HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 01, 2012, 04:59 PM
Am I a Registered user?
Eratix 3D's Avatar
United States, CO, Grand Junction
Joined Feb 2012
205 Posts
Can you be more specific was a quote that didn't come out right.
Eratix 3D is offline Find More Posts by Eratix 3D
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 01, 2012, 05:15 PM
Registered User
Gold Coast Australia.
Joined Jan 2005
2,467 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edubarca View Post
You are lucky that in your country, Australia, you have unlimited free flight sites!! Well I think that's the way it is, I've never been there which is most unfortunate. Here in Colombia, at least in Bogotá's surroundings lots and lots of trees and lots and lots of wind!! that is why I put a tiny servo in my free flights. Pity!! Your Tomboy, really beaten!!! Best wishes!
Unlimited free flight sites---------I wish Edubarca.

When I lived in Melbourne up to 20 years ago we had a fabulous site that was flat with short grass and exactly one mile square with fly off on all sides as well as sealed roads around the perimeter of the flying field......wind direction made no difference to where you parked your vehicle to start the contest.
That site was only about 5 miles from Melbourne CBD but has gone now to industry......Of course. I flew there often from the mid '50s into the '90s.
They were great days indeed with a truly great club of good people.

When I moved north in 1992 the local guys flew 90 minutes from where I live on a far from perfect FF field.....trees and a river around it as well as quite often tall grass above your head. I lost a lot of models there including some good ones and big ones never to be seen again.

That field went 10 years ago to housing so it was then a 2+ hour drive to another that has a lake, a several trees, snakes, cattle, wild dog traps and agriculture. OMG. I'm feeling SCARED. LOL.


That field it seems is mainly used as a trimming field and the guys now go out even further.......A 4+ hour drive for me from here, so I've never bothered

I have 4 small sites 30 to 40 minutes from where I live that I searched out and use depending on the animals that are there at the time.
They are good for trimming even large FF models very early in the morning, but I'm not an early person so usually meet up with a couple of fellow minded guys mid morning to fly a little simple RC like the Madcap or if it's calm short flights on FF models then head off for lunch at the local.

I have booked for our Nationals coming up next January and the field there is huge it seems.....Have never flown there in the past, so lets hope the weather is kind to us......Hot is okay by me, but gentle breezes.....Maybe???
gossie is offline Find More Posts by gossie
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 01, 2012, 05:15 PM
Registered User
pappaflyer's Avatar
Joined Oct 2010
25 Posts
Swordfish - the "string bag"

Has anybody got the Swordfish in a scale version.
Thanks. Cato.
pappaflyer is offline Find More Posts by pappaflyer
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 01, 2012, 05:52 PM
Registered User
Huntingdon Cambridgeshire U.K.
Joined May 2003
14 Posts
Hi Type swordfish into outerzone link & you will get 4 answers. post 5607 shows the free flight scale model by Len Batchelor a lovely model built one many years ago & it flew like a dream.
Regards Alan
adb1939 is offline Find More Posts by adb1939
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 02, 2012, 01:56 AM
WMD
Registered User
WMD's Avatar
Bradford, UK
Joined Jan 2010
1,134 Posts
Just to confirm, if you're new here to this thread and if you're looking for something in particular, try starting at the beginning. On page #1 post #1 there is a link to the index over at: http://www.outerzone.co.uk/vinplandex/ which will help a lot.

It's a very thorough and dedicated index, with a fast keyword search. It will find you what you want. It was clearly built by some kind of minor genius. It is up to date. There are currently 5,318 entries and each one is a useful link back to a post on this thread.

A rather wonderful index. Which is *still* being heriocally updated on a daily basis by Mooney_Driver, who frankly deserves a medal, or a sponsored weekend in Vegas, or something.
WMD is online now Find More Posts by WMD
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 02, 2012, 11:51 AM
Registered User
scaleviews.com's Avatar
United States, IL, Edinburg
Joined Dec 2010
162 Posts
Douglas TBD-1 Torpedo Bomber

Here is a PDF format plan and the accompanying article for a 12-3/4" rubber-powered scale model of the Douglas TBD-1 Torpedo Bomber designed by Herbert K. Weiss and published in the April 1939 issue of Model Airplane News.

I've recently acquired a number of 1939 Model Airplane News issues, and will be posting full size plans with construction articles, scale 3-views and other content from them as available time permits.
scaleviews.com is offline Find More Posts by scaleviews.com
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 02, 2012, 12:16 PM
CV-15 VB-16
giuseppi's Avatar
USA, TX, Friendswood
Joined Jul 2007
1,369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaleviews.com View Post
Here is a PDF format plan and the accompanying article for a 12-3/4" rubber-powered scale model of the Douglas TBD-1 Torpedo Bomber designed by Herbert K. Weiss and published in the April 1939 issue of Model Airplane News.

I've recently acquired a number of 1939 Model Airplane News issues, and will be posting full size plans with construction articles, scale 3-views and other content from them as available time permits.
That's a real beauty and just my size. Thanks.

g
giuseppi is offline Find More Posts by giuseppi
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 02, 2012, 12:16 PM
Reduce the drama...
rick.benjamin's Avatar
USA, OR, Damascus
Joined Apr 2004
4,043 Posts
Bob
Douglas TBD is beautiful, thanks for sharing!
rick.benjamin is offline Find More Posts by rick.benjamin
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 02, 2012, 01:23 PM
Registered User
scaleviews.com's Avatar
United States, IL, Edinburg
Joined Dec 2010
162 Posts
Looking for Scientific "Oriole" Plans

This 2-page spread for Scientific Model Airplane Company was published in the April 1939 Model Airplane News. Among the advertised kits for a number of immortal designs is an ad for the "Oriole", a 50" span rubber-powered contest endurance model.

