HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 26, 2010, 10:46 PM
LI, NY,
Joined Oct 2008
1,964 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telemachus View Post
New to Thus as of about an hour ago...

Must admit, not immediately amazed, but need to play with it some more.

I find that the contrast is easiest to read at 20, but when I turn the radio off, and turn it back on, the contrast is all dark again. When I go to the menu and move to contrast, it fixes it, even though the number is still set at 20.

Any thoughts?
WTG on the install.

I haven't touched the contrast yet. It's still set to 30...try setting it back to 30.

Once you see how easy it is to navigate and you get a handle on the programing you'll like it. I'm still figuring out things I can do with it.
reacher10 is offline Find More Posts by reacher10
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 27, 2010, 12:15 AM
Heli Humbled Daily
Riverside, CA
Joined Jul 2006
2,973 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reacher10 View Post
WTG on the install.

I haven't touched the contrast yet. It's still set to 30...try setting it back to 30.

Once you see how easy it is to navigate and you get a handle on the programing you'll like it. I'm still figuring out things I can do with it.
On my Leadershobby flysky 9x, the 30 setting is unreadable. 20 is ideal. I flashed with a Turnigy version, and it was just as dark. Flysky firmware does just fine with it. Interesting...
Telemachus is offline Find More Posts by Telemachus
Old Jun 27, 2010, 07:31 AM
Northern Alabama, USA
Joined Apr 2003
684 Posts
I'm here!

I originally posted these questions in the Turnigy thread, but I think they may have gotten lost in the noise in the other thread. Hope someone can help me.

1. I'm trying to use a custom curve for throttle using CV3. I can get the curve to work, but I lose throttle trim. How do I fix this?

2. I want to set up dual elevator servos and dual aileron servos. I can mix elevator to channel 5 and aileron to channel 6, but it appears that if I want dual rates, I have to set them up in mixes in both the original channel, and the mixed channel. Is there any simple way to set up the slave channel to follow whatever happens in the master channel?

3. I want a dual rate to kick in for elevator in the last few degrees of stick movement for down elevator. I can set up a curve mix to do it using CV4 mixing elevator to elevator, but I lose elevator trim. It seems anytime I set up to use a curve mix, I lose trim. How do I fix this?

4. Throttle trim (no curve) appears to work on both low and high throttle. How can I get it to only work on low throttle?

Jon
jonlowe is offline Find More Posts by jonlowe
Old Jun 27, 2010, 11:55 AM
Heli Humbled Daily
Riverside, CA
Joined Jul 2006
2,973 Posts
Jon, weren't you trying to us a parallel programmer? Did you finally get it to work? (I could be mistaken).

Now that my feet are a little more wet, I am beginning to understand the potential. The throttle proportional timer is simply brilliant!

I figured out configuration of the sticks and subtrim, now trying to tackle mixing. Manual doesn help much.

I want to mix Aileron to Elevator and vice versa for elevon mixing. Can anyone offer a quick tutorial?
Telemachus is offline Find More Posts by Telemachus
Old Jun 27, 2010, 12:26 PM
R.I.P, Aardvark.
Holt, MI
Joined Jan 2009
1,554 Posts
Quote:
I'm having the exact same issue with the sticks having dead band at the ends, same as Crucial is having.
The original FlySky software had a menu routine to recalibrate the control pots (translated instructions here thanks to Jon Lowe.) Does the replacement software you're using have the same routine, or is the replacement software assuming a "standard" pot calibration?
F-111 John is online now Find More Posts by F-111 John
Last edited by F-111 John; Jun 27, 2010 at 12:31 PM.
Old Jun 27, 2010, 12:27 PM
LI, NY,
Joined Oct 2008
1,964 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telemachus View Post
Jon, weren't you trying to us a parallel programmer? Did you finally get it to work? (I could be mistaken).

Now that my feet are a little more wet, I am beginning to understand the potential. The throttle proportional timer is simply brilliant!

I figured out configuration of the sticks and subtrim, now trying to tackle mixing. Manual doesn help much.

I want to mix Aileron to Elevator and vice versa for elevon mixing. Can anyone offer a quick tutorial?
On the mixing screen as you scroll down you'll notice the cursor turns to a long underscore. Press the menu button and this will add a mix to that channel. From there just make the mix.

So under elevator add a mix and designate it aileron. Just make that simple change and then exit to the main screen and you can see the channels that are activated with the elevator stick. From there go back into mixing and start playing with numbers and other stuff. You will prolly need need 2 mixes under elevator and visa versa.

Can't stay but start messing with it.
Old Jun 27, 2010, 01:08 PM
LI, NY,
Joined Oct 2008
1,964 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonlowe View Post
I'm here!

