HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 06, 2011, 08:52 AM
Oh no not again!!!
United States, VA, Loudoun
Joined Apr 2011
21 Posts
Well finally had the time and weather to maiden my new plane! Hope you enjoy the video http://www.facebook.com/video/video....27422074&saved
Badflier is offline Find More Posts by Badflier
Last edited by Badflier; Nov 06, 2011 at 09:06 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2011, 12:44 PM
Ontario, Canada
Joined Mar 2010
808 Posts
Got a full season in on Madalyn now...was wondering if anyone is noticing their canopy not fitting just how it used to.. ?
Mine fits it but almost seems like I have to put some downpressure in order to get it snapped down on the magnets...had me worried so I had to put some temporary velcro on the back hatch to be safe...

Jazzbone
JazzboneCuit is offline Find More Posts by JazzboneCuit
Old Nov 06, 2011, 02:35 PM
Keep Flying
Swedesboro NJ
Joined May 2008
757 Posts
Hey sam
Welcome to the Rhapsody thread,i am sure you will love the new plane
Badflier
Great video and flying,your right nothing like a biplane in the air and hats off to the camera person its not easy to track these planes on zoom,Day Dreamer looked great

Jazz
Funny you should mention that about the Canopy,i was out last sunday and it flew off no damage ,it was not fitting as tight,i think it had to do with the cold it was a bit chilly that day ,i was out the other day and it was sunny and warm and it fit tight like it always did,so i think the wood is flexing from the weather or usage LOL,but it did not come off once on the warm day

Had a bit of a problem with the rapper last time out [Crash]not a fault of the plane this is built like a tank,lost signal and nosed into ground ,wing popped off and cowl is toast,all in all i was lucky i just have to replace the cowl,everything else is repairable,no tears in the cote,i was kinda hoping so i could change the color to red but i just need to open the bottom of the wing and it wont be noticed so i don't see any sense stripping it yet, instead of typing all the details i posted it on the electric Airplane Forums you can read it here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...6#post19802584 just trying to get some info on what happened so it does not do it again
here is the video of the crash and some aftermath
Ron

Rapper Crash.avi (0 min 59 sec)
snoopy3440 is offline Find More Posts by snoopy3440
Old Nov 17, 2011, 10:09 AM
Joined Oct 2009
74 Posts
HI Guys,
Just finished putting this kit together.. What a great looking model.
Iam using an Eflite Power 25, with Efilte 60 amp ESC, 2800Mah 4 Cell Lipo, and 12x8 Prop.
I am having some problems getting the CG right.. it just does not want to balance.. If u push it a pit forward its nose heavy, pust it a bit back its tail heavy.. whats up with that.. reminds me with the Saratoga for Hangar 9...
CHeers
gazzazh is offline Find More Posts by gazzazh
Old Nov 18, 2011, 12:30 AM
Joined Oct 2009
74 Posts
OK it seems that the 2800 Mah 4S will not work.... I am thinking if either going to a 4s 3300 MAH or 4S 4000 MAh.. What do you guys think.. I would rather add a bigger battery than add more weight.. your help is appreciated..

Cheers,
Old Nov 18, 2011, 12:41 AM
Plane Basher
Rancho Santa Margarita, California
Joined Oct 2005
199 Posts
gazzah,
Use the 4s 4000Mah. I use that size and it really gives the Rhapsody a good safe speed range with run time between 7-10 minutes,
Sam
slammer1 is online now Find More Posts by slammer1
Old Nov 18, 2011, 01:01 AM
Joined Oct 2009
74 Posts
thanks a million sam.. Cheers
Old Nov 18, 2011, 05:41 AM
Ontario, Canada
Joined Mar 2010
808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slammer1 View Post
gazzah,
Use the 4s 4000Mah. I use that size and it really gives the Rhapsody a good safe speed range with run time between 7-10 minutes,
Sam
+ 1 I use the same as well...
Old Nov 18, 2011, 05:43 AM
Ontario, Canada
Joined Mar 2010
808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy3440 View Post

Oh man, that sucks Snoopy...looks like it's repairable though with a few new parts thrown in...
I'm sure she'll fly again..

