Now I can decide what to do.
I did the first wing half with the paint stripper. It took several applications because of all the layers of paint. It was very easy to do: just slop it on, go watch TV, and then go back and scrape off the paint. I was surprised to find out that there was carbon fiber on the wing and the leading edge of the ailerons.
However, this method strips everything off the fiberglass. There were a bazillion (yes, that's a real number) large pinholes and larger air bubbles in the surface of the layup, which had been filled in with all that paint. Whoever built this plane had a lot of air bubbles trapped under the mylar when bagging the wings.
So, on the second wing I used some elbow grease and spent an hour sanding down all the paint. This had the benefit of maintaining a smooth surface that's free of all those pesky pinholes.
Now I have to bondo up the wing half where I used the paint stripper, and get that sanded down, so I'm not sure if there is any labor savings or not.
BTW, removing the paint from just the top of the wings reduced the AUW by 8oz! I still have to strip down the rest of the plane, so I'll be able to make this thing quite a bit lighter if I go easy on the new paint job.