HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 09, 2012, 03:31 PM
Registered User
Colorado Springs, CO
Joined Mar 2008
105 Posts
DFS Olympia

At the above mentioned Czech site (http://www.sam78.cz/apr_list/index.php) is the DFS Olympia glider.

I cleaned up the file a bit, and for the second attached file enlarged it to the wingspan noted in the title block (1192 mm). For Mother England and some of us wild colonials, that is 46.93 inches. The enlarged plan is 24.4" x 37.1".

If you want this plan enlarged to a different wingspan or in a different file format, send a PM.

Enjoy!
Ka-6BR is offline Find More Posts by Ka-6BR
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:53 AM
Registered User
Edimodel's Avatar
Italy, Lazio, Poggio Mirteto
Joined Apr 2012
33 Posts
Here is an italian glider of 1947 by Ercole Arseni. The plan was sold by the "Aeromodelli" model shop in Rome. 150 cm of wingspan.
Edimodel is offline Find More Posts by Edimodel
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:03 PM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2007
1,061 Posts
Nice glider.

I'll save that one.
bogbeagle is offline Find More Posts by bogbeagle
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:49 PM
Gaftopher
Gary Mortimer's Avatar
Nottingham Road South Africa/Bedford UK
Joined Feb 2007
3,829 Posts
Very nice glider Edimodel +1 on the saved part.
Gary Mortimer is offline Find More Posts by Gary Mortimer
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 03:18 PM
Registered User
Edimodel's Avatar
Italy, Lazio, Poggio Mirteto
Joined Apr 2012
33 Posts
If you want to have a look to and download some more plans (not only OT), you can go on our website:

http://www.edimodel.it/download/disegni.html

We are also uploading all the 72 issues of the first edition of our magazine (from 1945 to 1956):

http://www.edimodel.it/102-modrep.html

At the moment, the first fourteen issues are freely downloadable. More are coming soon.
Edimodel is offline Find More Posts by Edimodel
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 03:34 PM
Just Me
United States, OR, Salem
Joined Apr 2006
833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edimodel View Post
If you want to have a look to and download some more plans (not only OT), you can go on our website:

http://www.edimodel.it/download/disegni.html

We are also uploading all the 72 issues of the first edition of our magazine (from 1945 to 1956):

http://www.edimodel.it/102-modrep.html

At the moment, the first fourteen issues are freely downloadable. More are coming soon.
Very nice Canard right on top....got it dl'd. Wish I could understand the language but plan is more than adequate to build with....nice...and thank you...
Brner is offline Find More Posts by Brner
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 03:49 PM
Registered User
Edimodel's Avatar
Italy, Lazio, Poggio Mirteto
Joined Apr 2012
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brner View Post
Very nice Canard right on top....got it dl'd. Wish I could understand the language but plan is more than adequate to build with....nice...and thank you...
You're welcome!
The Aclis is a very good slope canard. Just in case, regarding the funny shape of the fuselage formers, on left side you have the section of a fiberglass fuse laminated around a polystirene plug, while the right side is the section of a traditional built-up fuse.
Edimodel is offline Find More Posts by Edimodel
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 04:56 PM
Gaftopher
Gary Mortimer's Avatar
Nottingham Road South Africa/Bedford UK
Joined Feb 2007
3,829 Posts
Oh my word Edimodel what wonderful clear plans thanks so much!
Gary Mortimer is offline Find More Posts by Gary Mortimer
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 06:14 PM
Just Me
United States, OR, Salem
Joined Apr 2006
833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edimodel View Post
.....regarding the funny shape of the fuselage formers, on left side you have the section of a fiberglass fuse laminated around a polystirene plug, while the right side is the section of a traditional built-up fuse.
I did catch that on the fuselage formers. Wasn't sure why but thanks for the clarification. Beautiful plane and I've been getting it over into my cad program. Playing with idea of hanging an electric motor on it and a set of wheels. Even with these add-ons it looks great. I also ran the dimensions through my canard CG calculator and what's shown on the plan is spot on.

Thanks again,

Don
Brner is offline Find More Posts by Brner
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 04:48 AM
Registered User
Edimodel's Avatar
Italy, Lazio, Poggio Mirteto
Joined Apr 2012
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brner View Post
I did catch that on the fuselage formers. Wasn't sure why but thanks for the clarification. Beautiful plane and I've been getting it over into my cad program. Playing with idea of hanging an electric motor on it and a set of wheels. Even with these add-ons it looks great. I also ran the dimensions through my canard CG calculator and what's shown on the plan is spot on.

Thanks again,

Don
Very nice idea! Keep us informed.
Edimodel is offline Find More Posts by Edimodel
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 07:07 AM
UMs & parkflyers... for now.
davidterrell80's Avatar
United States, VA, Herndon
Joined Apr 2012
2,920 Posts
Edimodel, I'm browsing the reprints of your magazine, now. Thank you very much for sharing them. There are so many wonderful plans in them. I'm using your English-Italian modeling dictionary and Google Translate to great advantage.

Sono molto grato.

David
davidterrell80 is offline Find More Posts by davidterrell80
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 12, 2012, 07:44 AM
Registered User
Edimodel's Avatar
Italy, Lazio, Poggio Mirteto
Joined Apr 2012
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidterrell80 View Post
Edimodel, I'm browsing the reprints of your magazine, now. Thank you very much for sharing them. There are so many wonderful plans in them. I'm using your English-Italian modeling dictionary and Google Translate to great advantage.

Sono molto grato.

David
I'm glad you like it David. By the way my name is Cesare (just like Brutus dad...) and when those magazines were printed I wasn't on this earth (I was born in 1954). Anyway Modellismo was a very innovative publication and the first "real" model magazine in Italy. In fact, during the thirties and up to 1944, the only magazine was "L'Aquilone" (The Kite) which also covered aeromodelling, but it was mainly an aeronautical propaganda mill for the youth and a brainchild of the fascist ministry of aviation and world famous pilot Italo Balbo.

Cesare
Edimodel is offline Find More Posts by Edimodel
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 02:42 PM
Registered User
Spain, CM, Toledo
Joined Oct 2011
26 Posts
Thank you very much for sharing this fine documentation.
Regards from Spain.
Fergonzalez is offline Find More Posts by Fergonzalez
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 06:16 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2012
1 Posts
Hello, Scott..? I just registered, so am a total newbie... I came to the site while looking for plans / pictures / anything on the Graupner C/L kit models of 1957-59, the Ultra Stunter and (I think) the Super Stunter, this second name may be incorrect. I have some stuff on the Ultra Stunter but anything else is welcome please. The models look similar to each other but one is for a larger engine.. I think. They are great performers. Thank you from Peter.
Tableracer 2011 is offline Find More Posts by Tableracer 2011
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 08:28 PM
Culper Junior
eastern pa
Joined Feb 2007
2,200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidterrell80 View Post
Edimodel, I'm browsing the reprints of your magazine, now. Thank you very much for sharing them. There are so many wonderful plans in them. I'm using your English-Italian modeling dictionary and Google Translate to great advantage.

Sono molto grato.

David
I'm not sure how to translate Italian/English. Just what do you click on to view the older issues?
aeronca52 is offline Find More Posts by aeronca52
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gallery Vintage & Old-Timer Plans built gallery orange&white Vintage & Old-Timer Designs 427 Aug 06, 2014 04:20 AM
Discussion Best source for Vintage/Old Timer plans? river-studio Vintage & Old-Timer Designs 18 Nov 09, 2012 07:56 AM
For Sale Old timer Sal Taibi plans Biper/Piper Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Aug 15, 2011 09:30 AM