SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 01:42 PM
Joined Nov 2009
16 Posts
Joseph Wherry Sopwith Snipe

Found the 50+ offering on the above---but does anyone have the plane and article on single PDF?????
Or any other Wherry designs?
ubrigens is offline Find More Posts by ubrigens
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 23, 2012, 02:59 PM
CV-15 VB-16
USA, TX, Friendswood
Joined Jul 2007
1,378 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubrigens View Post
Found the 50+ offering on the above---but does anyone have the plane and article on single PDF?????
Will this do?

g
giuseppi is offline Find More Posts by giuseppi
Old Nov 24, 2012, 04:21 AM
Joined Nov 2009
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by giuseppi View Post
Will this do?

g
Great start---just the response I hoped for!!!
Old Nov 24, 2012, 04:57 AM
WMD
Bradford, UK
Joined Jan 2010
1,202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogal View Post
Steve,

Although my scan is only 300 dpi the tracing should be clear.

Al
Aha, excellent, Thanks Al.
WMD is offline Find More Posts by WMD
Old Nov 24, 2012, 05:19 AM
Bradford West Yorkshire, UK
Joined Apr 2010
1,668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thayer View Post
Cleveland is still in business and is still selling plans. The 10-foot Super Albatross is listed. I don't see a 6 foot version but that doesn't mean they don't have it.

http://www.clevelandairline.com
So????

So are the successors to APS and Phil Smith (Veron)

Regards Ian.
Circlip is offline Find More Posts by Circlip
Old Nov 24, 2012, 05:47 AM
Brooklynite In Texas
Manor, TX. USA,
Joined Jul 2008
580 Posts
Bogbeagle

I loved that video It shows why I want that bird. It is beautiful. you fired a lot of my old memories.

And yes, I am aware Cleveland is still doing business so let's not get into all of that please. I got what I wanted more or less with the video and when I decide to build one again I will get the plans.

again that is one good looking bird! I feel the same way about the Bird of time which I have a set of plans.

THANKS--------------DONNY ( I love this thread)
donnyman is offline Find More Posts by donnyman
Old Nov 24, 2012, 09:53 AM
Joined Sep 2011
67 Posts
Quote:
Here are Joseph Wherry's Sopwith Snipe and Sopwith Camel with the plans on one sheet. The Snipe came from Kenny Horne's collection at http://www.ualberta.ca/~khorne/; but this is no longer accessible (as far as I can see). I think the Camel came from there too.

Roger
rogerc41 is offline Find More Posts by rogerc41
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:10 AM
CV-15 VB-16
USA, TX, Friendswood
Joined Jul 2007
1,378 Posts
Quote:
You can find a few more here @ Outerzone: http://outerzone.co.uk/index.asp

Just type "Wherry" (w/o the quotes) in the search box.

g
Old Nov 24, 2012, 03:32 PM
Joined Nov 2009
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by giuseppi View Post
You can find a few more here @ Outerzone: http://outerzone.co.uk/index.asp

Just type "Wherry" (w/o the quotes) in the search box.

g
Thanks to all who posted---results better than expected--I should have known!!!!!
Old Nov 24, 2012, 04:12 PM
United States, IL, Edinburg
Joined Dec 2010
162 Posts
Cleveland Plans on Sale...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thayer View Post
Cleveland is still in business and is still selling plans. The 10-foot Super Albatross is listed. I don't see a 6 foot version but that doesn't mean they don't have it.
There is the Senior Albatross (120"), the Super Condor (84"), the Condor (72") , the Eaglet (48") and the Baby Condor (36"). The regular price for these plans runs between $10 and $25.

By the way, the Cleveland plans are currently on sale at 30% off through Christmas.

I'm seriously eyeing the Senior Albatross. I've always wanted to build one of those...

I'm not sure if I've actually seen a Cleveland plan... do they detail all the parts needed for a scratch build, or are they missing the printwood, so to speak?

Bob Keller
scaleviews.com is offline Find More Posts by scaleviews.com
Last edited by scaleviews.com; Nov 24, 2012 at 04:33 PM.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 05:48 PM
Editor - Flying Models
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2003
2,431 Posts
I expect it depends on the plan. I will say the 4-5 Cleveland plans I have bought had all the bits you need to build the model.
Thayer is offline Find More Posts by Thayer
Old Nov 24, 2012, 08:59 PM
United States, IL, Edinburg
Joined Dec 2010
162 Posts
Cleveland Condor and Baby Condor Plans

I see that the International Model Airplane Plans Cooperative is offering plans of the Condor (72") and the Baby Condor (36") for $3 a pop...

http://www.co-op-plans.com/magento/i...44-condor.html

http://www.co-op-plans.com/magento/i...by-condor.html

Printwood patterns included on the Condor (but not the Baby Condor)...
scaleviews.com is offline Find More Posts by scaleviews.com
Old Nov 24, 2012, 09:31 PM
CV-15 VB-16
USA, TX, Friendswood
Joined Jul 2007
1,378 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnyman View Post
I am looking for plans for a Cleveland Albatross either the 6 or ten footer I built one in the early sixties and would love another -----I never got the chance to fly it.
Found this on Outerzone. A 66" WS Albatross, re-drawn from plans from 1946, attributed to Unknown.

Any chance this is it?

g
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:48 PM
United Kingdom, Tonbridge
Joined Oct 2011
190 Posts
Fuego 50 and Lil Abner

The latest offerings from the Aeromodellers of June and July 1952 are the Fuego 50 and Lil Abner.

Fuego 50 is a Jetex 50 powered sports plane designed by G Blumenthal. The designer states that this design has to be built light to get optimum performance and that it is the culmination of approximately a dozen designs in the proceeding year. it certainly looks a handy craft, I wonder how many will get built when either Rapiers or Jetex become readily available again.

Next up is Lil Abner, a control line stunt plane for 3.5cc motors designed by A. E. Burch. This design was developed from the Demon King which was published in the March 1950 Aeromodeller and looking at the two the heritage is obvious, as are the improvements. The article sings praise for the performance of the plane and it certainly looks good, however the banded on wings looks dated even in 1952.

Enjoy the designs and if you decide to build from the plans please take care and measure twice before cutting.

Al
hogal is online now Find More Posts by hogal
Old Nov 25, 2012, 01:37 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Jul 2004
2,103 Posts
Before I upload what is probably the last of my plans and articles that fit the pre-1960 cut-off date, I'd just like to mentiion a little blurb ablut the late Bill Northrup indicates that his wife, Anita, is still sellling all the former Model Builder plans. She can be reached at 702-869-2162 from 1 to 5 PM PST.
Heres the offerings I have.
I thought that even though the ad repro from a SAM Speaks, the old 1959 MAN article about electric FF, probbly the first Electric that I read about that didn't use a tether to a power cord might have some interest to somebody out there.
50+AirYears is offline Find More Posts by 50+AirYears