HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 30, 2010, 12:48 PM
TH9X Firmware: Thus NG
Joined Mar 2010
159 Posts
New version is great !

- eeprom file self repair works great, tryed several times and have no error anymore
- D/R now without mixer, great
- SPEED, uups..now it`s FADE , very nice resolutions below 5

My old eeprom data still works, well done ! On STAT2 page my tmain increased by 1ms, now to 7, but still good

Have to readjust SPEED ( aargh..now FADE ) to new values, had 3 for flaps before and now 6 - very nice

Fantastic Job ! Just like to have a new radio :cool
Promix is offline Find More Posts by Promix
Last edited by Promix; Jun 30, 2010 at 04:31 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 30, 2010, 12:57 PM
Joined Mar 2010
159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kim View Post
I am using pre-programmed delta/elevon set-up. I have no problem with sub-trim changes.
Hi John,
this is a custom FW threat covering THUS
Old Jun 30, 2010, 04:03 PM
Johannes
Switzerland, Vaud, Lausanne
Joined May 2010
23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Promix View Post
done.... and kicked !

read this

btw: this is a custom FW threat covering THUS
I'm talking about v2 hardware to be flashed with thus firmware...
joan is offline Find More Posts by joan
Old Jun 30, 2010, 04:12 PM
Joined Mar 2010
159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joan View Post
Oh, sorry
never done with v2 hardware, but should work
Old Jun 30, 2010, 04:36 PM
LI, NY,
Joined Oct 2008
1,964 Posts
Quote:
It shouldn't matter what the previous FW is. You are erasing whats on the ATmega64 chip and installing new FW.

Also the V2 radio should be easier to solder the wire harness due to a pad that was etched onto the trace for the SCK lead.

I put the FW on my radio and I must be "saved model" challenged because I can not get get my saved eeprom to load the models I had programed from the previous FW.

The good news is my sticks are OK...the bad news I dropped the radio and broke the sticks!!! J/K sticks are fine now.

Time to play.
reacher10 is online now Find More Posts by reacher10
Old Jun 30, 2010, 04:45 PM
Joined Mar 2010
159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reacher10 View Post
It shouldn't matter what the previous FW is. You are erasing whats on the ATmega64 chip and installing new FW.

Also the V2 radio should be easier to solder the wire harness due to a pad that was etched onto the trace for the SCK lead.

I put the FW on my radio and I must be "saved model" challenged because I can not get get my saved eeprom to load the models I had programed from the previous FW.

The good news is my sticks are OK...the bad news I dropped the radio and broke the sticks!!! J/K sticks are fine now.

Time to play.
Did you try to load back the saved eeprom with the previous FW again ?
Mine works fine for both FW versions

EDIT: Would be interesting to hear if others have the same trouble
Last edited by Promix; Jun 30, 2010 at 04:54 PM.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 05:37 PM
LI, NY,
Joined Oct 2008
1,964 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Promix View Post
Did you try to load back the saved eeprom with the previous FW again ?
Mine works fine for both FW versions

EDIT: Would be interesting to hear if others have the same trouble
I think I'll reprogram my planes and keep a keen eye for anything with the sticks getting out of calibration.

In fact I'll do a calibration right now before I preogram anything.

Hmmm.When I go to screen 6 for calibration it goes blank for a second and goes to the main screen...thats different.

Same for expo.

Reflashing........

Edit: reflashed and it's working ok...no models though...no biggy.
Last edited by reacher10; Jun 30, 2010 at 06:04 PM.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 06:17 PM
Joined Oct 2006
8 Posts
Quote:

Time to play.
Hi reacher
which previous FW revision did you use?
Model conversions should work for r46 to r83
with some inaccuracy. (e.g. speed-values changed)
If you have problems with converting from this versions the i am interested in your eeprom contents.

@jonlowe
issues 16,17 and 18 are not implemented until now because i have no good idea how to do that.
1. with minimal eeprom-memory consumption. (If I allow 3-Position switch then every stick must reserve memory for this use case. multiplied by 2 for up and down separation...)
2. without special treatment of some sticks (throttle stick). I dont like special cases
3. with minimal restrictions to the overview in the menus, because of most users don't need this features.

I think we need a more dynamic handling of eeprom data for this features.
Additionaly the menus must also be more dynamic to hide complexity for most users with simple use cases.

regards thus
thus is offline Find More Posts by thus
Old Jun 30, 2010, 06:48 PM
LI, NY,
Joined Oct 2008
1,964 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thus View Post
Hi reacher
which previous FW revision did you use?
Model conversions should work for r46 to r83
with some inaccuracy. (e.g. speed-values changed)
If you have problems with converting from this versions the i am interested in your eeprom contents.

regards thus
Hi Thus,

Good to see you here and I'd like to says thanks for your efforts on this, they are greatly appreciated.

I was using version 1.1268. I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong.

I did notice that when I did a recalibration of the sticks, again I had dead spots as before. I re-flashed it and they are gone again. Perhaps it's just this particular radio?

I'll try again to see if I can get my models back.

Your FW is great!

