HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 12:22 AM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by starcad View Post
Aj, it would be preferred that you start a new thread instead of posting builds and videos in this thread as this thread is for Pre 1960 Plans Only. BTW, as a word of caution, watch the dates on your plans as the CWP will be monitoring your posts.
NP. Thanks for the info. I will just be a lurker. You guys have some great posts.
Closing question. What is CWP?
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 16, 2012, 01:05 AM
AMA 667982 KG7NKY
Tucson, AZ, USA
Joined Sep 2000
2,004 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker View Post
NP. Thanks for the info. I will just be a lurker. You guys have some great posts.
Closing question. What is CWP?
AJ
That should have been CRP. No need to be a lurker AJ. I, and I know many others would like to see a thread on both the G/B Skylane and Jr. Falcon. I have quit posting scanned plans because of the CRP ( Copyright Police ) and now just post my scans on my site. I don't want to offend others. Myself and others around the World are trying to preserve as many model designs as possible before they are lost and no longer available. These designs are being placed on servers around the World and may be freely downloaded with out any compensation. Unfortunately I believe there are those that wish older designs go by the way of obscurity.

Sorry if I sounded a little harsh.

Guy
starcad is offline Find More Posts by starcad
Old Jun 16, 2012, 07:36 AM
UP ELEVATOR!!!! OOPS
Houston Tx.
Joined Jan 2006
92 Posts
Quote:
That should have been CRP. No need to be a lurker AJ. I, and I know many others would like to see a thread on both the G/B Skylane and Jr. Falcon. I have quit posting scanned plans because of the CRP ( Copyright Police ) and now just post my scans on my site. I don't want to offend others. Myself and others around the World are trying to preserve as many model designs as possible before they are lost and no longer available. These designs are being placed on servers around the World and may be freely downloaded with out any compensation. Unfortunately I believe there are those that wish older designs go by the way of obscurity.

Guy

Sometimes the truth is harsh.
dhsmith1 is offline Find More Posts by dhsmith1
Old Jun 16, 2012, 08:46 AM
Bradford West Yorkshire, UK
Joined Apr 2010
1,667 Posts
Quote:

Guy
And don't forget to mention Guy that many (If not all) the plans that have had to be deleted from the thread are still available from the copyright holders - but you then have to pay for a copy.

Regards Ian.
Circlip is offline Find More Posts by Circlip
Old Jun 16, 2012, 07:13 PM
AMA 667982 KG7NKY
Tucson, AZ, USA
Joined Sep 2000
2,004 Posts
So true Ian so true.
starcad is offline Find More Posts by starcad
Old Jun 17, 2012, 12:29 PM
gram obsessive
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2005
743 Posts
ajbaker,

There is a thread for posting pictures of your completed vintage and old time models here;

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1462938

But please feel free to start your own thread to showcase your Skylane and Jr. Falcon if you prefer. Either way please post your pictures and videos!! Picture sharing is part of the process of preserving these flying treasures.

T.B.
T.B. is offline Find More Posts by T.B.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 09:02 AM
pd1
United States, MA, Haverhill
Joined Jun 2006
2,153 Posts
Pt-17

I have to stop cleaning, I keep finding plans I want to build and then I don't get anything else done.

Wingspan 40 9/16.. PT 17.. Air Trails plan, unknown date, unknown author.

Could be fun turning this into an electric powered RC job.
pd1 is offline Find More Posts by pd1
Last edited by pd1; Jun 19, 2012 at 07:37 AM. Reason: Outerzone address was wrong on pdf's
Old Jun 18, 2012, 10:05 AM
Joined Jan 2011
150 Posts
Cruiser

This time is a Charles Hollinger's Cruiser from 1949 but with a small modification. Instead of a polyhedral wing it was built using just one 12 dihedral, and a stab dethermalizer. Nice flyer!

One can find it In outerzone following this address: http://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=1180

Ar.
argat1 is offline Find More Posts by argat1
Old Jun 18, 2012, 10:16 AM
Ajax, Ontario, Canada
Joined Oct 2004
2,582 Posts
Looks better for it IMHO
Applehoney is offline Find More Posts by Applehoney
Old Jun 18, 2012, 01:21 PM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined Oct 2005
2,619 Posts
Ar- nice model and pictures. That's where the real fun is!
John
JohnAV8R is offline Find More Posts by JohnAV8R
Old Jun 18, 2012, 06:40 PM
Edubarca
Colombia, South America
Joined Oct 2009
1,209 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by argat1 View Post
This time is a Charles Hollinger's Cruiser from 1949 but with a small modification. Instead of a polyhedral wing it was built using just one 12 dihedral, and a stab dethermalizer. Nice flyer!

One can find it In outerzone following this address: http://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=1180

Ar.
What a beautiful model. These pictures confirms that no matter how sophisticated aeromodelling has become, the fun and satisfaction of the humble rubber job will never equal other aspects of our wonderful hobby. And the pictures great? What camera? model? lens?
Edubarca is offline Find More Posts by Edubarca
Old Jun 18, 2012, 06:57 PM
Model Designer
United Kingdom, England, Burnley
Joined Apr 2001
5,499 Posts
Quote:
Edubarca said
What a beautiful model. These pictures confirms that no matter how sophisticated aeromodelling has become... (snip)
Hello Ed,

No matter how sophisticated aeromodelling becomes...

Aeromodelling will certainly get MORE sophisticated !

Keven.
keven64 is offline Find More Posts by keven64
Old Jun 18, 2012, 07:09 PM
Edubarca
Colombia, South America
Joined Oct 2009
1,209 Posts
No doubt, like everything else in this world. But a simple rubber job is tops for fun.
Edubarca is offline Find More Posts by Edubarca
Old Jun 18, 2012, 07:20 PM
Model Designer
United Kingdom, England, Burnley
Joined Apr 2001
5,499 Posts
...almost as fast as plans are posted here - there are some unscrupulous SH*TS that seek to make a profit from the generosity of others.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=200778108040

Yes - I KNOW you will see this comment... and that is JUST what you are !

Keven.
keven64 is offline Find More Posts by keven64
Old Jun 18, 2012, 07:56 PM
pd1
United States, MA, Haverhill
Joined Jun 2006
2,153 Posts
I saw this happening a while back now so I added on all the recent plans that I've been doing, "not to be reproduced for commercial purposes".
I sent him a message asking that he not sell plans that I have restored.

If you look at his listings,one plan has a picture of a Sportmaster advertising that plan. You guessed it, it is a picture of MY Sportmaster.
pd1 is offline Find More Posts by pd1