Closed Thread
Old Jun 28, 2010, 04:53 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2010
116 Posts
Discussion
Test report of Gens ace battery from Jocke

2010-5-19
Starting to test a new LiPo brand/battery from Acepow in China.

Gens ace 2200mAh 25c 3s LiPo. I have cycled it slowly to run them in, see the capacity and matching of cells. Without have taking the battery apart yet, i can see that it is very well made, with good protection on both ends of the pack, exit of the balans wires are also very well protected. Matching of the cells is almost perfect, despite the fact that i discharged it on the below graf to 3v/cell, they end up with almost exactly same voltage.

This pack is rated to 5C charge, and i think there will be no problem to fast charge this battery.

Name: bild.jpg
Views: 195
Size: 19.5 KB
Description: Name: ace22003s25cyc6.jpg
Views: 257
Size: 79.0 KB
Description:
2010-06-11

This pack is one of the best build LiPo backs i have ever seen! its perfectly protected and very well designed, with thin aluplates on top and bottom of the pack this gives the cells a very good protection. Damping material on front and back with extra protection between the terminal poles.
This extra attention to protect the battery is something you just dont see on todays LiPos, this ads abit of extra weight, one aluplate is 5g, so total of extra weight thanks to the protection is aprox 15g, but its well worth it if you ask me, they have even glued the smal balance wires, so they stay in place when being pulled.Thumbs up to acepow! build qualety 10 out of 10 in my book.

Name: ace-parts.jpg
Views: 611
Size: 108.1 KB
Description:
2010-06-15

AcePOW LiPo test continues, now the 25C 2200 has 82 cycles with 10% capacity loss, 5C charge 15C discharge to 3v/cell 100% capacity.

Those all infromation is come from Jocke ,a professional and enthusiastic guy from sweden.
http://web.mac.com/goransson/Watts_u...epow_LiPo.html
http://web.mac.com/goransson/Watts_u...epow_LiPo.html
http://web.mac.com/goransson/Watts_u..._Watts_on.html
ericyao22 is offline Find More Posts by ericyao22
Last edited by ericyao22; Jun 29, 2010 at 06:08 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 28, 2010, 04:55 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2010
116 Posts
Last edited by ericyao22; Jun 28, 2010 at 05:10 AM.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 01:20 PM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,817 Posts
Im sure the batteries are good, but the same person you are calling a professional also said Rhino lipos only lasted max 20 cycles then they where rubbish, I have well over 100 cycles on 5 of my rhinos, and have been reading guys who are over 300 cycles on their Rhinos..

The Rhinos that I have are also having about 10% capacity loss and are at 100 cycles, I think this is normal for a Lipo today, dont understand whats so good about that .
sebbe is offline Find More Posts by sebbe
Last edited by sebbe; Jun 28, 2010 at 01:30 PM.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 05:02 PM
WATTSUP.SE
Sweden
Joined Dec 2001
2,307 Posts
If you are happy with your Rhinos... use them, dont see what the problem is, and cant see how any old Rhino tests are related or interesting to Erics thread on acepow, if you want to talk about your Rhino experience, create another thread, im sure there is room for it
Jocke is offline Find More Posts by Jocke
Old Jun 28, 2010, 07:04 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,164 Posts
dupe
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Last edited by hoppy; Jun 28, 2010 at 10:15 PM.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 07:06 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,164 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocke View Post
If you are happy with your Rhinos... use them, dont see what the problem is, and cant see how any old Rhino tests are related or interesting to Erics thread on acepow, if you want to talk about your Rhino experience, create another thread, im sure there is room for it

If this thread was solely about Erics batteries, maybe you shouldn't have brought up HK in the first place?
"already more than twice as good as any HC batterys i have tryed".

