HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 03, 2012, 01:44 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jan 2002
581 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtmagick View Post
And how about a plan from California Models kit of the Fairchild PT-19 ? Please someone.
Have you looked on the OUTERZONE web site - there are a few PT-19s there.

Mark.
Mark Winstanley is offline Find More Posts by Mark Winstanley
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 03, 2012, 02:45 AM
Model Designer
United Kingdom, England, Burnley
Joined Apr 2001
5,501 Posts
I checked - the California Models plan is not there...

Keven.
keven64 is offline Find More Posts by keven64
Old Sep 03, 2012, 05:12 AM
I like real wooden aeroplanes!
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
4,999 Posts
Humbug

Browsing through some old Model Aircraft mags I came across this interesting looking 50 inch shoulder wing twin fin sport model in the Photonews feature. According to the caption it is called "Humbug" (not to be confused with the 30 inch Aeromodeller plan of the same name which has appeared on this thread|) and was built from a plan published in "Australian Model News".

Can any of our Aussie contributors offer any further details, or, better still, a scan? It looks like a prime candidate for electric R/C conversion, and I am a sucker for twin fin models!
Sundancer is offline Find More Posts by Sundancer
Old Sep 03, 2012, 08:36 AM
Joined Jan 2010
13 Posts
Please help me in getting Wright flyer 1 model plans and drawings, where the rigging and control wire details are given. It will be great, if details of two counter rotating props are given as to which one was rotating clockwise if seen from front of the plane.

I am trying to make model of Wright flyer 1 plane with controls operational, for front rudder (elevator), rudder and wing warping with anhedral drooping wings, close to original plane
paperplane is offline Find More Posts by paperplane
Old Sep 03, 2012, 10:05 AM
Ajax, Ontario, Canada
Joined Oct 2004
2,609 Posts
George,

In the spirit of co-operation (plus I'm a sucker for twin fins too) offset by the use of electrics and R/C but counterbalanced by 'old times sake' and Northern Area kinship ... I'll mail you a copy this week if you'll let me have your postal address

jjmoseley@look.ca
Applehoney is online now Find More Posts by Applehoney
Old Sep 03, 2012, 10:05 AM
United Kingdom, Tonbridge
Joined Oct 2011
199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer View Post
Browsing through some old Model Aircraft mags I came across this interesting looking 50 inch shoulder wing twin fin sport model in the Photonews feature. According to the caption it is called "Humbug" (not to be confused with the 30 inch Aeromodeller plan of the same name which has appeared on this thread|) and was built from a plan published in "Australian Model News".

Can any of our Aussie contributors offer any further details, or, better still, a scan? It looks like a prime candidate for electric R/C conversion, and I am a sucker for twin fin models!
This model in of The Australian Free Flight Plan site at http://www.kurrawong.net/georgecar/affp.

I,ve appended a copy of the plan I downloaded from their site.. This is yet another site that is worth a good browsing.

Al
hogal is offline Find More Posts by hogal
Old Sep 03, 2012, 10:07 AM
I like real wooden aeroplanes!
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
4,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehoney View Post
George,

In the spirit of co-operation (plus I'm a sucker for twin fins too) offset by the use of electrics and R/C but counterbalanced by 'old times sake' and Northern Area kinship ... I'll mail you a copy this week if you'll let me have your postal address

jjmoseley@look.ca
Thanks a lot Jim, but as you can see Hogal has provided the necessary!

Thanks Hogal, I do like the look of it, very simple construction but something attractive about the overall effect. Thanks also for the site link - one more place to waste a few hours when I should be doing other things!
Sundancer is offline Find More Posts by Sundancer
Old Sep 04, 2012, 09:51 AM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined Oct 2005
2,747 Posts
---all the more reason to add your "logo" to the cleaned up plans!
JohnAV8R is online now Find More Posts by JohnAV8R
Old Sep 04, 2012, 11:06 AM
Joined Jan 2011
150 Posts
Chiribiri

Does anyone have a copy of Antonio Chiribiri's number 3 airplane, please? There is a Walt Mooney peanut size somewhere, but I have not yet located it.

Thanks!
Ar.
argat1 is offline Find More Posts by argat1
Old Sep 04, 2012, 05:44 PM
Joined Feb 2010
68 Posts
A Sterling Tiger Moth

I still have this one after 30 years incomplete without the "Coupe Top" canopy that was common on most Canadian Trainers of the WWII era. An easy fix.

I recut the wing ribs and incorporated internal spars to do away with the many smaller stringer spars so visible when building the model the stock method. I really should have put in the half ribs and mains in scale postion. My father instructed on these.

Kit FS13 with a 33 inch span. Brushed yellow dope. The reg/n number is from the DH82C in the Candian Ottawa Collection. The plan is posted already.
bee banger is offline Find More Posts by bee banger
Old Sep 04, 2012, 06:09 PM
Joined Feb 2010
68 Posts
Pt-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtmagick View Post
And how about a plan from California Models kit of the Fairchild PT-19 ? Please someone.
Is the Dynaflite PT-19 at 89 inch span too big? It is from a defunct company. Does that make it post positive or negative.

Cheers
bee banger is offline Find More Posts by bee banger
Last edited by bee banger; Sep 04, 2012 at 06:57 PM. Reason: can't spell nthng
Old Sep 04, 2012, 11:35 PM
Model Designer
United Kingdom, England, Burnley
Joined Apr 2001
5,501 Posts
...'nthng' is TOO big !

Keven.
keven64 is offline Find More Posts by keven64
Old Sep 05, 2012, 11:30 AM
LaGrange, GA
Joined Jun 2009
1,818 Posts
Dynaflite was absorbed by Great Planes. They don't market the PT-19 anymore though..... shame.
JohnsPop is offline Find More Posts by JohnsPop
Old Sep 05, 2012, 06:26 PM
Heads up...
United States, VA, Stafford
Joined Jun 2009
744 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bee banger View Post
I still have this one after 30 years incomplete without the "Coupe Top" canopy that was common on most Canadian Trainers of the WWII era. An easy fix.

I recut the wing ribs and incorporated internal spars to do away with the many smaller stringer spars so visible when building the model the stock method. I really should have put in the half ribs and mains in scale postion. My father instructed on these.

Kit FS13 with a 33 inch span. Brushed yellow dope. The reg/n number is from the DH82C in the Candian Ottawa Collection. The plan is posted already.
Where are the plans for the DH82C? Can you provide me a link? Thank you...
RMCCOR7737 is offline Find More Posts by RMCCOR7737
Old Sep 05, 2012, 07:16 PM
CV-15 VB-16
USA, TX, Friendswood
Joined Jul 2007
1,385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMCCOR7737 View Post
Where are the plans for the DH82C? Can you provide me a link? Thank you...
Here ya' go.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showa...1&d=1309561348

g
giuseppi is online now Find More Posts by giuseppi