SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 08:25 PM
Arizona
Joined Jan 2006
161 Posts
P2V Neptune

I was wondering if anyone had the Aeromodeller C/L plans for this airplane, or any other C/L of it would be great also. I know that there is already a copy of the Aeromodeller plans here somewhere, but they are a very low resolution copy and as such are very hard to read and get accurate patterns. Thanks in advance for the help.
65stang is offline Find More Posts by 65stang
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:00 AM
Dorset, England
Joined Aug 2005
179 Posts
The recent interest in the Sterling Stearman has triggered off a memory of a commercial kit review from way back so I went through my stash of mags and managed to locate it!

From Radio Modeller of 1968...here is the article and is quite a good read...hopefully it will be of interest to those awaiting to build this lovely model as it also gives brief flying notes at the end of the article as well as some useful construction info.

Regards

BrianG
Bridon is offline Find More Posts by Bridon
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:47 AM
I like real wooden aeroplanes!
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
4,657 Posts
Might be asking for the impossible here, but does anyone have, or know of, a plan for Bob Woollett's 1954 canard "Gander". All I have is a picture (photo 1) of the original in the December '54 Aeromodeller "Model News" BUT I guess there must have been a plan in existence at some time as the second picture was taken at the 1987 "Golden Era" meeting at Old Warden and shows Les Hoy with a replica.

Reason? I have high wings, low wings, shoulder wings, biplanes, a triplane - but no canard - in my electric R/C model collection, and would love to try to create a Gander so powered and controlled
Sundancer is offline Find More Posts by Sundancer
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 13, 2013, 06:15 AM
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Dec 2012
1,218 Posts
Rescued Plans

Gentlemen,

Recently, I rescued approximately 40 sets of plans from being tossed by the new owner of the hobby shop I frequent, with the thought of scanning and posting them here. Unfortunately, none of them are pre '63. Some are still in kit production. However, most are early 70's vintage.

I've contacted several of you through PM's, asking for advice as to what to do with them. It was suggested that I try to sell them individually since some of them may have significant value to collectors. I have no way of determining that, and, to be frank, I'm not going to take the time to research them.

Selling them was never my goal.....still isn't. My goal is to share these plans with you guys, because several of you have been kind enough and patient enough to share your knowledge and expertise with me, since I've been away from the hobby for close to 40 years. I'm posting this here first for that very reason.

If any of you are interested, please send me a PM and we'll figure something out.

Here's the index

Calm winds,

O_P
Old_Pilot is offline Find More Posts by Old_Pilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Jetstream Flights
Old Feb 13, 2013, 06:21 AM
Joined Dec 2012
1,218 Posts
Rescued Plans

One other thing, I'm keeping the gliders......they're my love
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 13, 2013, 07:46 AM
AMA 8711, FCC K4WZA
Salem, SC
Joined Mar 2003
518 Posts
Rescued Plans

Some very nice plans there, O_P. The 72" Fairchild PT-19 by Hollinger caught my eye because I've lusted after it since it was published in Aug. 1956 Air Trails mag. Jetco kitted it a couple years later for then outrageous $24.95.

I didn't know SIG ever kitted it. I guess they must've taken it over from Jetco, like they did for many of the bankrupted Berkeley designs (via Fox). I'll have to go back thru my old magazines looking for SIG ads.

Last year a friend gave me an original Jetco PT-19 kit, but I saved the kit and built one from scratch plus some modernization. Flies wonderfully on an OS FS-48S!

-Dave Plumpe
DPlumpe is offline Find More Posts by DPlumpe
Old Feb 13, 2013, 09:27 AM
CV-15 VB-16
USA, TX, Friendswood
Joined Jul 2007
1,376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Pilot View Post
Gentlemen,

Recently, I rescued approximately 40 sets of plans from being tossed by the new owner of the hobby shop I frequent, with the thought of scanning and posting them here. Unfortunately, none of them are pre '63. Some are still in kit production. However, most are early 70's vintage.

I've contacted several of you through PM's, asking for advice as to what to do with them. It was suggested that I try to sell them individually since some of them may have significant value to collectors. I have no way of determining that, and, to be frank, I'm not going to take the time to research them.

Selling them was never my goal.....still isn't. My goal is to share these plans with you guys, because several of you have been kind enough and patient enough to share your knowledge and expertise with me, since I've been away from the hobby for close to 40 years. I'm posting this here first for that very reason.

If any of you are interested, please send me a PM and we'll figure something out.

Here's the index

Calm winds,

O_P
You can post them on the Vintage & Old-Timer Plans Pre 1977 thread, provided they're old enough. I would think that most of the people following this thread are subscribed there as well.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1638419

g
giuseppi is online now Find More Posts by giuseppi
Old Feb 13, 2013, 09:48 AM
So I'M meant to be in control?
Ilkley, West Yorkshire, UK
Joined Nov 2008
3,551 Posts
...and why not put them on Outerzone?
Colonel Blink is offline Find More Posts by Colonel Blink
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:17 AM
Joined Dec 2012
1,218 Posts
Rescued Plans

Quote:
Originally Posted by giuseppi View Post
You can post them on the Vintage & Old-Timer Plans Pre 1977 thread, provided they're old enough. I would think that most of the people following this thread are subscribed there as well.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1638419

g
the biggest problem is scanning......most of the sheets are 36" by a mile and half.
I may have access to a wide bed scanner, but don't know yet.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 13, 2013, 02:43 PM
United Kingdom, Tonbridge
Joined Oct 2011
190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65stang View Post
I was wondering if anyone had the Aeromodeller C/L plans for this airplane, or any other C/L of it would be great also. I know that there is already a copy of the Aeromodeller plans here somewhere, but they are a very low resolution copy and as such are very hard to read and get accurate patterns. Thanks in advance for the help.
April 1961 Aeromodeller, design by Maurice Bodey who created and published a number of multi-engined control liners. If you decide to build from my tracing please measure twice before cutting and let me know of any errors so I can correct them.
Al
hogal is offline Find More Posts by hogal
Old Feb 13, 2013, 06:28 PM
Oldrndrt RCav8r
United States, OK, Ardmore
Joined May 2009
55 Posts
Plans List

Quote:
Gentlemen,

Here's the index

Calm winds,

O_P
O-P,

PM sent...thanks for the list.

Have a Blessed Day!
George
georgewaldrop is offline Find More Posts by georgewaldrop
Old Feb 14, 2013, 12:19 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7 Posts
Thanks for sharing your plans everyone who has contributed.
FreeFlite57 is offline Find More Posts by FreeFlite57
Last edited by FreeFlite57; Feb 14, 2013 at 12:29 AM.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 06:13 AM
Joined Dec 2012
1,218 Posts
Rescued Plans - Revised list 021412

Gentlemen,

Thank you for such a spirited response......

Here's the revised list ......those in Red have been spoken for
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 14, 2013, 04:08 PM
Joined Dec 2012
1,218 Posts
Rescued Plans going fast......revised as of this afternoon

Quote:
Gentlemen,

As of this afternoon.......

Here's the re-revised list ......those in Red have been spoken for
Thank you all for helping me rescue these "girls".

O_P
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 15, 2013, 07:41 AM
Joined Dec 2012
1,218 Posts
Rescued Plans - What's Left as of 021512

Gentlemen,

Here's what's left as of this morning........
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Old_Pilot; Feb 15, 2013 at 07:49 AM. Reason: I forgot the list.....see next post