SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 10:01 AM
WMD
Bradford, UK
Joined Jan 2010
1,196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlsat View Post
You understand Steve very well...
No. I don't understand. Are you confusing credit (giving thanks) with the HPA forum kudos system?

I simply mean that when you repost plans on HPA it would be good manners to say where they came from, and to give thanks (credit) to the original poster/scanner. And to link back to where you found the plan before you reposted it.

This would make life easier for everyone. Indexing, checking, etc.
WMD is offline Find More Posts by WMD
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 13, 2012, 10:03 AM
AMA 667982 KG7NKY
Tucson, AZ, USA
Joined Sep 2000
2,002 Posts
Gentlemen, I believe the whole idea behind this entire thread is to conserve as many designs in as many places as possible so they are not lost in obscurity. So, posting them in as many places as possible is a good thing. Also, others have access to them in different areas around the world not just here or Outerzone, StarCad Plans, our Hotpockets. I try to include the name of the publication, date, designer, and the title of the design. Others of us may not have the time or the space to do so. On the other hand all is good as long as the design is saved.

Lets just post designs and get as much as possible to spread around the World. The more sites that offer free downloads the less likely you will see someone like Unc Willie profiting from someone else's hard work.
starcad is offline Find More Posts by starcad
Old Apr 13, 2012, 10:13 AM
WMD
Bradford, UK
Joined Jan 2010
1,196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by starcad View Post
Gentlemen, I believe the whole idea behind this entire thread is to conserve as many designs in as many places as possible so they are not lost in obscurity. So, posting them in as many places as possible is a good thing. Also, others have access to them in different areas around the world not just here or Outerzone, StarCad Plans, our Hotpockets. I try to include the name of the publication, date, designer, and the title of the design. Others of us may not have the time or the space to do so. On the other hand all is good as long as the design is saved.

Lets just post designs and get as much as possible to spread around the World. The more sites that offer free downloads the less likely you will see someone like Unc Willie profiting from someone else's hard work.
Fair point. I agree. Better to have them posted badly than not posted at all. I guess.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 10:21 AM
You sabotaged my plane.
Arizona
Joined Jun 2002
2,804 Posts
Quote:

I agree with Guy, I'm glad just to get them out there. I had just spent $45 at the Perry swap meet on an old kit that has not been posted here. Another $10 to get it scanned. Not counting the time and gas to get it done. It's now in Planemans hands for some cleanup to be posted here. Except for me mentioning it here no one will ever know, but that doesn't bother me, I'm just happy to see an old plane out there being built.
eliworm is online now Find More Posts by eliworm
Last edited by eliworm; Apr 13, 2012 at 12:38 PM.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 11:11 AM
WMD
Bradford, UK
Joined Jan 2010
1,196 Posts
Berkeley CL scale plans - Crusader and Wildcat

Ok, back to the plans. Here are two nice ones that just arrived in the inbox today.

As far I know these are not reposts from anywhere.

Crusader
by Henry Struck
from Berkeley
27in span

Grumman F4F Wildcat
by Don McGovern
from Berkeley
29in span
Last edited by WMD; Apr 13, 2012 at 11:17 AM.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 11:35 AM
Ελλάδα, Ανατολική Μακεδονία Θράκη, Βιστωνίδα
Joined Jul 2006
759 Posts
Thanks for's writing for me Steve.
Unfortunately, there will continue the dialogue with you but I have another job to do better.
Plans a lot of work to be sorted, corrected, etc.
The credits do not care.
It is purely your own work.
Friends and visitors of the forum are interested in plans to properly collect
and save for the manufacture plane and preserve them as historical data.

Elijah.
hlsat is offline Find More Posts by hlsat
Old Apr 13, 2012, 11:43 AM
Ελλάδα, Ανατολική Μακεδονία Θράκη, Βιστωνίδα
Joined Jul 2006
759 Posts
Quote:

Correct opinion.
Thanks very starcad.
hlsat is offline Find More Posts by hlsat
Old Apr 13, 2012, 11:53 AM
Joined Jul 2011
43 Posts
Tripacer-
I'm one of those who don't contribute but I go to this site every day. My only complaint is with the copyright police taking up valuable space that could be used for plans. I don't have the scanning stuff to do what y'all do. Back in Oct '11 I snail mailed Kenny e some plans to post for me but it seems he has disappeared and the plans were never posted. Most of the plans I have now have come from this site, Outerzone and some from Hippocket. You see, I lost my plan collection to a crazy woman named Hurricane Katrina. Thanks to club members and all you guys I now have copies of most of the plans I lost and many more that I thought I would never see again. So keep posting plans and I'll keep looking. Thanks again guys.
One cut
One Cut is offline Find More Posts by One Cut
Old Apr 13, 2012, 12:51 PM
AMA 105167
United States, CA, Stockton
Joined Jan 2003
1,034 Posts
<redacted for rudeness>

A lot of us enjoy having access to plans ... While, I do not condone Pirating, or copyright infringement, I know there are a ton of plans to planes that JUST are not easily Available ... and if this is where some obscure plan winds up ... GREAT ...