Thanks Again

Rick

This is the file I saved before flashing the latest FW.
Last edited by reacher10; Jun 30, 2010 at 07:22 PM.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 10:55 PM
Northern Alabama, USA
Joined Apr 2003
680 Posts
Thus,
I could do most of what I want if there were more 9 point CV mixers available. I could use those instead of separate expos. They aren't as nice since they aren't smoothed curves, but are workable. 5 point mixers are too rough to be usable in these cases.

Throttle IS a special case. Expo really isn't usable on throttle since you can't fine tune the shape of the curve to match the output of the motor/engine. Most modern radios offer a throttle curve. I don't know of any that use expo instead.

Right now I use up one 9 point CV mixer for throttle, and the other in place of elevator expo. I also would use near end-of-stick curves to switch in additional down elevator and rudder for special conditions if I had the curves to use. I could use one of the 5 point CV's for this if the intermediate points could be moved from 25% and 75% to an arbitrary value (such as 90 or 95%).

Regarding the 3 position switch, is there a way to implement it so that you use the 3 position switch, OR the 2 position switches, but not allow both? Would that free up memory?

Thanks.

Jon

Quote:
@jonlowe
issues 16,17 and 18 are not implemented until now because i have no good idea how to do that.
1. with minimal eeprom-memory consumption. (If I allow 3-Position switch then every stick must reserve memory for this use case. multiplied by 2 for up and down separation...)
2. without special treatment of some sticks (throttle stick). I dont like special cases
3. with minimal restrictions to the overview in the menus, because of most users don't need this features.

I think we need a more dynamic handling of eeprom data for this features.
Additionaly the menus must also be more dynamic to hide complexity for most users with simple use cases.

regards thus
jonlowe is online now Find More Posts by jonlowe
Old Jul 01, 2010, 05:11 AM
Joined Oct 2006
8 Posts
Quote:
Hi Thus,

Rick

This is the file I saved before flashing the latest FW.

oops what is this. I had a look at the zip-file above and it looks terrible.
1. its no binary format, but its intel hex (ihex)
2. it contains some parts of the flash contents, but with large wholes of garbage
If you downloaded this file from your well working radio then your programmer has a serious problem. This would also explain that your saved eeprom contents could not be restored.

Please try to download your flash contents in binary format, and verify this file with the original file which you before uploaded.
Thiis M U S T be identical. If no, then any effects can happen.

regards thus
thus is offline Find More Posts by thus
Old Jul 01, 2010, 06:13 AM
Johannes
Switzerland, Vaud, Lausanne
Joined May 2010
23 Posts
Quote:

Time to play.
hehe, reacher this is a picture I uploaded to rclineforum. v2 seems a bit more different. the Ail/DR and Throttle switches are inverted. In order to get high potential on MISO/MOSI, these have to be switched ON opposed to v1 (at least for my Th9x v2).
Since nobody complained or posted issues, I'm wondering if anybody else has tried to flash a v2 Hardware.
joan is offline Find More Posts by joan
Old Jul 01, 2010, 07:54 AM
Northern Alabama, USA
Joined Apr 2003
680 Posts
Quote:
oops what is this. I had a look at the zip-file above and it looks terrible.
1. its no binary format, but its intel hex (ihex)
2. it contains some parts of the flash contents, but with large wholes of garbage
If you downloaded this file from your well working radio then your programmer has a serious problem. This would also explain that your saved eeprom contents could not be restored.

Please try to download your flash contents in binary format, and verify this file with the original file which you before uploaded.
Thiis M U S T be identical. If no, then any effects can happen.

regards thus
Thus,
Reacher and I have had similar issues trying to save and flash firmware. We can flash yours and get things to work, but are unsuccessful in flashing any other firmware (V1 or V2) and getting them to work. I suspect that you are right, that the programmers are giving us problems. I have a new one on the way, and I will try that. I, too, lost my saved models when I flashed your latest firmware. I have also had a problem getting the correct signature from the chip before reading or writing to it, and always have to override that check. I can and do verify both reads and writes, and they always are successful.

Jon

Jon
Old Jul 01, 2010, 07:57 AM
Northern Alabama, USA
Joined Apr 2003
680 Posts
Quote:
hehe, reacher this is a picture I uploaded to rclineforum. v2 seems a bit more different. the Ail/DR and Throttle switches are inverted. In order to get high potential on MISO/MOSI, these have to be switched ON opposed to v1 (at least for my Th9x v2).
Since nobody complained or posted issues, I'm wondering if anybody else has tried to flash a v2 Hardware.
Can you provide a link to the pictures on that forum?

Thanks.

Jon
Old Jul 01, 2010, 07:59 AM
LI, NY,
Joined Oct 2008
1,964 Posts
Quote:
Yeah, I saw that picture in the other thread. I didn't notice that you had posted it.

I remember in the other thread someone wrote that even a Futaba and other brand radios could be flashed however the original FW could not be saved.

I was only able to do this after seeing what others had done but as far as flashing V2 I'm not the guy who could answer that.

.................................................. ...............................

Thus, I'm not sure whats going on with my saved files. I did a save just a few minutes ago and the radio just gave a blank screen after I wrote it back. I know it's something I'm doing wrong.

I only had one simple model programmed so I didn't loose a whole lot. I'll mess with some more.
Last edited by reacher10; Jul 01, 2010 at 12:22 PM.