Jazzbone
Old Nov 19, 2011, 05:50 PM
Keep Flying
Swedesboro NJ
Joined May 2008
757 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzboneCuit View Post
Oh man, that sucks Snoopy...looks like it's repairable though with a few new parts thrown in...
I'm sure she'll fly again..

Jazzbone
Hey Jazzbone

Its really not bad,i just need a new cowl and dummy radial,what sucks is not knowing for sure what caused it.i been flying a beat up t28 frame i had laying around with esc and rx from the rapper in it ,not a glitch ,took it to a dot in the sky nothing ,have about 20 flights on it since the crash and no problem so i guess i will go back to flying the balsa planes and write it off as a one time glitch, dunno still would love to know what caused it,
i was going to recover the rapper but i do not have a scratch on the covering ,so i am going to just pull it back where i need to repair and iron it back down and wait til i get some real damage,it will probably be as soon as i take the rx and esc from the t28 and put it back in the rapper,my son did not want me to change it ,i would still like to recover it in red or do it in stearman colors of yellow and blue,i was lucky this is one solid built biplane,if you seen in the vid it bounces after hitting the ground .it popped the wing off and smashed the cowl but nothing major,some ca and i would be back in the air,but i am going to take my time and go over it real good to make sure there is no real damage deep down,she will be back soon,i miss flying her
Thanks Jazz

Ron
snoopy3440 is offline Find More Posts by snoopy3440
Last edited by snoopy3440; Nov 19, 2011 at 06:02 PM.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 05:19 AM
Joined Oct 2009
74 Posts
Guys.. just a quick question.. Do you Balance the CG while in inverted flight mode.. or normal flight mode.. I have been trying to balance it using the CG machine.. but its either tail heavy or nose heavy.. confusing.. i am balancing inverted.. ..

Cheers
Old Nov 20, 2011, 05:44 AM
Ontario, Canada
Joined Mar 2010
808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzazh View Post
Guys.. just a quick question.. Do you Balance the CG while in inverted flight mode.. or normal flight mode.. I have been trying to balance it using the CG machine.. but its either tail heavy or nose heavy.. confusing.. i am balancing inverted.. ..

Cheers
If I remember right, it's NOT inverted like single winged planes, but you use the top wing for balance...I use a nano-tech 4s-4000 in it all the way forward and it's perfect...
I gave up on the balancer long ago...too much of a hassle...fingertips are just as good

Jazzbone
Old Nov 20, 2011, 05:56 AM
Joined Oct 2009
74 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slammer1 View Post
gazzah,
Sam
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzboneCuit View Post
If I remember right, it's NOT inverted like single winged planes, but you use the top wing for balance...I use a nano-tech 4s-4000 in it all the way forward and it's perfect...
I gave up on the balancer long ago...too much of a hassle...fingertips are just as good

Jazzbone
Thx Jazzbone...appreciate all the help.. I dont have 4000mah battery now.. so i am going to go with a 2800Mah 30c 4 cell.. should at least do for test flight .. not aerobatics.. hopefully will be enough for 3-4 min. of flight...

thanks again..
Cheers.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 06:11 PM
Australia, ACT, Canberra
Joined Feb 2009
377 Posts
I was going to get the Stearman but decided to order the Rhapsody instead as I have a spare power 32 and 60 amp esc.
actflyer is offline Find More Posts by actflyer
Old Dec 12, 2011, 07:44 PM
Plane Basher
Rancho Santa Margarita, California
Joined Oct 2005
199 Posts
Actflyer,
I have both the Stearman and the Rhapsody,.... they are both fun to fly. The Stearman is a gracefull flyer that will do basic acrobatics. Just becareful doing any acrobatics, because the Stearman can catch you off gaurd, and will tip stall and spiral in if you're not careful. The Stearmans strong suit is just looking good with a pilot in the plane and make low slow passes over the runway and listen to the compliments. Or do nice gracefull loops and rolls and just enjoy it.
The Rhapsody can be graceful too, but I think it's ment to be pushed and pushed hard. I can almost hover it for a few seconds, but It's not ment do that type of 3D stuff. Any other manuver you can think of it will do it and do it fast. It's the sportscar to the Stearmans classic car ride.
Have fun.
Sam
slammer1 is online now Find More Posts by slammer1