that its easy to repair. So far, Ive not managed to do any damage that I couldnt fix with a little gorilla glue.

Parkzone Night Vapor BNF
Ill add some pictures of this sometime soon... I want to get some night shots of it. Its a very light (clear film wings) airplane with LED lights mounted to it. Its a blast to fly in the dark, and will fly for well over 20 minutes on a 150maH battery.

Parkzone Stinson Reliant SR-10 PNP
Added this beautiful bird on Sept 27, 2010. I've seen a number of these at the EAA fly in in Oshkosh, and could not resist it. Its larger than the T-28 (49.6in wingspan), but shares the same mechanical elements and batteries, so Ill have some spare parts. It has yet to fly, but is assembled, trimmed, charged and ready to go.

jc
milehighjc is offline Find More Posts by milehighjc
Last edited by milehighjc; Sep 28, 2010 at 07:07 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 01, 2010, 02:09 PM
United States, CA, Huntington Beach
Joined Apr 2009
533 Posts
o man both are great planes and you will have a lot of fun with the trojan
hbsurfer is offline Find More Posts by hbsurfer
Old Jul 01, 2010, 03:18 PM
Mile High Pilot
USA, CO, Longmont
Joined Jun 2010
1,175 Posts
Thanks, with a little luck and some good weather, maybe both will fly tonight, although I would like have an experienced pilot look over the T28 and the radio settings before it goes airborne. Pretty sure its set up right, and trimmed as well as I can on the ground, but another set of eyes is always a good thing with a new plane.

jc
milehighjc is offline Find More Posts by milehighjc