HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 04, 2012, 09:16 PM
Joined Sep 2006
94 Posts
Thanks, Steve (WMD). Interestingly, I found that my original grayscales did not respond to the dust&scratches filter. When I loaded the Stately Sadie pdf (the one I posted) into Photoshop, the filter worked as advertised on the resulting grayscale. Finally it dawned on me that a bitmap file had been saved in PDF format. When I took the original grayscale, coverted it to bitmap and back to grayscale, the filter worked fine. Seems that Gene (rchopper56) and I arrived at the same results.
wtool is offline Find More Posts by wtool
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 04, 2012, 09:36 PM
Houghton Lake MI
Joined Apr 2008
200 Posts
Here is another. This one is the Vickers Gun Bus 1914
from October 1937 by Henry Struck. (Trail Blazers of the Air No. 7)

There is a warning on the 3 view that the two plates are different scales. I can't change scales, so I left them that way. If you are going to build this one, enlarge the 3 view to 200% to match the parts on the layout.

I seem to have no control over the orientation ofthe images. My scanner seems to recognize text and orient the PDF with the majority of the text right side up. It's kind of scary to know that several machine in my house are considerably smarter than I am.
cougdave is offline Find More Posts by cougdave
Old Apr 04, 2012, 09:42 PM
Houghton Lake MI
Joined Apr 2008
200 Posts
Here is another

This is the Parlor fly. Not so sure of the date on this one, but pre war for sure. A small rubber powered plane for indoor flight that looks pretty simple to build.
Old Apr 04, 2012, 09:54 PM
Houghton Lake MI
Joined Apr 2008
200 Posts
Here is the Flying Aces Fighter. It's a non scale 20" rubber powered model.
January 1937 by Louis Garami

I will scan a few more tonight, but it will take a while. I have tomorrow off of work, so I should be able to load up a few more then, too.
Old Apr 04, 2012, 11:02 PM
Houghton Lake MI
Joined Apr 2008
200 Posts
Here is a Flying Aces Parasol. It's a small stick model by Lou Garami. July 1936
Old Apr 04, 2012, 11:18 PM
Houghton Lake MI
Joined Apr 2008
200 Posts
Here is a French Guillemin J.G. 10 rubber scale model. by Elbert J. Weathers from Feb.1936

It looks like a nice little model of a touring plane. It's a low winger, but it has enough dihedral to look pretty stable.
Old Apr 04, 2012, 11:23 PM
Houghton Lake MI
Joined Apr 2008
200 Posts
Hi-Climber September 1939 Earl Stahl. Rubber sport flyer. This one looks like a really sweet flyer.
Old Apr 04, 2012, 11:36 PM
Joined Jul 2011
182 Posts
cougdave

more great plans these are really nice

THANKS for posting them
Ratracer is offline Find More Posts by Ratracer
Old Apr 05, 2012, 12:10 AM
United States, MA, Waltham
Joined Dec 2001
7,133 Posts
This one can be a surprisingly good flyer, indoors, if kept light. I think mine gets close to a minute, even with the lousy prop I carved. Very slow flight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cougdave View Post
Here is another

This is the Parlor fly. Not so sure of the date on this one, but pre war for sure. A small rubber powered plane for indoor flight that looks pretty simple to build.
lincoln is online now Find More Posts by lincoln
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 05, 2012, 01:28 AM
AMA 667982 KG7NKY
Tucson, AZ, USA
Joined Sep 2000
2,023 Posts
Well, bummer. I finally was able to get into the second box of old magazines. However, this one proved to be full of post 1960 issues so do not qualify to be posted here. Some really nice control line and older r/c designs that I did scan for my personal collection.

I'm going to try and get into the third box tomorrow and hope there is something in those issues worthwhile and post what I find.
starcad is offline Find More Posts by starcad
Old Apr 05, 2012, 04:05 AM
Perth WA
Joined Feb 2007
1,041 Posts
Submit them to Hip pocket Starcad. You post them we'll find 'em!
Modelholic is offline Find More Posts by Modelholic
Old Apr 05, 2012, 06:45 AM
Joined Feb 2011
33 Posts
Whitman Douglas TBD

It is good to see plans posted again. Here is a 22" Douglas TBD by Whitman
30560 is offline Find More Posts by 30560