SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:03 PM
Sir Jasper
Christchurch - New Zealand
Joined Jan 2003
789 Posts
Aeronca52 use this link which is via Google translation
http://translate.google.co.nz/transl...p.html&act=url
Mark
zl3vml is offline Find More Posts by zl3vml
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:39 PM
USA, Mt, Billings
Joined Mar 2009
332 Posts
Does anyone have a plan that shows a plane with a single fuselage but twin vertical stabs with working rudders? This would be a plane like an Ercoupe or a Miles M.28 Mercury...hell, even something not scale but showing dual rudder actuation. Whether ot or OT, need some help here.

NOTE: a P-38 or other twin-boom fuselage doesn't help here, the key is single "boom" back but twin rudders.

Many thanks in advance for any help! Got a stalled project here that I'd REALLY like to get going.

Scottrik
NOISY MUSE is offline Find More Posts by NOISY MUSE
Old Dec 12, 2012, 11:03 PM
Mexia Izonfia
Monticello, MN
Joined Oct 2003
891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOISY MUSE View Post
Does anyone have a plan that shows a plane with a single fuselage but twin vertical stabs with working rudders? This would be a plane like an Ercoupe or a Miles M.28 Mercury...hell, even something not scale but showing dual rudder actuation. Whether ot or OT, need some help here.

NOTE: a P-38 or other twin-boom fuselage doesn't help here, the key is single "boom" back but twin rudders.

Many thanks in advance for any help! Got a stalled project here that I'd REALLY like to get going.

Scottrik
Check out this thread:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1759579
MetroGTi is offline Find More Posts by MetroGTi
Old Dec 12, 2012, 11:09 PM
High Exalted Poohbah
Atlanta, GA USA
Joined Sep 2001
1,884 Posts
Here is an unusual one, the Jones S-125, a 20" span scale rubber model from Flying Aces magazine. The plans were cut up and placed on multiple pages of the magazine. I assembled them and copied and flipped the half top view with half a stabilizer to make a full top view and a complete stabilizer. I also added the photo.

Planeman
planeman is offline Find More Posts by planeman
Old Dec 12, 2012, 11:29 PM
UMs & parkflyers... for now.
United States, VA, Herndon
Joined Apr 2012
3,002 Posts
To access the back issues on edimodel.it ... From the toolbar, choose download, then documentazione.

I opened the PDF files in Adobe Acrobat, and used the OCR function (set to Italian) to extract the text from the scanned images and re-save them. Then, I can copy/paste sections of text into the Google Translate function.
davidterrell80 is offline Find More Posts by davidterrell80
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 12, 2012, 11:37 PM
USA, Mt, Billings
Joined Mar 2009
332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroGTi View Post
Thanks much, Metro. That is kind of how I'd envisioned this but I was REALLY hoping not to hang big ol' horns off the outside of the rudders. May be doomed to that though.

Anybody else know how this can be done?
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:53 AM
So I'M meant to be in control?
Ilkley, West Yorkshire, UK
Joined Nov 2008
3,739 Posts
I've been thinking about this issue on a Vintage conversion. What I may try might work on a lightweight, but possibly not on anything else that has any sort of control forces. Until I find a better idea, my plan is to have a single servo in the centre of the stab, and have both rudders sprung to move outward (in my case, this will be a simple rubber band from fin to a hook on the outboard side of the rudder), Then the single servo output arm will be attached to the inboard of both rudders by carbon fibre rod. Hence when the rudders move, the forces should be balanced, as one rudder is working against the spring (rubber band) tension, and one with. For a less visible system, it may be possible to adapt this system to bury the servo & pushrod in the stab, and use leaf springs for the spring loading? Just idle thoughts....
Colonel Blink is offline Find More Posts by Colonel Blink
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:07 AM
Joined Oct 2011
10 Posts
Noisy Muse,

Dual rudder single fuselage

The Schlepp 3605 in this thread:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1292378

Geoff
DHfan is offline Find More Posts by DHfan
Old Dec 13, 2012, 03:45 AM
I like real wooden aeroplanes!
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
4,985 Posts
Quote:

Scottrik
There are lots of ways, look at Tomahawks build thread for his Plecan Falcon for one. However, the neatest and simplest solution I have seen you will find in detail on Page 8 of this publication: http://www.antiquemodeler.org/sam_ne...sets/dt162.pdf

It's definitely the one I would use.
Sundancer is offline Find More Posts by Sundancer
Last edited by Sundancer; Dec 13, 2012 at 04:09 AM.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 03:55 AM
Sticks, Tissue & old Diesels
France, Centre, Amboise
Joined Nov 2011
1,711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer View Post
There are lots of ways, look at Tomahawks build thread for his Plecan Falcon for one. However, the neatest and simplest solution I have seen you will find in detail on Page 8 of this publication: http://www.antiquemodeler.org/sam_ne...sets/dt162.pdf

George, the link didn't work for me, could you kindly check please...
Brian
brokenenglish is offline Find More Posts by brokenenglish
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 13, 2012, 04:10 AM
I like real wooden aeroplanes!
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
4,985 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenenglish View Post
George, the link didn't work for me, could you kindly check please...
Brian
Try it now Brian. Don't know why it didn't work before, it is exactly the same???
Sundancer is offline Find More Posts by Sundancer
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:25 AM
USA, Mt, Billings
Joined Mar 2009
332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHfan View Post
Noisy Muse,

Dual rudder single fuselage

The Schlepp 3605 in this thread:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1292378

Geoff
Many thanks, but does not appear to have functioning rudders. That's the problem I'm facing wth the kit I'm building. Truly, thanks though.

Scottrik
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:25 AM
USA, Mt, Billings
Joined Mar 2009
332 Posts
Quote:

THAT looks like it may be a winner. I'll take a closer look at it!
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:29 AM
Joined Sep 2011
14 Posts
Quote:
Does anyone have a plan that shows a plane with a single fuselage but twin vertical stabs with working rudders?
Scottrik
NO plan, but here is a photo. You can see a bowdens to both rudders in elevator. Just insert smaller diameter wire in it, because origilal vire will rub.
janyx is offline Find More Posts by janyx
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:25 AM
CV-15 VB-16
USA, TX, Friendswood
Joined Jul 2007
1,385 Posts
Quote:

That's the most elegant way to do it that I've seen. The elevator hinges serving as push rod guides...ingenious.

g
giuseppi is offline Find More Posts by giuseppi