SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:52 AM
USA, SE Wisconsin
Joined May 2009
2,375 Posts
The DM9 requires ppm to work. The HP6DSM expects a serial signal so ppm will not work.

Also, the DM9 isn't DSMX compatible.
crucial is offline Find More Posts by crucial
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:54 AM
Glow? What is that?
South Africa, FS, Bloemfontein
Joined Apr 2009
140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizards316 View Post
Hi guys.
Can I please get some help wrt training.

I want to use my DSX9 as MASTER and my ER9X as SLAVE.

What should the setting be?
Really scratching my head.... Been trying plenty..
Can any1 help please?
Blizards316 is offline Find More Posts by Blizards316
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:43 PM
USA, SE Wisconsin
Joined May 2009
2,375 Posts
You don't really give us any info as to what you have or what you have tried. I am going to assume that you have er9x installed on a 9x radio. Assuming you have the stock module installed into the 9x radio you need to setup a new model in the er9x radio with the channels matched to the order of your dsx9. (I think TAER) then in that models settings you need to change the protocol to PPMSIM. Then you need to turn the 9x radio off.

Next step is to setup the dsx9 for your model and enable the trainer somehow. I don't have one and I can't tell you how to do that. From a quick google search it looks like the JR 9303 needs to be set to Master Normal T in the trainer menu. I don't know if the dsx9 is the same.

After setting up the model you should plug the trainer cord into the back of the dsx9 and with the 9x radio OFF you plug the other end of the trainer cord into the 9x. If everything is setup right it should work UNLESS there is some electrical difference in the signals between radios. If that's the case you will have to figure out ho to get the levels to work together.
crucial is offline Find More Posts by crucial
Old Oct 12, 2012, 04:44 PM
Portugal
Joined Jan 2011
45 Posts
After flashed r776 to my 9x appears a message showing "bad eprom data". However it seems that is working good. I flashed again and appears same message. Is it worring?
almarco is offline Find More Posts by almarco
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:05 PM
Registered Loser
Canada, BC, Central Okanagan H
Joined Jun 2010
3,251 Posts
No, that's just stating that you don't have any valid eeprom. Which is expected immediately after you flash fresh firmware on there. It instructs you to press a button to continue, and at that point a fresh eeprom is created and you're good to go.

Remember that there's two aspects to this. The firmware is what the radio runs on, and the eeprom is where things like your model and settings are stored. Any time you flash the firmware, it wipes out your eeprom unless you have "set fuses to protect eeprom" set up in your options. Or you can just back up your existing er9x eeprom and write it back once you finished flashing the firmware.

- Steven
s_mack is offline Find More Posts by s_mack
Old Oct 12, 2012, 07:27 PM
Portugal
Joined Jan 2011
45 Posts
Thx very much. I have allways a back up of the eeprom.
One more question: is it possible to invert any of the channels display? I have allways to invert one of the servos (or col, ail or ele) and the channels display are almost allways inverted in one of the channels. I tried -100% on the mixer insted of inverting servo, but the result on the dispaly is the same. Is confusing when you move ail stick and the display show for example the left and right ail channels moving same direction...
Old Oct 12, 2012, 08:11 PM
Registered Loser
Canada, BC, Central Okanagan H
Joined Jun 2010
3,251 Posts
You know, I was wondering the same thing. Just the other day, for the first time, I had a situation where I would have liked to invert a channel without using a negative in the mixer (for exactly the reason you say). The model is such that its impractical to reverse the servo. I couldn't figure out a way to reverse/invert the channel but it seems like something obvious that there should be a way to do it. I'm sure if there is, that someone will show us how soon

- Steven
s_mack is offline Find More Posts by s_mack
Old Oct 12, 2012, 08:14 PM
Life begins at transition
Australia, VIC, Sale
Joined May 2007
3,593 Posts
Isn't that what INV on page 6/10 do?
I just tried it one mine, and it changes the direction of the display too...
Or are you trying to change the display, without affecting the servo?
Odysis is offline Find More Posts by Odysis
Old Oct 12, 2012, 08:21 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
16,708 Posts
The servo display is a graphic representation of the pulse length with low on the left and high on the right. You can't reverse it.

Not a good idea IMO, since you would then not know which way the throttle was for example.

