SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 01, 2012, 08:42 AM
United Kingdom, England, Brighton
Joined Apr 2007
1,134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inspec25 View Post
Hello.

My friend is looking for a " Yellow Kid"? It may be titled as " Little Kid"? It was an aicraft he built years ago and would like to build another. Any clue?
Thank you
The plan is here, post #5946.
DeeBee1 is offline Find More Posts by DeeBee1
Last edited by DeeBee1; Jun 01, 2012 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Added picture.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 01, 2012, 09:19 AM
CV-15 VB-16
USA, TX, Friendswood
Joined Jul 2007
1,375 Posts
Quote:
Hello.

My friend is looking for a " Yellow Kid"? It may be titled as " Little Kid"? It was an aicraft he built years ago and would like to build another. Any clue?
Thank you

Is this it?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showa...2&d=1316411878

g
giuseppi is offline Find More Posts by giuseppi
Old Jun 01, 2012, 09:31 AM
I like real wooden aeroplanes!
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
4,657 Posts
Quote:
Hello.

Thank you
Easily found by using Vinplandex in post #1 of this thread. It is in Post 5946, page 397 of this thread.
Sundancer is offline Find More Posts by Sundancer
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 01, 2012, 09:59 AM
Joined Apr 2007
1,134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by giuseppi View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer View Post
Easily found by using Vinplandex in post #1 of this thread. It is in Post 5946, page 397 of this thread.
...well at least my version of the reply came with a picture
Old Jun 01, 2012, 03:59 PM
CV-15 VB-16
USA, TX, Friendswood
Joined Jul 2007
1,375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeBee1 View Post
...well at least my version of the reply came with a picture
I didn't notice your post 'til after I did mine so I just left it. And your adding the picture was a nice touch.

g
giuseppi is offline Find More Posts by giuseppi
Old Jun 01, 2012, 07:10 PM
Edubarca
Colombia, South America
Joined Oct 2009
1,178 Posts
I couldn't upload Five Giant Steps. It appeared black!!! Why? I don't know, anybody can help?
Edubarca is online now Find More Posts by Edubarca
Old Jun 01, 2012, 09:09 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Jul 2004
2,102 Posts
If the posted plan doesn't work, the Yellow Kid plan is still available from Model Airplane News Air Age Plans as plan X10811 for $14.95.
50+AirYears is offline Find More Posts by 50+AirYears
Old Jun 01, 2012, 11:47 PM
United Kingdom, Tonbridge
Joined Oct 2011
190 Posts
Junior Miss and SE 5A

From the October 1951 Aeromodeller here are the Junior Miss and the SE 5A.

The Junior Miss is a lightweight rubber model designed by Vic Smeed. Having come from the pen of one of the all time greats the design is guaranteed to be good and work well. You only have to read the preamble to see that the original was capable of some good flights.

The SE 5A was a free plan in the magazine and designed by Ray Booth. It was designed around the Kalper and had a 'massive' span of 16.3/4". The original plane had ideal proportions for a flying scale model and I have no doubt this little beauty would give many hours of pleasure.

As always please be careful if you decide to use my tracings and if you would like my original colour copies please e-mail me. Most of all enjoy.
hogal is offline Find More Posts by hogal
Old Jun 02, 2012, 12:57 AM
USA, Mt, Billings
Joined Mar 2009
324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pd1 View Post
Grumman G44 Widgeon
A Plan for this was posted earlier, while it is a beautiful revamp, it does not open full sized.

I included it in this posting and the original from 1942 Air Trails
This is from about a year and a half ago...in fact I just looked and it's EXACTLY a year and a half to the day. Post #1509.

