HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 07, 2012, 02:09 PM
Registered User
hga77's Avatar
Joined Jan 2010
383 Posts
Deleted
hga77 is offline Find More Posts by hga77
Last edited by hga77; Jan 07, 2012 at 04:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2012, 05:51 PM
Registered User
earlwb's Avatar
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
13,107 Posts
Post #22 in this thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starchaser View Post
Finally gotto meet with customs today, and it is definitely a no go on being able to get any rc aircraft into Bahrain. The issue according to customs is that somebody had previously used an aircraft fitted with a camera to take photos of something or somebody, and ever since then all rc aircraft have been banned.
My glider will now sit in customs untill I send it out of the country. Really, really dissapointing as I was looking forward to the abundance of thermals here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hga77 View Post
You might be right about this being the worst time to ask for anything. Or it might prove to be the perfect timing. Who knows.

Your idea about indoor flying is very interesting. This is definitely one way. The other is to designate RC flying zones or areas. Pilots must obtain a membership for using these RC airfields.†

BTW Where and when did you get this information about a person taking pictures from an RC aircraft? Do you have anymore details? When did this†incident take place?†
earlwb is online now Find More Posts by earlwb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My new Gaui X5 Rc Helicopter
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 08, 2012, 11:37 AM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2008
28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlwb View Post
Post #22 in this thread:
The camera on the plane happened almost 10 years ago if not more and it was not even a terrorist or spy. It's all based on paranoia There are plenty of places to fly, I plan to send an email to the local club in KSA and Qatar to get a general feel for the rules they have and how they control the sites.
Jonb81 is offline Find More Posts by Jonb81
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 08, 2012, 02:18 PM
Registered User
hga77's Avatar
Joined Jan 2010
383 Posts
I don't believe in this... Someone caught flying a plane with a cemare taking photos... Rubbish!

RC flying has been non existent in Bahrain (at least officially) as far back as I can remember (early 70’s). In other words this ban was implemented way back then. Did this idiot strap a camera to an RC plane before/around the 70’s? He must have been a genius to pull that off! Wonder what camera he was using. A gopro?

The point is, it’s not only RC flying gear that is strictly banned. All sorts of wireless devices are strictly prohibited. Anything with a built in frequency transmitter and/or receiver are banned from entry, regardless of frequency band or transmission power. Cordless home telephones, walkie-takies, wifi modems, wireless baby monitors... just to name a few. This is unheard of. It's important to realise this. The emphasis is on frequency usage, not RC flying.

I’m with you jonb81 we need to publicise this everywhere... I’ve invested too much money in this hobby I’d rather do it legally.

I hope more and more people contribute to this thread.
hga77 is offline Find More Posts by hga77
Last edited by hga77; Jan 08, 2012 at 02:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 08, 2012, 08:02 PM
Registered User
earlwb's Avatar
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
13,107 Posts
Well, I used to use a SIG Kadet Senior with a 35mm autowind camera way before we had digital cameras as a camera platform. I used a Astro Flight gear reduced .40 motor and three six cell nicad packs to power the motor. So that goes way back many years then.
I used a servo on the retract channel to trigger the shutter. The servo arm would push the button. I had simply used some servo tape and stuck the servo right on the camera body and I had the camera aimed out the side and pointing downwards some to take the pics for me up in the air.

But then if they have banned all wireless devices, then the ones in power are definitely worried about those things causing problems for them. I don't remember anyone mentioning that before either.
earlwb is online now Find More Posts by earlwb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My new Gaui X5 Rc Helicopter
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2012, 03:38 AM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2008
28 Posts
As it stands there is no RC law trust me I have checked. Last year I was flying yes flying a 500 size heli in a lot that I found and flew most of the year I would get there at 530 and leave at 630 7 the latest, as people would get up.

Well I took a few packs and stayed till 9 and was stopped my the police. Aparently the land was the PM of Bahrain (Prime Minister) the police took my heli and TX but I got it back the next day. Eveyone is different I know people in within the MOI that is high ranking so I had to call a few faviors in.

Im writing my article now I am waiting on contact from KSA to see how much they generate as far as income. The best bet would be to get a rich Sheik onboard who has land and have him charge a fee and membership then get intrest to grow this way.
Jonb81 is offline Find More Posts by Jonb81
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2012, 07:48 AM
Registered User
hga77's Avatar
Joined Jan 2010
383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonb81 View Post
As it stands there is no RC law trust me I have checked. Last year I was flying yes flying a 500 size heli in a lot that I found and flew most of the year I would get there at 530 and leave at 630 7 the latest, as people would get up.

Well I took a few packs and stayed till 9 and was stopped my the police. Aparently the land was the PM of Bahrain (Prime Minister) the police took my heli and TX but I got it back the next day. Eveyone is different I know people in within the MOI that is high ranking so I had to call a few faviors in.