1. I'm trying to use a custom curve for throttle using CV3. I can get the curve to work, but I lose throttle trim. How do I fix this?
I'm using custom curves and still have trims. Can't really help as to why you don't have any trim.

Check and see if your servos move all the way to the end of your stick travel...I'm seeing probs with this.
Old Jun 27, 2010, 02:01 PM
USA, SE Wisconsin
Joined May 2009
2,375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by F-111 John View Post
The original FlySky software had a menu routine to recalibrate the control pots (translated instructions here thanks to Jon Lowe.) Does the replacement software you're using have the same routine, or is the replacement software assuming a "standard" pot calibration?
Yes there is a calibration menu. I calibrated everything after flashing. The dead spot in the stick ends only comes up after setting the base trim setting.
crucial is offline Find More Posts by crucial
Old Jun 28, 2010, 07:24 AM
Northern Alabama, USA
Joined Apr 2003
684 Posts
Quote:
I'm using custom curves and still have trims. Can't really help as to why you don't have any trim.

Check and see if your servos move all the way to the end of your stick travel...I'm seeing probs with this.
Can you post an example of a mix with curves where trim still works? I want to use a 9 point curve for throttle. I can get it to work, but trim does nothing.

Thanks.

Jon
Old Jun 28, 2010, 08:06 AM
LI, NY,
Joined Oct 2008
1,964 Posts
Quote:
Can you post an example of a mix with curves where trim still works? I want to use a 9 point curve for throttle. I can get it to work, but trim does nothing.

Thanks.

Jon
Pretty much all my throttle's are using 9 pt curves. I had found that the %timer didn't reflect throttle setting so I used a custom curve just to see if I could get it close and it worked great. I still have trim on all of them. Too much trim if you ask me.

So if you remove the curve you have your trims again?

Jon I'll make a quick video so you can see how I have it setup...no sense posting it...boring.
Last edited by reacher10; Jun 28, 2010 at 09:15 AM.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 08:13 AM
LI, NY,
Joined Oct 2008
1,964 Posts
Promix, could you please ask josef and johannes if they could look into the dead spot at the end of the sticks? And possibly setting up the trims as they are in the original FW.

The dead spot is really a huge bug. I can still fly but it makes the sticks very sensitive.

Other then these two area's the FW is great.

Thanks
Old Jun 28, 2010, 08:15 AM
Northern Alabama, USA
Joined Apr 2003
684 Posts
Quote:
Pretty much all my throttle's are using 9 pt curves. I had found that the %timer didn't reflect throttle setting so I used a custom curve just to see if I could get it close and it worked great. I still have trim on all of them. Too much trim if you ask me.
Could you post the steps you use to add the custom curves? I don't need screen shots, just the text of what is on the screen.

Thanks.

Jon
Old Jun 28, 2010, 09:23 AM
LI, NY,
Joined Oct 2008
1,964 Posts
Quote:
Could you post the steps you use to add the custom curves? I don't need screen shots, just the text of what is on the screen.

Thanks.

Jon
Jon you are 100% correct!

It shows that the trim is moving on the side bar but there is no responce at the servos, numbers on the screen or the horizontal bar. I removed the curve and it trims the servos.

I was just looking at the side bar and didn't notice the prob because I don't really trim the throttle with the trim button.

OK...so 2 bugs.

1. Sticks have major dead spots at the ends.

2. Servos do not respond to trim if a custom curve is applied.

EDIT: Adding found bugs

3. Reversing setting for the switches does not work as it should (ELE!..etc.). No effect.

This is great that we have this thread but it sucks that we don't have author's who wrote the FW.

Promix it looks like you're our man!
Last edited by reacher10; Jun 28, 2010 at 04:51 PM.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 09:29 AM
Northern Alabama, USA
Joined Apr 2003
684 Posts
Quote:
Jon you are 100% correct!

It shows that the trim is moving on the side bar but there is no responce at the servos, numbers on the screen or the horizontal bar. I removed the curve and it trims the servos.

I was just looking at the side bar and didn't notice the prob because I don't really trim the throttle with the trim button.

OK...so 2 bugs.

1. Sticks have major dead spots at the ends.

2. Servos do not respond to trim if a custom curve is applied.

This is great that we have this thread but it sucks that we don't have author's who wrote the FW.

Promix it looks like you're our man!
That's what I get also. There apparently is a bug report on this, in German, on the project website. I've added my issue to it. It appears that part of this was intentional, if I can decode the German correctly, and there MAY be some sort of fix coming, but it is really not clear in the Google translation. I've also posted some other enhancements I'd like to see as separate items (split expo curves, built in 9 point throttle curve instead of built in expo for throttle, etc.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 10:48 AM
LI, NY,
Joined Oct 2008
1,964 Posts
Have you noticed the dead band at the end of the sticks?