I think I really need this one, as it is purported to be "So simple, even the beginner can complete the model in a day." As an experienced builder, I suppose that means I should be able to crank out several of these per day...

I'm hoping someone has this plan, or can direct me to a source for it. Thanks in advance for any help with a copy of the Scientific "Oriole" plans.
scaleviews.com is offline Find More Posts by scaleviews.com
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 02, 2012, 04:05 PM
Registered User
scaleviews.com's Avatar
United States, IL, Edinburg
Joined Dec 2010
162 Posts
1938 Stout Indoor Trophy Winner

Here is a PDF format plan and the accompanying article for a 36" indoor rubber-powered endurance model, the 1938 Stout Indoor Trophy Winner designed by Hewitt Phillips and published in the April 1939 issue of Model Airplane News. This model won the 1938 National Contest with a duration of nearly 22 minutes.
scaleviews.com is offline Find More Posts by scaleviews.com
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 02, 2012, 04:30 PM
Edubarca
Edubarca's Avatar
Colombia, South America
Joined Oct 2009
1,071 Posts
Anybody out there has the plan for the Jasco kit called "Spotter"? Nice little rubber job. Or if the kit had no plans, are there any printed wood for scanning?
Edubarca is online now Find More Posts by Edubarca
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 02, 2012, 05:12 PM
Registered User
Joined May 2012
52 Posts
Strzala

Hello
Today I have for you something unique, this are plans of sailplane model Strzala designed by Stanislaw Hlawiczka. Model won some chapionships in 1930s (Slaskie Zawody Modeli Szybowcowych na Chelmie 1937?). Unfortunately this publication is not dated but it is for sure before WW2. Strzala means arrow if someone ask. I have building instruction also but it is in polish.

You can ask what is so unique in it, only few of this designes survived war, next time I will show you one more.

Wing span 1500m
Model weight ab. 700g
Designer Stanislaw Hlawiczka
DukeRoger is offline Find More Posts by DukeRoger
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 02, 2012, 05:50 PM
CV-15 VB-16
giuseppi's Avatar
USA, TX, Friendswood
Joined Jul 2007
1,369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edubarca View Post
Anybody out there has the plan for the Jasco kit called "Spotter"? Nice little rubber job. Or if the kit had no plans, are there any printed wood for scanning?
Maybe get it from this guy?.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...0&postcount=21

g
giuseppi is offline Find More Posts by giuseppi
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 02, 2012, 06:35 PM
Edubarca
Edubarca's Avatar
Colombia, South America
Joined Oct 2009
1,071 Posts
Thank you very much Giuseppi, Although this is the bipalne version. I'm still looking for the high wing version.
Edubarca is online now Find More Posts by Edubarca
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 02, 2012, 07:57 PM
Model Designer - AMA 667982
starcad's Avatar
Tucson, AZ, USA
Joined Sep 2000
1,939 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gossie View Post
Unlimited free flight sites---------I wish Edubarca.

When I lived in Melbourne up to 20 years ago we had a fabulous site that was flat with short grass and exactly one mile square with fly off on all sides as well as sealed roads around the perimeter of the flying field......wind direction made no difference to where you parked your vehicle to start the contest.
That site was only about 5 miles from Melbourne CBD but has gone now to industry......Of course. I flew there often from the mid '50s into the '90s.
They were great days indeed with a truly great club of good people.

When I moved north in 1992 the local guys flew 90 minutes from where I live on a far from perfect FF field.....trees and a river around it as well as quite often tall grass above your head. I lost a lot of models there including some good ones and big ones never to be seen again.

That field went 10 years ago to housing so it was then a 2+ hour drive to another that has a lake, a several trees, snakes, cattle, wild dog traps and agriculture. OMG. I'm feeling SCARED. LOL.


That field it seems is mainly used as a trimming field and the guys now go out even further.......A 4+ hour drive for me from here, so I've never bothered

I have 4 small sites 30 to 40 minutes from where I live that I searched out and use depending on the animals that are there at the time.
They are good for trimming even large FF models very early in the morning, but I'm not an early person so usually meet up with a couple of fellow minded guys mid morning to fly a little simple RC like the Madcap or if it's calm short flights on FF models then head off for lunch at the local.

I have booked for our Nationals coming up next January and the field there is huge it seems.....Have never flown there in the past, so lets hope the weather is kind to us......Hot is okay by me, but gentle breezes.....Maybe???
Good luck at the NATS gossie, Fair Winds.
starcad is offline Find More Posts by starcad
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gallery Vintage & Old-Timer Plans built gallery orange&white Vintage & Old-Timer Designs 426 Jul 02, 2014 07:35 AM
Discussion Best source for Vintage/Old Timer plans? river-studio Vintage & Old-Timer Designs 18 Nov 09, 2012 07:56 AM
For Sale Old timer Sal Taibi plans Biper/Piper Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Aug 15, 2011 09:30 AM