SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by meanbaby, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 08:10 PM
brooklyn,ny
Joined Jul 2007
2,283 Posts
Discussion
won a GP Reactor

won a Reactor from Clubs monthly raffle!!!!
forgot to take pic on built
but man she flies AWESOME!!!!
meanbaby is online now Find More Posts by meanbaby
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Polaris #58 control horn
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 30, 2010, 10:21 PM
Sydney Australia
Joined Jun 2010
3 Posts
Even looks fast. What exactly is it, what's in it etc?
planepassion8 is offline Find More Posts by planepassion8
Old Jun 30, 2010, 11:03 PM
brooklyn,ny
Joined Jul 2007
2,283 Posts
ops, sorry

its a Great Planes Reactor ep
http://www.electrifly.com/parkflyers/gpma1540.html

motor= 2836-09(900kv)
http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...lectric/Detail
30 amp esc
1300 mah 3cell 20c
4 9 gram tg90's
11x6 prop
Assan 7ch rx

AUW=24.4oz

the motor produce 220w but with my setup i got 205watts giving me 34 oz thrust @ 15.5 amps with a pitch speed of 44 mph.

i dont fly 3d, nd use the Reactor as a sport flier, she goes where you point her, and do it FAST!!! i say i roll aprox 4 rolls per sec, not unlimited verticl, but she will climb for a good 5-7 sec before she runs out of steam

for pure 3d action i would install this motor
http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...lectric/Detail

which produces 260 watts and gives 40oz thrust!!

rolls are VERY axal,loops are perfect, iwith this plane, i started doing Knife edges, and it is very easy to do!, just roll it and give rudder to hold, inverted are piece of cake, just a tiny,tiny touch of up elevator. the best part is my landings, PERFECT landings almost each time!!! all i do is line up for approch, and slowly drop throttle and she practically lands herself!

Like i said, i dont fly 3d, so i cant say how good it is on that, but as a sport flyer, she is perfect!!!

only mod i did was added the tail wheel, since @ our club we have paved runway, i love taxing her to the take of spot from the pits and taxi her back to the pits,

will try to get video this weekend for you guys.

thanks
-pete
meanbaby is online now Find More Posts by meanbaby
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Polaris #58 control horn