HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 26, 2010, 10:28 AM
Joined Jul 2007
2,723 Posts
Discussion
Way,Way OT RC Fire Engines

OK, sorry its OT, but I thought if any group would know, you folks would. Theres a ton of stuff out their for RC boats,cars,planes,heli's, tanks, even construction equipment is well represented. But what about RC Firetrucks? I googled it and ......not much out there. I found three toylike RTR's. Anyone know of a good site, am I missing something here???
Predreadnut is offline Find More Posts by Predreadnut
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 26, 2010, 11:57 AM
Toronto, Canada
Joined Mar 2006
90 Posts
I bought a couple of remote control (controls were wired into the truck) firetruck a while back and cut them up to make working snorkel lifts for a boat I was building. The firetrucks are pretty big scale, so the boat had to be 36 inches long plus. I gave up on this project trying to get the propulsion to work right. The snorkel was fully functional and would need an eight cahnnel radio to get it to work. The boom went up and down, rotated, telesoped and you could get the water cannon to squirt too. One had chrome plating on it the other was gold plating.
tugger is offline Find More Posts by tugger
Old Jun 26, 2010, 01:25 PM
Sea Dragon-Lover
PDX, OR
Joined Dec 2002
10,135 Posts
For more than toylike, go to

http://gardentrucking.com/index.tpl?...70582146281506

You could end up with something like this....

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a88_1262976334

Only in a fire truck..
Umi_Ryuzuki is offline Find More Posts by Umi_Ryuzuki
Old Jun 26, 2010, 07:38 PM
Webmaster, MMCNE
Acton, MA USA
Joined Feb 2000
582 Posts
Wouldn't posting on one of the car forums be a little closer to being on topic?
RCBoater is offline Find More Posts by RCBoater
Old Jun 26, 2010, 08:16 PM
So broke I can't pay attention
Naples FL USA
Joined Mar 2009
489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predreadnut View Post
OK, sorry its OT, but I thought if any group would know, you folks would. Theres a ton of stuff out their for RC boats,cars,planes,heli's, tanks, even construction equipment is well represented. But what about RC Firetrucks? I googled it and ......not much out there. I found three toylike RTR's. Anyone know of a good site, am I missing something here???
The only hobby quality firetrucks I've seen, are scratchbuilt, or put together with various customized parts from truck kits, like this ..
http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/sho...ight=firetruck
caymin last is offline Find More Posts by caymin last
Old Jun 27, 2010, 01:02 AM
Joined Jul 2007
2,723 Posts
Tom, I found most of those also, they're the RTR's I was talking about.
Umi, nice links, but mostly big rigs and construction equip.
RCboater, sorry,your probably right.
caymin last, thanks for the link, that is what I was looking for.

I guess RC fire engines is an area of RC that has yet to be developed much beyond the WalMart RTR stage yet. I noticed that most of the RTR's are from Europe also.
Predreadnut is offline Find More Posts by Predreadnut