HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 03, 2012, 10:08 AM
registered weapon
United States, MT
Joined Mar 2008
3,262 Posts
If you are smiling then all this nonsence has been WELL worth it Katie..
IHAVAWDY is offline Find More Posts by IHAVAWDY
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2012, 01:17 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jul 2011
3,299 Posts
I am. You goofs are doing your job very well.
Lil Stinkpot is offline Find More Posts by Lil Stinkpot
Old Dec 03, 2012, 01:22 PM
It's all fun till Crunch!
InSane Diego
Joined Jan 2002
1,956 Posts
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

We adore compliments.

Now, just what is an M90? Other than a really big firecracker?

Oh, and I hope your walls & windows are as sturdy as the front door, like hows the back door?
Hum, Mr. smarty pants.
Capt. Crunch is offline Find More Posts by Capt. Crunch
Old Dec 03, 2012, 02:19 PM
registered weapon
United States, MT
Joined Mar 2008
3,262 Posts
Your Computer upside down Capt. C? That's a W60, KPV SAID so and he knows, he KNOWS! UPs lives in a BOMB shelter... no windows & only one entrance. One SECRET entrance with like 3 sets of key's and special spy glasses!

* They're right there on the shelf, next to the front door if you're looking for them UP's...
_just trying to help...
Old Dec 03, 2012, 04:34 PM
InSane Diego
Joined Jan 2002
1,956 Posts
All kidding aside, Mr. Ups, I'm sorry you have to live in a bomb shelter, but on a better note I see you're well stocked with delicious wine! Cheers to Bacus..
Old Dec 03, 2012, 04:40 PM
registered weapon
United States, MT
Joined Mar 2008
3,262 Posts
Wha? Do you also have spy glasses Capt?
Old Dec 03, 2012, 04:54 PM
InSane Diego
Joined Jan 2002
1,956 Posts
Right next to the door jamb, nest to the Gun rack Im sure.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 08:25 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2,817 Posts
I got a point!!!

I've never even been to detention in school, and now I have a point for trolling and trying to elicit an emotional response by singling out a single person.

I was in the classifieds Trader Talk and posted asking how does blocking work, as someone whose username includes, in random order, the letters MOE (what a stooge) because I didn't ever want to sell to them.

The entirety of the thread was me seeking info on how the site's own features work, and then I got flagged.
cityevader is offline Find More Posts by cityevader
Last edited by cityevader; Dec 03, 2012 at 09:18 PM.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 08:42 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2,817 Posts
you guys aren't going to report me are you?
Here's the thread that made me want to block "somebody". I will not name names. They are within the thread. (BTW, on Thanksgiving, what were you doing? Not shipping an item?! Curses on your head!!)
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1778699

Synopsis...I paid the day before Thanksgiving, and should have received the item in the mail three days later, period, despite holiday. Sunday goes bye bye, PM'd 5:30 Monday and no response, even though seller on RCG at 11pm!! Egads, the nerve!!!

I love everyone. I love everyone. I love everyone.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:10 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2,817 Posts
Anyhoo...

So Sunday we had a decent storm pass through. If you listened to the media, they'd predicted half the population of SF Bay Area would tragically perish.

In the worst of it (approx 9am) my 2yr old boy and I went out for a walk. Each had PJs on with a hooded raincoat. He had rainboots for splashing, I had regular shoes.
We went around the block (about a half hour's worth of exploring everything that was different in the rain and splashing in puddles. Of particular interest was the 4" drain pipe exiting out a fence (from the other side's shed roof) that had a spigot-like stream of water pouring out of it. He was fascinated with his hands in the arcing water, but kept standing with the stream hitting his boots. I kept pulling him inches away while he kept inching forward. His rubber boots were surely filling up.

1/4 the way round the block I was soaked. He was laughing "water in eye!" and yes, me too!! At the 2/3 mark I was cold. Back at the house, he wanted to play with the bubbles. Is there a trademarked name for bubbles? Dip the circular ring in a container of water/glycerin and blow=trademark?
Anyways, it's very surprising how long a bubble survives in the pouring rain vs a dry day! Rain just goes right through them!
After awhile, I was quite cold and tried to explain the physics regarding the ratio of body mass to surface area, and that if I was cold, he was really cold, so we needed to go inside to warm up...
Goodness, he cried and cried and cried because he wanted to stay out in the rain.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:13 PM
InSane Diego
Joined Jan 2002
1,956 Posts
If this is your first infraction, no big deal.

Pls edit your posts to remove major cussing, this is a family style thread, OK?

Crunch
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:25 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2,817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Crunch View Post
Pls edit your posts to remove major cussing, this is a family style thread, OK?
Wowsers...I'm so sorry!!!! sheepishly deleted

I get incredibly worked up over "injustices" of every kind- big or small- against others or myself, that I tend to explode internally with a sense of impotence. I'm an "after-the-fact-thinker". I only come up with good things to say after an entire day of a confrontation swirling uncontrolled within my head.

I could have changed the course of mankind many times if only I had said "what I'm thinking now 12 hours ago"!
Old Dec 03, 2012, 10:14 PM
InSane Diego
Joined Jan 2002
1,956 Posts
Relax & Thank You
Old Dec 03, 2012, 10:26 PM
Theoretical Modeler..
Joined Oct 2007
2,146 Posts
City- stuff happens.. good, bad, indifferent. Would it have really make that much of a difference if you would have said something else?
Trust me, I completely understand the need to vent. Been there lots of times, and I now have the medical records to prove it. Sometimes its what you don't say that make it what it is and you who you are.
Don't sweat the small stuff. It just ain't worth it..
plane_tech is online now Find More Posts by plane_tech
Old Dec 03, 2012, 10:48 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2,817 Posts
oh Oh OH!!!!

I heard on the radio that Korea (north/south?) has confirmed that unicorns DO EXIST!!
Apparently they found the lair of ONE unicorn that was ridden by ONE ancient king, or something....what was I talking about again?...