Im writing my article now I am waiting on contact from KSA to see how much they generate as far as income. The best bet would be to get a rich Sheik onboard who has land and have him charge a fee and membership then get intrest to grow this way.
Good to know thanks!

I was in Bahrain some months back during ramadan. Managed to get a dx7, trex250 kit and other rc gear through (don't ask how!). Was flying inside a home garden. Wasn't sure where else to fly or what the police would do so stayed in the garden...
hga77 is offline Find More Posts by hga77
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2012, 03:41 PM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2008
28 Posts
Yea I have flown everything from a 250 upto a 90 since I have been here even a 50 size nitro
Jonb81 is offline Find More Posts by Jonb81
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2012, 06:28 AM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2010
2 Posts
Flying

Hi everyone I will be flying next if any1 is interested email me at firehawk69@hotmail.com no pigs invited by pigs I mean cops don't even try I can smell a cop a mile away.
adelaa90 is offline Find More Posts by adelaa90
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2012, 05:41 PM
Registered User
Joined May 2009
298 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelaa90 View Post
Hi everyone I will be flying next if any1 is interested email me at firehawk69@hotmail.com no pigs invited by pigs I mean cops don't even try I can smell a cop a mile away.
Hi Adelaa90

I am very much interested in flying in Bahrain. Used to do it back in the UK but ever since moving to Bahrain it has now stopped!

Have you managed to find someonwhere to fly?

I was crossing the causeway from Saudi into Bahrain and customs asks if I had an rc stuff, I said no. I then said why is it forbidden in Bahrain when just across the causeway there are dedicated clubs? He said don't worry give it another couple of months and it will be legal.
G4ORCE is offline Find More Posts by G4ORCE
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 05:11 AM
Reactor G/P 3D Saito 82a
Joined Jun 2010
81 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G4ORCE View Post
Hi Adelaa90

I am very much interested in flying in Bahrain. Used to do it back in the UK but ever since moving to Bahrain it has now stopped!

Have you managed to find someonwhere to fly?

I was crossing the causeway from Saudi into Bahrain and customs asks if I had an rc stuff, I said no. I then said why is it forbidden in Bahrain when just across the causeway there are dedicated clubs? He said don't worry give it another couple of months and it will be legal.
Ive been hearing thus like forever man
Anyway pls let me know if anyone here fly planes pm me pls
Jhone I never recieved a pm from u regarding the newspappe, im all in just ler me know what u need me to do exactly
DjRedFoxx is offline Find More Posts by DjRedFoxx
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 04, 2012, 03:31 AM
Sticks, Tissue & old Diesels
brokenenglish's Avatar
France, Centre, Amboise
Joined Nov 2011
1,614 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hga77 View Post
RC flying has been non existent in Bahrain (at least officially) as far back as I can remember (early 70ís).I hope more and more people contribute to this thread.
OK, well that part of the world just isn't evolving in the right direction, that's all.
I flew single channel RC on Muharraq Island in 1963/4, and I'm sure that if we'd wanted to go across the bridge and fly on the mainland there wouldn't have been any problem (we did it for other activities).
brokenenglish is online now Find More Posts by brokenenglish
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 25, 2013, 12:40 PM
Registered User
hga77's Avatar
Joined Jan 2010
383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenenglish View Post
OK, well that part of the world just isn't evolving in the right direction, that's all.
I flew single channel RC on Muharraq Island in 1963/4, and I'm sure that if we'd wanted to go across the bridge and fly on the mainland there wouldn't have been any problem (we did it for other activities).
Wow that's amazing
hga77 is offline Find More Posts by hga77
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2013, 01:34 PM
Registered User
Letchworth, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jul 2004
11,699 Posts
Bahrain was a British protectorate in 1963/4, so different rules applied.
abenn is offline Find More Posts by abenn
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2013, 05:29 PM
Registered User
hga77's Avatar
Joined Jan 2010
383 Posts
Isn't it ridiculous, in this time and age, that a country could ban it's people from enjoying a hobby of flying small rc models? Forbids them from flying anything! It's pathetic Indeed it's going backwards...

The reason?
"Security and safety reasons due to space limitations"

Space limitation? How much space does one need to fly a little model?

BS. I smell other reasons!
hga77 is offline Find More Posts by hga77
Last edited by hga77; Feb 25, 2013 at 05:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion No RC Flying in Chicago This Weekend - President OBama In Town FR4-Pilot Mini Helis 34 Jun 01, 2010 08:16 AM
Discussion Just got in from flying...night flying of course. streborz Night Flying 1 May 27, 2010 10:39 AM
Question indoor flying club in Houston Texas or Indoor flying sites in Houston area!! cerralvo78 Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 7 Mar 31, 2010 08:24 PM
Converting the Imex Bahrain P. Tritle Scale Boats 64 Aug 02, 2006 09:53 PM