Inverting the servo output is easy, just change it in the limits menu on the extreme right.
But that will reverse both the servo and the display, which I don't think was what he was trying to do
pmackenzie is offline Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:38 AM
Portugal
Joined Jan 2011
45 Posts
Yes, I was trying to invert the servo without inverting the respective channel display (or vice-versa). We could have this option for all channels and I think it is possible in a future ERX release. With this option we could have the display representing servo movement and not pulse length. Without this option the only way to do that is phisically invert the servo output and this is not doable.
To PMackenzie: I think actual (and old) releases has this feature to one channel: precisely Throttle (in setup menu)!
Old Oct 13, 2012, 07:02 AM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
16,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by almarco View Post
Yes, I was trying to invert the servo without inverting the respective channel display (or vice-versa). We could have this option for all channels and I think it is possible in a future ERX release. With this option we could have the display representing servo movement and not pulse length. Without this option the only way to do that is phisically invert the servo output and this is not doable.
To PMackenzie: I think actual (and old) releases has this feature to one channel: precisely Throttle (in setup menu)!
There is no "one channel" for throttle in ER9X. Any channel can be throttle.
Or none in the case of a glider.
While I sort of understand why you want this, to me it would just add confusion.
How for example do you represent the elevator which goes up and down using a bar that goes side to side? Same for flaps, landing gear, etc.

It would simply be an extra unnecessary step during model setup. Once you have everything going the right way, then you would have to go and change the servo display, but why bother?
You already have everything working for real at that point

Pat MacKenzie
pmackenzie is offline Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Oct 13, 2012, 09:33 AM
Portugal
Joined Jan 2011
45 Posts
I know that any channel can be Throttle output. May be I didnīt explain correct as english is not my native language. Please try this: create a new model. By default, in mode 2, channel 3 is output to throttle. If you go to menu settings and make "Throttle Reverse" to ON, you can see that display is reversed on that channel. And it is like that even if you change the Throttle output channel to any other channel (1 for example).
You are right, this is not so important, but I like to see the channels display working as swashplate moves. I don't like to see swashplate moving upwards (more pitch) as throttle is applied and the 3 channels display not moving to the right (2 for right and one to left or whatever...)
Last edited by almarco; Oct 13, 2012 at 09:39 AM.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 09:51 AM
Indonesia, West Java, Bandung
Joined Aug 2012
46 Posts
hii guys new member here.. can anyone help me ??

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...9#post22985695
zu_adha is offline Find More Posts by zu_adha
Old Oct 13, 2012, 11:05 AM
Joined Jan 2011
416 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by almarco View Post
I know that any channel can be Throttle output. May be I didnīt explain correct as english is not my native language. Please try this: create a new model. By default, in mode 2, channel 3 is output to throttle. If you go to menu settings and make "Throttle Reverse" to ON, you can see that display is reversed on that channel. And it is like that even if you change the Throttle output channel to any other channel (1 for example).
You are right, this is not so important, but I like to see the channels display working as swashplate moves. I don't like to see swashplate moving upwards (more pitch) as throttle is applied and the 3 channels display not moving to the right (2 for right and one to left or whatever...)
You can use a servo reverser, or open the servo and reverse it, then the bar will go the direction you want. But right now the bar is a representation of the signal that the radio is producing.
npre is offline Find More Posts by npre
Old Oct 13, 2012, 11:34 AM
Joined Jul 2009
648 Posts
I believe, amarco's idea is a good idea.

It is really a problems with a plane with aileron and flaps working as aileron, flaps, camber and break when you only look onto the radio, to recognize, if the direction of movement is right or wrong.

It's not so hard to say bar going to the right is right or up and bar going to the left is left or down, but you see, when both are going to the same direction, the flaps are also going to the same direction.

You are right, this modification would allow that the bars show the movement of the servo and not the pulse length. But finally, that is the information I need, when programming a model.

btw, I really programmed the model in eePe so when flaps or ailerons had to go to the same direction the bars did it also and finally only reversed those servos, that ran into the wrong direction.

But if I again download this final model into eePe, I have the same trouble that now some bars seem to run into the wrong direction. When you modify a mix you never can be sure, that the modification moves the flap into the wanted direction.

Reinhard
ReSt is offline Find More Posts by ReSt