D_Dawg is offline Find More Posts by D_Dawg
Last edited by D_Dawg; Apr 14, 2012 at 06:30 PM.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 01:58 PM
Blacksburg, VA 24060 USA
Joined Feb 2000
3,204 Posts
"You have TWO OPTIONS ... REPORT IT to the Moderator.... or, Do Not OPEN IT and look at it ..." Is this a law? Or is it an RC Groups policy? Just asking.

Jim R.
JRuggiero is offline Find More Posts by JRuggiero
Old Apr 13, 2012, 02:06 PM
Valencia, CA
Joined Oct 2002
3,678 Posts
Harold Towner Vickers Viking

There is a post on the Free Flight Forum with an article on building the Astral kit of the Vickers Viking designed by Harold Towner. I searched Outerzone and Hip Pocket and did not find a plan for this model. If there is one lurking out there, it would be great to see it posted.

Thanks,

Pete G.
P_J_Glor is offline Find More Posts by P_J_Glor
Old Apr 13, 2012, 02:14 PM
You sabotaged my plane.
Arizona
Joined Jun 2002
2,804 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Dawg View Post
AGAIN ... IF you don't like what you see in here ....
You have TWO OPTIONS ... REPORT IT to the Moderator.... or, Do Not OPEN IT and look at it ...

Anything else is your being a like crying little woman ... MAN UP or SHUT UP.

Stop whining every couple of pages in here for the rest of us to know how much of a baby you are. The "Report post" button is to the right ===> next to the Post #number ...

A lot of you enjoy having access to plans ... While, I do not condone Pirating, or copyright infringement, I know there are a ton of plans to planes that JUST are not easily Available ... and if this is where some obscure plan winds up ... GREAT ...

If you do not like its posting, or poster ... see the two OPTIONS you have ... anything else is a waste.

Dude, take a chill pill. People have a right to their opinion. It's not about what's legal. It's that RCgroups could pull this thread from one wrong complaint legal or not.
eliworm is online now Find More Posts by eliworm
Old Apr 13, 2012, 02:34 PM
So I'M meant to be in control?
Ilkley, West Yorkshire, UK
Joined Nov 2008
3,615 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_J_Glor View Post
There is a post on the Free Flight Forum with an article on building the Astral kit of the Vickers Viking designed by Harold Towner. I searched Outerzone and Hip Pocket and did not find a plan for this model. If there is one lurking out there, it would be great to see it posted.Thanks, Pete G.
Pete - see my post on the other thread - it may help you!
Colonel Blink is offline Find More Posts by Colonel Blink
Old Apr 13, 2012, 02:59 PM
Houghton Lake MI
Joined Apr 2008
199 Posts
Plans! We need more plans!!!

Here is a different one. It is a rubber speed model called the "Pylon Polisher" From Sep. 1937 Flying Aces By Elbert J. Weathers. It actually looks fun to make and fly, but I think it would scare off everybody except the Turbine and Pattern guys at the local field.

I have a few plans left from the reprints, then I will dive into the old issues I just got this week. I also have another stack of them on the way. I think at the end of this mission, I will sit down and actually build something from this thread, maybe even one of these Flying Aces plans. Right now, the Cicada posted a few days back is really calling my name. That's a neat looking model. (And simple too)
cougdave is offline Find More Posts by cougdave
Old Apr 13, 2012, 03:01 PM
AMA 105167
United States, CA, Stockton
Joined Jan 2003
1,034 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliworm View Post
Dude, take a chill pill. People have a right to their opinion. It's not about what's legal. It's that RCgroups could pull this thread from one wrong complaint legal or not.

Then stop complaining publicly about the legalities ... if you think there is a problem ... report it (let the mods deal with it behind the scene).... do not openly whine and cry about it.

if you draw unwanted attention to it .... the outcome will be undesirable.
D_Dawg is offline Find More Posts by D_Dawg