HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 07:32 PM
UMs & parkflyers... for now.
United States, VA, Herndon
Joined Apr 2012
2,962 Posts
Once the plans become available, perhaps this time next year, I propose we consider a "Lutman Design Build Contest", with participants making a RC conversion of one of the plans similar to the FF to RC Contest currently ongoing in the "Balsa Builders" forum. The build logs and photos of 15 to 20 planes would be a fitting legacy to the Lutman Family. Perhaps Charles would consider autographing a photo of his grandfather's Flying Machine, as a prize.
davidterrell80 is offline Find More Posts by davidterrell80
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 17, 2012, 07:47 PM
Ajax, Ontario, Canada
Joined Oct 2004
2,590 Posts
What's wrong with genuine F/F versions being included ?
Applehoney is offline Find More Posts by Applehoney
Old Dec 17, 2012, 08:47 PM
UMs & parkflyers... for now.
United States, VA, Herndon
Joined Apr 2012
2,962 Posts
Not a thing.... I'm just focused on RC at the present... and my bias sneakily entered my thinking.
davidterrell80 is offline Find More Posts by davidterrell80
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 18, 2012, 07:40 AM
Joined Dec 2012
2 Posts
Thanks for all the designs available

I have to work for two hundred years!

Hi

Bi-done
bi done is offline Find More Posts by bi done
Old Dec 18, 2012, 03:47 PM
Northumberland, England
Joined Jan 2007
640 Posts
I have a copy of the MS Wasp or Hornet plan (can't remember which but it's the biplane). I've had it a few years but haven't got around to building. It's a lovely looking design that would be relatively involved to build for such a small model. The plan shows more "scale" detail than many larger true scale models.

BTW Charles I'm a member of Tranwell club which I'm sure you will be well aware of.
patmcc is online now Find More Posts by patmcc
Old Dec 18, 2012, 06:02 PM
Joined Oct 2012
7 Posts
Outerzone?

Anybody know what happened to Outerzone and VinPlanDex?

Stan
shuyge is offline Find More Posts by shuyge
Old Dec 18, 2012, 06:20 PM
Balsa breaks better
Buchanan Mi
Joined Apr 2005
2,135 Posts
http://www.outerzone.co.uk/

Works fine for me . . . .

Joe
Thermaler is offline Find More Posts by Thermaler
Old Dec 18, 2012, 08:13 PM
USA, WA, Ellensburg
Joined Mar 2004
206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shuyge View Post
Anybody know what happened to Outerzone and VinPlanDex?

Stan
http://www.outerzone.co.uk/vinplandex/
Still works for me and I still input plans posted here but that has been pretty slow for a while.

The link from the main page is about 2/3 of the way down the
page and takes some scrolling but Vinplandex is still there.
Mooney_Driver is offline Find More Posts by Mooney_Driver
Old Dec 18, 2012, 09:19 PM
USA, PA, Westmoreland Co.
Joined Aug 2008
1,341 Posts
MAN Dec 1942 Schweizer TG-2

Here are some scans I took from the December 1942 issue of Model Airplane News. In it they had a nice article and set of drawings for a Schweizer TG-2 Training glider, by Earl Stahl. Page format is 8.5"x11.5", the drawing was printed as sfull sized in the magazine. Since I had to reduce my scans considerable (huge file sizes), I'm not sure yet how much these would need to scale up, but then it might be nicer to have a model with a span bigger than just 29" or so. The article didn't mention anything about the gliders dimensions.
Maybe one of the pros here can join the plates together to create a seamless plan? A 175% enlargement (to 50" or so) might be nice.
I've also scanned the article - but I lost the last page - 4 - while resizing (which had a few paragraphs about flying and launching with a rubber powered towplane). I will rescan that page and include it here later.
There was another nice model in this issue called the "Flying Yankee" by Sal Taibi. It is a pylon wing mount type model - mostly I'm not fond of these types of models but this one looks like a nice design and I will also post these later. I never thought it woudl be such an ordeal scanning and editing the pages. I need to find a better way to do this, as I've got a few older magazines I want to scan and save.
jonquinn is offline Find More Posts by jonquinn
Old Dec 19, 2012, 02:52 AM
Tampere, Finland
Joined Nov 2004
4,279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermaler View Post

Works fine for me . . . .
Outerzone sometimes seems to get congested. I suppose Steve (WMD) doesn't have unlimited funds to buy unlimited bandwidth

If you cannot get through, try again later.
perttime is offline Find More Posts by perttime
Old Dec 19, 2012, 04:00 AM
Joined Aug 2009
3 Posts
hello friends,

I've done this research here, but I start again
I search the Svenson Channy plan, my first remote control airplane.

Thank you!
Frédéric
Fredmaix is offline Find More Posts by Fredmaix
Old Dec 19, 2012, 05:03 AM
WMD
Bradford, UK
Joined Jan 2010
1,202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by perttime View Post
Outerzone sometimes seems to get congested. I suppose Steve (WMD) doesn't have unlimited funds to buy unlimited bandwidth

If you cannot get through, try again later.
Morning, chaps. Er, yes I am indeed still here. We are still here. And adding plans daily, as they come along. What was it Mark Twain said? ...the reports of my death have been geatly exaggerated
WMD is online now Find More Posts by WMD
Old Dec 19, 2012, 11:08 AM
Colorado Springs, CO
Joined Mar 2008
105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonquinn View Post
Here are some scans I took from the December 1942 issue of Model Airplane News. In it they had a nice article and set of drawings for a Schweizer TG-2 Training glider, by Earl Stahl. Page format is 8.5"x11.5", the drawing was printed as sfull sized in the magazine. Since I had to reduce my scans considerable (huge file sizes), I'm not sure yet how much these would need to scale up, but then it might be nicer to have a model with a span bigger than just 29" or so. The article didn't mention anything about the gliders dimensions.
Maybe one of the pros here can join the plates together to create a seamless plan? A 175% enlargement (to 50" or so) might be nice.
I've also scanned the article - but I lost the last page - 4 - while resizing (which had a few paragraphs about flying and launching with a rubber powered towplane). I will rescan that page and include it here later.
There was another nice model in this issue called the "Flying Yankee" by Sal Taibi. It is a pylon wing mount type model - mostly I'm not fond of these types of models but this one looks like a nice design and I will also post these later. I never thought it woudl be such an ordeal scanning and editing the pages. I need to find a better way to do this, as I've got a few older magazines I want to scan and save.
Your every wish is my command!
Attached is the Stahl plan enlarged to 52 inch wingspan. At 52 inches, you will have to do a bit of engineering to make it strong enough.
Ka-6BR is offline Find More Posts by Ka-6BR
Old Dec 19, 2012, 07:56 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
16,811 Posts
For those interested in a scaled up Stahl TG-2:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=449413

And the short kit (kind of expensive )
http://www.gliderworkshop.com/kit-li...2/lns-1-kit-s/

Pat MacKenzie
pmackenzie is offline Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Dec 23, 2012, 12:22 AM
Napa, CA
Joined May 2007
637 Posts
Does anyone happen to have a scan of a Civy Boy 24, 31 or 36? Any one of them would do.
I've got the 74" version but want to build a small one.
tri-pacer is offline Find More Posts by tri-pacer