HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 01:39 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Jul 2004
2,103 Posts
Before I upload what is probably the last of my plans and articles that fit the pre-1960 cut-off date, I'd just like to mentiion a little blurb from the Dec Model Aviation about the late Bill Northrup indicates that his wife, Anita, is still sellling all the former Model Builder plans. She can be reached at 702-869-2162 from 1 to 5 PM PST.
Heres the offerings I have.
I thought that even though the ad repro from a SAM Speaks, the old 1959 MAN article about electric FF, probbly the first Electric that I read about that didn't use a tether to a power cord might have some interest to somebody out there.
50+AirYears is offline Find More Posts by 50+AirYears
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 25, 2012, 07:32 AM
Brooklynite In Texas
Manor, TX. USA,
Joined Jul 2008
580 Posts
GIUSEPPI

these are a nice plan and similiar, but not what I am looking for. The one I seek is cleveland plan set E-22
WITH A GULL WING but thanks for your efforts.
donnyman is offline Find More Posts by donnyman
Old Nov 25, 2012, 12:35 PM
CV-15 VB-16
USA, TX, Friendswood
Joined Jul 2007
1,378 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnyman View Post
GIUSEPPI

these are a nice plan and similiar, but not what I am looking for. The one I seek is cleveland plan set E-22
WITH A GULL WING but thanks for your efforts.
OK. And you don't have to SHOUT!

g
giuseppi is offline Find More Posts by giuseppi
Old Nov 25, 2012, 01:53 PM
Brooklynite In Texas
Manor, TX. USA,
Joined Jul 2008
580 Posts
guiseppi

I did not intend to shout! what you saw was plain old typing error None the less please accept my apology. Please!!

Donny
donnyman is offline Find More Posts by donnyman
Old Nov 25, 2012, 02:18 PM
WMD
Bradford, UK
Joined Jan 2010
1,196 Posts
Re the Vic Smeed glider Golden Wings, as requested I did in the end get a couple of versions arrive at 600dpi both arrived together - thanks to GeeW and RogerClark - so here now is the result as a full-size pdf. It still has hatched lines in the background, so it is a bit hard to read and will waste a lot of ink when printed. To be honest I would go with Hogal's frankly better CAD version, if I was about to start building this one.
WMD is online now Find More Posts by WMD
Old Nov 25, 2012, 02:34 PM
Culper Junior
eastern pa
Joined Feb 2007
2,223 Posts
50+,
Thanks for the info about Anita Northrup and the MB plans. I have bought several and wanted several more. Now might be the time to act.
aeronca52 is offline Find More Posts by aeronca52
Old Nov 25, 2012, 03:07 PM
CV-15 VB-16
USA, TX, Friendswood
Joined Jul 2007
1,378 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnyman View Post
guiseppi

I did not intend to shout! what you saw was plain old typing error None the less please accept my apology. Please!!

Donny
All good, Donny.

g
giuseppi is offline Find More Posts by giuseppi
Old Nov 25, 2012, 03:14 PM
The original Flying Pigs Sqd.
Netanya, Israel
Joined Aug 2002
10,030 Posts
Has anybody built the Wolf (posted in post #9197)?
Up&Away is offline Find More Posts by Up&Away
Old Nov 26, 2012, 02:51 PM
Joined Jul 2012
15 Posts
Wow! The 18.5 inch span Tri-pacer by Berkeley Models shown back on pg 9 of this string was the very first model airplane I made back in 1958! Thanks so much for posting it. Much Nostalga! I still have the Pee Wee motor.
Dave WB is offline Find More Posts by Dave WB
Last edited by Dave WB; Nov 26, 2012 at 02:57 PM.
Old Dec 01, 2012, 08:42 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Apr 2012
21 Posts
HELP, HELP,HELP.
This my second call for help for the following plan. Been wanting to build this model for years.
After trying for many years I just managed to get hold of a side-port Micron- Meteore 0.9cc diesel.
Does anyone out there in "planland" have a full-size plan of "LE METEOR" that they can post so that it can be downloaded and printed???????
This was a free-flight plan published by Micron Meteore Moteurs in their catalogue. It was designed for their "Meteore 0.9cc" side-port diesel.
It is a "pylon type" with straight dihedral wings,twin rudders,fair size sub-rudder. Maybe a semi-profile fus.
Thank you.
Frog 50 is offline Find More Posts by Frog 50
Old Dec 01, 2012, 03:38 PM
Joined Oct 2011
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Up&Away View Post
Has anybody built the Wolf (posted in post #9197)?
I agree with you Up&Away, The Wolf is at the top of my build list. I have already enlarged the plans to full size though for the life of me I can't find it right now. I am in the midst of moving and my whole world is in caos. But soon
I plan to use the Spectrom ''Brick'' from my Parkzone Ember for control
Newtmagick is offline Find More Posts by Newtmagick
Last edited by Newtmagick; Dec 01, 2012 at 03:45 PM.
Old Dec 01, 2012, 04:57 PM
Reduce the drama...
USA, OR, Damascus
Joined Apr 2004
4,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frog 50 View Post
HELP, HELP,HELP.
This my second call for help for the following plan. Been wanting to build this model for years.
After trying for many years I just managed to get hold of a side-port Micron- Meteore 0.9cc diesel.
Does anyone out there in "planland" have a full-size plan of "LE METEOR" that they can post so that it can be downloaded and printed???????
This was a free-flight plan published by Micron Meteore Moteurs in their catalogue. It was designed for their "Meteore 0.9cc" side-port diesel.
It is a "pylon type" with straight dihedral wings,twin rudders,fair size sub-rudder. Maybe a semi-profile fus.
Thank you.
I couldn't fine Le Meteor, but I found the motor
http://micromoteur-ancien.pagesperso.../Mmeteore.html
rick.benjamin is offline Find More Posts by rick.benjamin
Old Dec 01, 2012, 05:03 PM
The original Flying Pigs Sqd.
Netanya, Israel
Joined Aug 2002
10,030 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtmagick View Post
I agree with you Up&Away, The Wolf is at the top of my build list. I have already enlarged the plans to full size though for the life of me I can't find it right now. I am in the midst of moving and my whole world is in caos. But soon
I plan to use the Spectrom ''Brick'' from my Parkzone Ember for control
Are you going to keep the profile as per plan? According to some old, old pictures of the real Wolf it seems to have had a more flat bottomed wing, less dehidral, and ailerons.
The plan gives a 30" wingspan. I was thinking of enlarging it to 45", add ailerons, and change the plan profile to a flatter bottom one (clark y-ish?)
Up&Away is offline Find More Posts by Up&Away
Old Dec 02, 2012, 11:46 AM
Joined Oct 2011
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Up&Away View Post
Are you going to keep the profile as per plan? According to some old, old pictures of the real Wolf it seems to have had a more flat bottomed wing, less dehidral, and ailerons.
The plan gives a 30" wingspan. I was thinking of enlarging it to 45", add ailerons, and change the plan profile to a flatter bottom one (clark y-ish?)
On the origional glider the top of the wing was flat.The aorfoil was a highly undercambered Goetingen, Clarke Y would probably be a good choice for a model. If you use ailerons on your model the flat wing would be OK. I plan to keep it very simple and light so I will need dehidral to control bank.The Ember radio I am thinking of may be to small. My idea is to keep it very very light so the control forces will be light. Still needs more thought. I have some really excellent drawings of the real glider but alas in my present moving caos I can't find them.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 02:48 PM
Joined Oct 2011
37 Posts
Found it
The Wolf was designed by Wolf Hirth and produced by the Schempp Hirth company in 1935