Kind of waving a red flag in front of the bull.
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Last edited by hoppy; Jun 28, 2010 at 08:02 PM.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 07:39 PM
United States, CA, Pinole
Joined Jan 2009
825 Posts
Quote:
Except we all know ericyao22 is a paid shill for acepow and his constant bashing of HK makes his batteries and "tests" a fair target ....

imgumby
imgumby is online now Find More Posts by imgumby
Old Jun 28, 2010, 09:12 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2010
116 Posts
No matter what you say ,experience is the best teacher.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 09:48 PM
acepow
ShenZhen
Joined Dec 2008
10 Posts
Test chart for Acepow 2200MAH 3S 30C Battery

Hello, every one, thanks for your attention to Acepow battery.i also get some test charts from a customer. all the data is from customer.
acepowling is offline Find More Posts by acepowling
Old Jun 28, 2010, 10:08 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2010
116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by imgumby View Post
Except we all know ericyao22 is a paid shill for acepow and his constant bashing of HK makes his batteries and "tests" a fair target ....

imgumby
woooo ,if I said HK battery is the best battery ,it can do 1000 cycles ,100C discharge ,20C charge,am I a paid shill for hobbyking?
Old Jun 29, 2010, 03:42 AM
WATTSUP.SE
Sweden
Joined Dec 2001
2,307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy View Post
If this thread was solely about Erics batteries, maybe you shouldn't have brought up HK in the first place?
"already more than twice as good as any HC batterys i have tryed".

Kind of waving a red flag in front of the bull.
Well that is a "copy/ paste" from my homepage.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 05:22 AM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,817 Posts
Quote:

I and many many others are happy with Rhinos AND many other HC batteries, you as a "professional" expert , should know that lipos are getting better and the differance between cheep Chinise and other are getting smaller.

The reason I was opening my mouth is that in my way of seeing it a "professional" like you, should not have that attitude you have against HC lipos, and HC products to be reliable...

And again, if you get 20 cycles out of a Rhino lipo, then one can question your methods of doing tests... But this is just my own opinion..

And if you read that others have 200-300 cyclaes out of their Rhinos, then MAYBEE ? you should question what was wrong with your Rhinos..

So far as I can tell you: "the professional Jocke" are the only one with that poor results from a Rhino pack, I can show you at least 20-30 other proof that Rhinos will hold much more then 20 cycles, SO wich one do you think the members and readers here will belive.. And This also reflects the credibility of your tests in general .

And I dont think people here at RcGroups know about your background either as a sponsered, this also lower the credibility of your so called "good lipos"..

Thank you..
Last edited by sebbe; Jun 29, 2010 at 05:35 AM.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 06:11 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2010
116 Posts
Quote:
Well that is a "copy/ paste" from my homepage.
I am sorry to bring some troubles to you ,I have delete that sentence,please ignore what they say.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 07:29 AM
WATTSUP.SE
Sweden
Joined Dec 2001
2,307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbe View Post
I and many many others are happy with Rhinos AND many other HC batteries, you as a "professional" expert , should know that lipos are getting better and the differance between cheep Chinise and other are getting smaller.

The reason I was opening my mouth is that in my way of seeing it a "professional" like you, should not have that attitude you have against HC lipos, and HC products to be reliable...

And again, if you get 20 cycles out of a Rhino lipo, then one can question your methods of doing tests... But this is just my own opinion..

And if you read that others have 200-300 cyclaes out of their Rhinos, then MAYBEE ? you should question what was wrong with your Rhinos..

So far as I can tell you: "the professional Jocke" are the only one with that poor results from a Rhino pack, I can show you at least 20-30 other proof that Rhinos will hold much more then 20 cycles, SO wich one do you think the members and readers here will belive.. And This also reflects the credibility of your tests in general .

And I dont think people here at RcGroups know about your background either as a sponsered, this also lower the credibility of your so called "good lipos"..

Thank you..

Give up Sebbe, we have already gone thru this on other forums, you just have to live with the fact that the HC LiPos i have tested has been no good.

No worrys Eric, i know Sebbe from before, nothing new.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 07:40 AM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,817 Posts
Give up what, this is a discussion about lipos and graphs and test result, nothing wrong with discuss your methods.....

But if you want me to be quiet, then OK.

To be simple: I have hard time to accept that someone like you saying HC lipos are bad, and Rhinos only last 20 cycles. THATS NOT TRUE..

Thank you, I will give up.
Closed Thread