SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 08:11 PM
Joined Jan 2009
1,563 Posts
The Karlstrom drawing looks fairly decent, but IMHO Robinson drawings are better.

I will gladly send them to you Bill, the actual pages from MA. Do you want them?
charlie
packardpursuit is offline Find More Posts by packardpursuit
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 20, 2012, 08:04 AM
Australia, NSW, Lane Cove West
Joined Jul 2008
266 Posts
Does anyone have an electronic copy of Jim Saftig's "Inverting Stunter" please?
This is the plan from around 1948 and predates the Super Zilch from the same era and as kitted by Berkley.
Or a paper plan if someone has one for sale.
Cheers John
raglafart is offline Find More Posts by raglafart
Old Oct 20, 2012, 12:39 PM
United States, IL, Edinburg
Joined Dec 2010
162 Posts
Class C Stick Tractor

Here is a PDF format full-size plan and the accompanying construction article for the Class C Stick Tractor rubber-powered endurance model designed by Conrad Renning and published in the August 1939 issue of Model Airplane News. I employed the given 36-inch wingspan as a metric for scaling the full-size plan.

Bob Keller
scaleviews.com is offline Find More Posts by scaleviews.com
Old Oct 20, 2012, 01:29 PM
Sticks, Tissue & old Diesels
France, Centre, Amboise
Joined Nov 2011
1,724 Posts
The Aeromodeller NYP drawing

This is the Aeromodeller drawing of the full size NYP that was published in the same issue as the plan for Ron Moulton's excellent model (available on Outerzone).
brokenenglish is offline Find More Posts by brokenenglish
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 20, 2012, 04:03 PM
United Kingdom, Tonbridge
Joined Oct 2011
199 Posts
Hyperion and Elf Axe

Following on with the April and May 1952 editions of the Aeromodeller I have a first a small team racer and then a free flight powered contest model:

Hyperion, this was presented as a full size plan which involved a dimensioned drawing and then a couple of pages with full size parts. The article included extensive building instructions and even detailed how to make the aluminium cowl. The design was from the pen of Les Hayward.

Elf Axe is a FAI powered contest model for 1.5cc motors from John Lamble. It was during the 1949 Nationals that John recognised that normal pylon models were susceptible to looping and so he evolved a high thrust line concept. This feature was also being studied by others at the same time and reappears throughout the period from other designers.

As with all my drawings they are CAD tracings from scans of the original magazines. Please take care and measure well if you use them to build with.

Enjoy Al
hogal is offline Find More Posts by hogal
Old Oct 20, 2012, 07:50 PM
Ajax, Ontario, Canada
Joined Oct 2004
2,618 Posts
Have seen a couple of examples of 'Elf Axe' through the years. Results were not pretty .......
Applehoney is online now Find More Posts by Applehoney
Old Oct 21, 2012, 08:25 AM
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Nov 2008
196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikempp View Post
so does aero-stuff.com

http://aero-stuff.com/
this one does also, plus lots of aircraft logo's graphics.

http://dragonwagonivaircraftmanuals.com/
mikempp is offline Find More Posts by mikempp
Old Oct 21, 2012, 09:20 AM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined Oct 2005
2,758 Posts
Thanks Al. What a talent! You draw the best plans. Always nice to see and very much appreciated.
John
JohnAV8R is offline Find More Posts by JohnAV8R
Old Oct 21, 2012, 11:27 AM
Joined Dec 2010
162 Posts
Class C World Record Outdoor Stick Model

Here is a PDF format full-size plan for the rubber-powered Class C World Record Outdoor Stick Model designed by Dick Korda, drawn by Frank Zaic and published in the November 1935 issue of Model Airplane News.

I employed the given 29-5/8 inch wingspan (1.75" + 12.0" + 2.125" + 12" +1.75") as a metric for scaling the full-size plan. There was no accompanying construction aritcle pubished with this plan.

Bob Keller
Old Oct 21, 2012, 12:03 PM
Joined Dec 2010
162 Posts
Loan of Robinson Curtiss Robin Drawings

Quote:
Originally Posted by packardpursuit View Post
The Karlstrom drawing looks fairly decent, but IMHO Robinson drawings are better. I will gladly send them to you Bill, the actual pages from MA. Do you want them? charlie
Hi again Charlie,

I sent you a private message with my mail address and other contact info a couple of days ago. I haven't yet received a reply from you regarding it, so I just wanted to also touch base in forum and let you know that yes I would definitely appreciate a loan of those drawings. Let me know if you received the private message with my contact information and I'll send it again if not.

Bob Keller
Last edited by scaleviews.com; Oct 21, 2012 at 12:22 PM.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 05:56 AM
Joined Jul 2012
2 Posts
The RCgroups project is a great effort by dedicated folks.
Here is attached a Veron Chilton plan.
I have not found the printwood yet.
stallwort is offline Find More Posts by stallwort
Old Oct 22, 2012, 09:51 AM
Joined Dec 2010
162 Posts
Jakie II Hand-Launched Glider

Here is a PDF format full-size plan for the Jakie II hand-launched glider designed by Salem Barrack and published in the November 1935 issue of Model Airplane News.

I employed the given 12" overall length (1-1/2" + 2" + 2-1/2" + 2" + 2" + 2") as a metric for scaling the full size plan. There was no accompanying construction article published with the Jakie II plan.

Bob Keller
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:06 AM
Joined Jan 2009
1,563 Posts
Mr. Keller

I've been quite busy but certainly meant to let you know I got your message. Will atempt to get the NYP drawings off to you today.
packardpursuit is offline Find More Posts by packardpursuit
Old Oct 25, 2012, 07:48 AM
Marcus Franco
USA, HI, Makawao
Joined Jul 2004
2,887 Posts
Rudolph...Symply
Inspired in the Old Timers and having constructed many of them...
Antonio Carlos Martins known as "Cebola "(which is one of... if not the best Airmodel designer in Brazil) Designed this little Bird
he already passed away

we baptized it "RUDOLPH" since the happy image of the Raindeer came to my mind when I Flew it for the first time...

Wing Span 40" this is the measuremt at the main spar when wing is laid down flat...

ATENTION...
The plans are hand made and are for the experienced scratch builder...

NOTE:
It uses an Airfoil from the Profili "DAVISSM"...

And if ever SANTA had to chose an airplane Im sure he wud get something like "Rudolph"

A Plane that on "take off and landing" you apply 1/4 throttle and just leave the Tx on the ground hands off... amazing...

Run ... Rudolph II (1 min 55 sec)
Guga is offline Find More Posts by Guga
Last edited by Guga; Oct 25, 2012 at 08:06 AM.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:25 AM
Power Upward
United States, OR, Albany
Joined Jun 2007
1,374 Posts
Very nice Guga, looks like a really fun machine. Thanks for sharing your model

George
GeorgeG97322 is offline Find More Posts by GeorgeG97322