Old Jun 27, 2010, 04:44 AM
Just having fun !
Noble park,Melbourne,Australia
Joined Mar 2006
363 Posts
Discussion
St Model Fox ?

Hi guys,
I'm looking at buying the St Model Fox can anyone give me any feedback on what this glider is like to fly, and can you slope with it.

Cheers Ron.
Ronstar is offline Find More Posts by Ronstar
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 28, 2010, 02:52 AM
Melbourne,Victoria,Australia
Joined Apr 2010
1,488 Posts
Slope-no problems

I dont have the st model fox,but l have the st model dg1000 and the st model asw 28, and l thermal and slope both of them.For Slope only, l add ballast to the nose area on both, if the wind is more than 15 knots.Less wind than 15 knots,there is no need to add ballast.Both fly really well,and they are good to, because l use the receiver in another model as well-my 2.5 metre fibreglass ASW 28.You can also elect to use the throttle trim up so the prop doesnt spin if by mistake you raise the throttle gimbal-whilst flying on slope that is, with a decent breeze.If there is minimal wind at the slope,you can power up to flying height and search for lift as well.I was looking at the fox as well,model flight still have the asw 28 and dg 1000,they have the fox,in stock,for $219,road freight-toll transport, from south aust to melbourne-$15.Have fun,damo
Damian Couzoff is offline Find More Posts by Damian Couzoff
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Damian Couzoff; Jun 28, 2010 at 03:11 AM. Reason: Note-visit wwwmodelflight.com, under scale gliders
Old Jun 28, 2010, 05:07 AM
Just having fun !
Joined Mar 2006
363 Posts
Thanks Damian for your feedback, i have orded the Fox pnp through Revmax hobbies in Coffs Harbour and i'm looking forward to getting it set up and in the air. I'm getting a bit tired of my Easystar even though it has a brushless set up, i want something with ailerons to better my skills.

Ron.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 05:49 AM
Joined Apr 2010
1,488 Posts
The fox will fly well off the slope-

Ron,sounds good,the transmitters and receivers work well,l have had no problems with mine at all,and that was a big factor in buying my two st models.The lightness of these gliders sets them apart from others,and the asw 28 l flew off charman road,mentone,vic in a 7-8 knot southerly breeze ,WITHOUT POWER.Get down there when you get the fox,works best in a southerly wind-straight on to the slope,land on the beach,you will most likely see me there flying my st model dg 1000 or ASW 28-good fun.damo
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 28, 2010, 11:06 PM
Just having fun !
Joined Mar 2006
363 Posts
I have flown my Easystar there mate and ended up in the trees, its hard to land ontop now that they put in the seats, had the flycamone2 onboard to video the whole drama !

Cheers Ron.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 12:22 AM
Multi Rotor Maniac
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Oct 2007
2,645 Posts
Ive heard about planes getting lost in the bushes, landing on Beach Rd and also hitting houses at Charman Rd. Ronstar is your video on YouTube? There was talk some time ago about the council banning R/C at this site so its best to land on the beach. Totally off topic sorry.
Stunt Double is offline Find More Posts by Stunt Double
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 29, 2010, 02:03 AM
Just having fun !
Joined Mar 2006
363 Posts
Deleted !
Last edited by Ronstar; Jun 29, 2010 at 03:22 AM.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 02:59 AM
Joined Apr 2010
1,488 Posts
Land on the beach only-not on top.......

I made my point clear earlier,l only fly these at Mentone- ST MODEL ASW 28, ST MODEL DG 1000.The only exception was my semiscale Bard-2 metre,and thats fast, but is stable, and flaps have been fitted, to slow the landing on the beach even more.The dg 1000 and ASW 28 are FOAM,not glass,and they both weigh under 700 grams.End of discussion.......................................D amo............................................... ...............................................
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 01, 2010, 04:40 AM
Joined Feb 2009
208 Posts
A mate in Bris just bought a ST Fox and I got the job of setting it up and doing its initial flights. Once I got the cog worked out (battery quite forward) it was a dream fly, tho the motor is a little underdone. Glided like it was on rails, just keep the speed up ! A good buy!
mikey100 is offline Find More Posts by mikey100