The two plans are a cleaned up original Plecan plan from Air Trails 1942, the other identifies itself as having been based on the Plecan plan but redrawn/re-designed (and "DWG" whatever that is) in 1997. I'd downloaded the "redrawn/re-designed" plan from the Outerzone resource (but same plan). It's identified as 1/12 scale (1"=1') so should have a 40" span. Had this printed this morning thinking I'd get going on it and maybe have a "floater" ready for late summer fun. Had to scale it up, used the 1-1/2 inch dihedral dimension to confirm a correct scale factor and hit it spot-on (if memory serves, 227%)

Giving the plans a serious going over this evening I find that the two wing panels shown are very different from each other. I had thought it was giving me a right and left panel to build off of but investigation shows one (with all the ribs called out, etc) measures out at 20" to give the correct 40" span. The other wing panel is about 22-1/2" and doesn't call out much of the detail, parts location. What is REALLY problematic is that the ribs, tip, etc, all measure out to fit the "too big" wing.

Anyone seen this or have a reasonable solution? This is a perfect size for me so I'm really hoping to resolve this.

btw, the fuselage appears to match up with the "correctly" scaled wing.

Thanks in advance,

Scottrik
NOISY MUSE is offline Find More Posts by NOISY MUSE
Old Jun 02, 2012, 01:07 AM
USA, Mt, Billings
Joined Mar 2009
324 Posts
In the mid-late 1970's I built a thermal duration glider (complete with DT fuse, etc) from plans. It was called the Quickee 2 (or Quickie 2, or....?) and I'd like to revisit that build. It flew quite well, especially for a first-time plans builder...I was ecstatic.

Has anyone seen a plan for this or, better yet, have one? I have no idea whether the plan is pre- or post-1960, if post-1960 please hit me up off-line.

Many thanks!

Scottrik
NOISY MUSE is offline Find More Posts by NOISY MUSE
Old Jun 02, 2012, 03:39 AM
WMD
Bradford, UK
Joined Jan 2010
1,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOISY MUSE View Post
Giving the plans a serious going over this evening I find that the two wing panels shown are very different from each other. I had thought it was giving me a right and left panel to build off of but investigation shows one (with all the ribs called out, etc) measures out at 20" to give the correct 40" span. The other wing panel is about 22-1/2" and doesn't call out much of the detail, parts location. What is REALLY problematic is that the ribs, tip, etc, all measure out to fit the "too big" wing...
Hi Scottrik,

Just had a look. You're right, that plan http://www.outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=308 seems highly unreliable. The wing panels are certainly scaled differently to each other, and I can't get either of them to fit correctly against the rib shown in the fuse side view. I recommend you simply ignore that version of the plan and refer to the alternative (more original) copy of the Plecan Widgeon plan at ID=653 ie here http://www.outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=653 - that's the one done by pd1.

Steve
WMD is offline Find More Posts by WMD
Old Jun 02, 2012, 04:11 AM
Joined Apr 2007
1,134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by giuseppi View Post
I didn't notice your post 'til after I did mine so I just left it. And your adding the picture was a nice touch.

g
guissepi - I was only joking, thanks for the reply. Have a good weekend
Old Jun 02, 2012, 06:54 AM
pd1
United States, MA, Haverhill
Joined Jun 2006
2,143 Posts
G 44 Widgeon redone

Scottrik
I redrew the Widgeon. The scan here is from an original plan not a magazine, so it should be a little more accurate. I added the missing wing and fuselage half.

Sometimes when working with the magazines, sections get scanned at different DPI. This can create scaling errors later. I suspect this could have happened on the other plan.

Sometimes when scanning, the paper doesn't always lay perfectly flat and small errors also creep in. Hopefully this one should be close. The wingspan is 40 inches.

If you need a larger printout, pm me your e mail address and I'll rescale it for you.

Paul
pd1 is offline Find More Posts by pd1
Last edited by pd1; Jun 03, 2012 at 08:15 AM.
Old Jun 02, 2012, 12:39 PM
Joined Jul 2009
343 Posts
Guys,

Thank you, thats the plans he was looking for. I keep forgeting about the idex! sorry!
inspec25 is offline Find More Posts by inspec25
Old Jun 02, 2012, 01:43 PM
Ajax, Ontario, Canada
Joined Oct 2004
2,574 Posts
Scottrick - assume you mean Ray Monks' "Quickie" A/2 Aeromodeller March 1952.

Good airplane, builds fast, flys very well
Applehoney is offline Find More Posts by Applehoney