HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by meanbaby, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 07:10 PM
brooklyn,ny
Joined Jul 2007
2,277 Posts
Discussion
won a GP Reactor

won a Reactor from Clubs monthly raffle!!!!
forgot to take pic on built
but man she flies AWESOME!!!!
meanbaby is offline Find More Posts by meanbaby
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Polaris #58 control horn
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 30, 2010, 09:21 PM
Sydney Australia
Joined Jun 2010
3 Posts
Even looks fast. What exactly is it, what's in it etc?
planepassion8 is offline Find More Posts by planepassion8
Old Jun 30, 2010, 10:03 PM
brooklyn,ny
Joined Jul 2007
2,277 Posts
ops, sorry

its a Great Planes Reactor ep
http://www.electrifly.com/parkflyers/gpma1540.html

motor= 2836-09(900kv)
http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...lectric/Detail
30 amp esc
1300 mah 3cell 20c
4 9 gram tg90's
11x6 prop
Assan 7ch rx

AUW=24.4oz

the motor produce 220w but with my setup i got 205watts giving me 34 oz thrust @ 15.5 amps with a pitch speed of 44 mph.

i dont fly 3d, nd use the Reactor as a sport flier, she goes where you point her, and do it FAST!!! i say i roll aprox 4 rolls per sec, not unlimited verticl, but she will climb for a good 5-7 sec before she runs out of steam

for pure 3d action i would install this motor
http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...lectric/Detail

which produces 260 watts and gives 40oz thrust!!

rolls are VERY axal,loops are perfect, iwith this plane, i started doing Knife edges, and it is very easy to do!, just roll it and give rudder to hold, inverted are piece of cake, just a tiny,tiny touch of up elevator. the best part is my landings, PERFECT landings almost each time!!! all i do is line up for approch, and slowly drop throttle and she practically lands herself!

Like i said, i dont fly 3d, so i cant say how good it is on that, but as a sport flyer, she is perfect!!!

only mod i did was added the tail wheel, since @ our club we have paved runway, i love taxing her to the take of spot from the pits and taxi her back to the pits,

will try to get video this weekend for you guys.

thanks
-pete
meanbaby is offline Find More Posts by meanbaby
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Polaris #58 control horn