Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 11:21 PM
You sabotaged my plane.
Arizona
Joined Jun 2002
2,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raglafart View Post
Enough of the BS,

And if you have a problem with a post, send the author a PM if it's that important to you. Or send orange and white a PM
I was serious.
eliworm is offline Find More Posts by eliworm
Last edited by eliworm; Apr 24, 2012 at 12:48 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 18, 2012, 11:41 PM
Joined Jul 2011
182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliworm View Post
I was serious. The only "BS" I saw was a normal conversation going on and you come in here shouting which can only be compared to a kid having a tantrum.

Try following your own advice instead of big colored letters.
Say it with Crayons ?

Sorry i couldn't resist
Ratracer is offline Find More Posts by Ratracer
Last edited by Ratracer; Apr 19, 2012 at 01:26 AM.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 11:56 PM
AMA 105167
United States, CA, Stockton
Joined Jan 2003
1,034 Posts
if and when this thread does disappear ... Blame yourselves, for not handling this in a wise manner ...
D_Dawg is offline Find More Posts by D_Dawg
Last edited by D_Dawg; Apr 19, 2012 at 01:55 AM.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 12:23 AM
So I'M meant to be in control?
Ilkley, West Yorkshire, UK
Joined Nov 2008
3,471 Posts
I simply can't believe that people are now arguing about people arguing.........

<shakes head>
Colonel Blink is online now Find More Posts by Colonel Blink
Old Apr 19, 2012, 12:40 AM
South Africa, GP, Krugersdorp
Joined May 2011
78 Posts
Hey Guys

I guess I'm responsible for restarting the copyright discussion with the posting of the Paddy's Pig and Pacemaker II plans. Sorry!

Paddy's Pig now re-sized to 48" span now available on Outerzone.

Enjoy

Sr Falcon
SrFalcon is offline Find More Posts by SrFalcon
Old Apr 19, 2012, 12:45 AM
I like real wooden aeroplanes!
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
4,426 Posts
A long time ago (it seems like a long time!) I suggested that a lot of the recurring problems and waste of posting space might be solved by changing the title of the thread to "Vintage and Old Timer Designs pre 1960 ONLY". This sank without trace but I still think it is a sensible idea. Anyone know how to achieve it?
Sundancer is offline Find More Posts by Sundancer
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 19, 2012, 01:14 AM
Joined Jul 2011
182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer View Post
A long time ago (it seems like a long time!) I suggested that a lot of the recurring problems and waste of posting space might be solved by changing the title of the thread to "Vintage and Old Timer Designs pre 1960 ONLY". This sank without trace but I still think it is a sensible idea. Anyone know how to achieve it?
Submit the idea to orange&white if he likes it i think he could do that with out much trouble.
Ratracer is offline Find More Posts by Ratracer
Old Apr 19, 2012, 01:57 AM
Model Designer - AMA 667982
Tucson, AZ, USA
Joined Sep 2000
1,929 Posts
Someone start a Copyright thread, then when someone complains all we have to do is point them to that thread. Maybe not that good an idea as we would have 50 post pointing to that thread.
starcad is offline Find More Posts by starcad
Old Apr 19, 2012, 03:41 AM
Joined Mar 2007
1,012 Posts
I do like that Uranio.

Hic opus est.
bogbeagle is offline Find More Posts by bogbeagle
Old Apr 19, 2012, 03:57 AM
WMD
Bradford, UK
Joined Jan 2010
1,132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by piperjoe View Post
As a bit of an upbeat note, I'd like to say a big Thank You to Steve for the Outerzone site. If you haven't visited the site, DO SO! I've had a great time looking at the plans and have downloaded a number of them. Steve, you've done a superb job in the presentation of plans for model building. Lots of variety and easy to download for future projects.

Soft landings,

Joe
Thanks Joe, it is good to hear that modellers like the site and find it easy to use.

Steve
WMD is online now Find More Posts by WMD
Old Apr 19, 2012, 04:17 AM
Italy, Lazio, Poggio Mirteto
Joined Apr 2012
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogbeagle View Post
I do like that Uranio.

Hic opus est.
Yes, I agree: the Uranio is a real masterpiece. I noticed that Steve usually quotes my notes without any correction. That flatters me, but I'm not sure about the "quality" of my english, so feel free to correct it. It would help me to improve, too. Thank you.

Just a few notes about copyright: as a publisher I really don't believe we can still think about copyright as in the pre-Internet era. Those who keep on doing that are living in the past and bound to disappear. My personal policy is much more flexible and Creative Commons like: if you want to take something from my magazine, please wait at least six months from the time of publishing (not mandatory, but I would be pleased...) and then do whatever you want, providing that you always give proper credits to the magazine and the author.

Cesare
Edimodel is offline Find More Posts by Edimodel
Old Apr 19, 2012, 04:42 AM
Sic itur ad Astra
United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi
Joined Aug 2009
1,603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Thanks Joe, it is good to hear that modellers like the site and find it easy to use.

Steve
I'll second Joe's comments about the site, Steve. Thanks for keeping it running.
sparks
sparks59 is offline Find More Posts by sparks59
Old Apr 19, 2012, 05:02 AM
Scott R/C Time Pilot
NorthBend/Coos Bay,Oregon USA
Joined Dec 2009
1,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer View Post
Asked and done. Thanks Sundancer

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...79&postcount=1

Scott
orange&white is offline Find More Posts by orange&white
Old Apr 19, 2012, 05:50 AM
*jj
United Kingdom, Birmingham
Joined Jul 2008
314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by packardpursuit View Post
I seem to recall Lockeed Martin got a bit snippy with an R/C kit maker a few years back for marketing an all balsa profile electric P-38 Lightning. The big outfit claimed this fellow was harming their ownership of the designation "P-38" and their name "Lightning".
Did they also try to sue English Electric and/or the Royal Air Force?
*jj is offline Find More Posts by *jj
Old Apr 19, 2012, 06:28 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined May 2011
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange&white View Post
Wow! Some can't let sleeping dogs lie.
Did none of you fine fellows spot the moderator's above post (9474). I think the general idea is everyone, repeat, Everyone stop talking about copyright issues whether for, against, good, bad or ugly. Just get back to posting plans and bite your collective tongues, including me with this rant.

Cheers Bill

PS love that there is a copyright symbol in orange&white's quote
jaguarsrule is offline Find More Posts by jaguarsrule
Last edited by jaguarsrule; Apr 19, 2012 at 06:29 AM. Reason: spelling