HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:44 AM
Power Upward
United States, OR, Albany
Joined Jun 2007
1,371 Posts
My slip sticks are in a box, so as not to collect dust. Maybe one day it might be an antique and worth more than it originally cost.

George
GeorgeG97322 is offline Find More Posts by GeorgeG97322
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:05 PM
High Exalted Poohbah
Atlanta, GA USA
Joined Sep 2001
1,884 Posts
zzz
planeman is offline Find More Posts by planeman
Last edited by planeman; Jan 31, 2013 at 10:40 AM.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:30 PM
WMD
Bradford, UK
Joined Jan 2010
1,244 Posts
The second part of the Stearman printwood has just arrived.

MikeB said: "Here are the scans of the final sheets. I had to cut them to go through the scanner but if you look closely I numbered them to help them go back together. I hope they are helpful and look forward to the final result"

Here is a rough thumbnail, showing 8 pages.. As before I've uploaded the PDF to the holding bay at: http://www.outerzone.co.uk/advanced/..._bay/index.asp for anyone who wants to grab this and have a go working on it.

Its the file called printwood_02.pdf
WMD is online now Find More Posts by WMD
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:44 PM
WMD
Bradford, UK
Joined Jan 2010
1,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by planeman View Post
If you have always wanted to try Photoshop and couldn't afford it, Adobe makes it easy. Take a look at these two videos on You Tube and...
There are so many things wrong with this, I don't know where to start.
WMD is online now Find More Posts by WMD
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:32 PM
High Exalted Poohbah
Atlanta, GA USA
Joined Sep 2001
1,884 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
There are so many things wrong with this, I don't know where to start.
Well, start somewhere.

Planeman
planeman is offline Find More Posts by planeman
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:00 PM
martinsville indiana
Joined Dec 2007
531 Posts
it need to be remove before rcgroups close this thread
thechannelmast is offline Find More Posts by thechannelmast
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:49 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
17,100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by planeman View Post
Well, start somewhere.

Planeman
Might be considered to break this rule:

Quote:
Posted content contains copyrighted material and the poster does not have a license for distribution, or the post encourages or provides access in some way to pirated material. Note that it is considered copyright infringement to quote extensively from a published work, including articles published online. Please provide a link to such works rather than a quote.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/wlist.php
pmackenzie is offline Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:23 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Jul 2004
2,103 Posts
I think my first slide rule cost about $6.00 in 1960. Needed it for Algebra in High School. My second one in 1962 was bought for college. Big old Post, maybe 28 scales, made of laminated Bamboo, cost about $14.95, or almost 11 hours pay at the job I was working. At the rate of pay I had when I retired, that 11 hours pay would have let me buy a low end laptop. Roughly equivalent to the technology levels.
Primitive, maybe, but most of our aircraft, most of our electroncs, and a large chunk of the space program were developed using them.
Just thought of it. The laptop would need a nice costly software suite to do what that slide rule could do rioght out of the box.
50+AirYears is offline Find More Posts by 50+AirYears
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:51 PM
Hatters gonna hat.
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Apr 2011
359 Posts
Gimp is often referred to as "poor man's photoshop." I have used it quite a bit and it is pretty powerful. Best of all, its free! There are a ton of tutorials for it on the net as well. It may not be quite as powerful as photoshop, but a zero cost product gets you 90% of the way there. How can you go wrong? Definitly give it a shot if you are looking at getting into some of the higher end graphics editing software.
madbomber is offline Find More Posts by madbomber
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:27 AM
Ashford. Kent. England
Joined Feb 2005
7,021 Posts
planeman... usefull info ... but its best to remove the videos before the forum jumps on you... anything to do with piracy can give the forum problems, so it must not be posted....been there done it..with a dongle link...p.m. me for info... always best just to give a hint as to what and where such videos can be found...
davereap is online now Find More Posts by davereap
Last edited by davereap; Jan 31, 2013 at 03:33 AM.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:59 AM
OCD: Old, Cranky and Disgusted
United States, TX, Sweetwater
Joined Mar 2005
1,618 Posts
You're kidding, right? I still keep mine handy, in the event my pocket calculator dies while calculating a cement job. My slipstick has save my
bacon more than once, and boy! Does it attract attention when I drag it
out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeG97322 View Post
My slip sticks are in a box, so as not to collect dust. Maybe one day it might be an antique and worth more than it originally cost.

George
challenger_i is offline Find More Posts by challenger_i
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:47 AM
Australia, NSW, Lane Cove West
Joined Jul 2008
266 Posts
An Observation

Just a bit of food for though and more of an observation than anything.
When this thread first started there were masses of plans posted and little by way of discussion which lasted for a good 3-400 pages.
Multiple plans per post was the norm with a lot less in the way of the discussion that we see over the last couple of hundred pages.
These days it seems 80-90% of the thread content is discussion and the new plans that are posted count for maybe only one or two per page on average!

Come on guys, dust off those magazine and give the scanner glass a clean and start posting some plans
raglafart is offline Find More Posts by raglafart
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:48 AM
Sticks, Tissue & old Diesels
France, Centre, Amboise
Joined Nov 2011
1,717 Posts
Rags, that's a good point...
I have quite a few that I would like to post (from magazines).
However, maybe I need some advice (not to mention treatment!).
In the past, I've made a couple of 600 dpi scans for Steve, and the result, each time, was a file of around 30 mega, far too big for posting.
To aggravate the problem, I have a fairly poor Internet and it thus takes a long time to upload onto "Dropbox", which is the only way I can transfer the file.
Finally, I only have a basic Epson A4 printer to scan with.
I welcome any polite suggestions!
brokenenglish is offline Find More Posts by brokenenglish
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:05 PM
Model Designer
United Kingdom, England, Burnley
Joined Apr 2001
5,501 Posts
Hello all,

Among my many, many folders of model-related 'stuff' in 6 computers, I have .pdf copies of all the Sterling kit plans from E1 to E15...
...except E8 - the small (~32") span Stinson Reliant SR-8 Gull Wing.

I have a serious affection for that particular Stinson type - and have been looking for a kit on 'the bay' for YEARS.
Well - as of today - I have one... I clicked the 'Buy Now' button

Assuming that the box arrives here OK from New York (!)... I shall be scanning everything that will go into my scanner !

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STERLING-S...p2047675.l2557

A link above so that those who are interested can see just how nice it is - at least until the advert disappears.

The advert says that the kit is about 30 years old.
Does anyone know exactly when this kit was produced ?
I am SURE that it is advertised in my 1976 RIPMAX catalogue, which is missing at the moment, as I've forgotten where I put it...

Keven.
keven64 is offline Find More Posts by keven64
Last edited by keven64; Feb 01, 2013 at 12:15 PM. Reason: grammar
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:33 PM
Reduce the drama...
USA, OR, Damascus
Joined Apr 2004
4,044 Posts
Kevin
There may be a date or dates on the plan.
Kit FS20 (Stearman) has this:
rick.benjamin is offline Find More Posts by rick.benjamin