SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 03:44 PM
Joined Sep 2007
48 Posts
Dust Collection Dust

I've also got one of those Delta two bagger dust collectors in the corner of my workshop - it is noisey and the bag passes very fine dust which literally covers everything in my shop. I'm now in the process of pouring a small pad outside and moving the #$%(* thing outa there. Perhaps it will help keep my shop clean. Have you had those problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by planeman View Post
Just a quick note to say that even though I haven't posted much lately and haven't done much new scanning and plan restoration, I keep up with this thread. I have been busy in my workshop making some shop modifications and cleaning up and polishing up some old equipment that sorely needs it. Its a pretty extensive shop and there is a lot to do. A photo montage of it is posted below. I will be back active here eventually.

And I hope Tri-pacer gets well soon!

Rufus ("Planeman")
Hey_You is offline Find More Posts by Hey_You
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 29, 2012, 04:32 PM
Sticks, Tissue & old Diesels
France, Centre, Amboise
Joined Nov 2011
1,722 Posts
Ted,
I haven't visited Derick's site this evening, but I downloaded his entire list not long ago...
Look at the "contents" section, find Skyleada (with an "a", with the "er", it's Stuart Uwins' RC systems!).
Under Skyleada (it was page 80 in my version), you'll find various headings like "CL", or rubber, etc. Look at "FF Sport" and you should find the "Point Five" (I did!).
Anyway, I'm sure Derick has the plan. If you email him, you should get a reply shortly.
Finally, as Derick points out, if you download his complete list in Word format (which is what I did), it allows you to do a Word search for whatever interests you (which is also what I did to provide my earlier answer).
Brian
brokenenglish is offline Find More Posts by brokenenglish
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 29, 2012, 04:38 PM
Northampton England
Joined Mar 2007
5 Posts
Nostalgier

Thanks Brian, I'll try that.
Teddy95 is offline Find More Posts by Teddy95
Old Mar 29, 2012, 05:54 PM
High Exalted Poohbah
Atlanta, GA USA
Joined Sep 2001
1,884 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey_You View Post
I've also got one of those Delta two bagger dust collectors in the corner of my workshop - it is noisey and the bag passes very fine dust which literally covers everything in my shop. I'm now in the process of pouring a small pad outside and moving the #$%(* thing outa there. Perhaps it will help keep my shop clean. Have you had those problems?
My Delta dust collector is a one-bagger that is only connected to my Hammer table saw which requires one. As a hobbiest and an old one at that, I don't make that much dust any more. I once did. I recall sanding down the main wing spar of a homebuilt sailplane with a belt sander many years ago and the dust was so heavy in the air it was like a dense fog. I was wearing a respirator so I wasn't worried until it suddenly came to mind that dust in the air could be explosive ( a number of farm silos and some grain elevators have gone down due to this over the years). I then thought of the pilot lights in the gas water heater and furnace and immediately stopped sanding and aired the basement out. I keep this in mind these days but most of my projects are smaller ones with not too much saw dust. I also have a Festool shop vacuum with a HEPA filter that I mostly use to clean up around the shop. I was just using it a few minutes ago. The only problem with an extensive shop is the extensive amount of time it requires cleaning up, chasing rust, and keeping machines in tune and sharp.

Rufus (Planeman)
planeman is offline Find More Posts by planeman
Old Mar 29, 2012, 08:36 PM
Ajax, Ontario, Canada
Joined Oct 2004
2,616 Posts
" "Point Five"

Teddy, if need be I'd be happy to have a print taken off my 'Point Five' plan next time at copyshop
JM
Applehoney is offline Find More Posts by Applehoney
Old Mar 30, 2012, 05:10 AM
Northampton England
Joined Mar 2007
5 Posts
point five

Thanks JM that's very kind, I may take you up on that If I can't get here in Britain, will let you know, Thanks again.
Teddy95 is offline Find More Posts by Teddy95
Old Mar 30, 2012, 07:40 AM
Bradford West Yorkshire, UK
Joined Apr 2010
1,721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer View Post
You and I don't disagree too often Brian, but I presume Aeromeddeler's comment was aimed at the response to the posting of the Veron Robot plan. Now, I love the Robot, indeed it was my first radio model, but if MY father had designed it, drawn it, kitted it and later carefully preserved it for all to enjoy by providing copies at VERY sensible prices when there WAS no Internet, and IF I had continued to provide the same service after his death, then I would, I think - no I KNOW - feel somewhat p****d off to see it gaily posted here. Do you think that would be an unreasonable feeling?
George, when are you going to realise that ALL designs on the RHS of the pond are fair game, but woebetide reciprocation of the LHS. It always turns into a pig sticking contest. Just look where British "Fair play" has got us over the last decade.

Regards Ian
Circlip is offline Find More Posts by Circlip
Old Mar 30, 2012, 08:13 AM
Australia
Joined Aug 2008
68 Posts
I'm not sure where copyright starts and ends. A lot of my models have been built from borrowed plans that someone else has purchased and loaned to me.
Is the act of loaning me a set of plans a copy right breach?
If you make a second set of plans you purchase, is that a copyright breach?
The plans that I posted here for the Taube are marked, quite clearly,
"All commercial rights reserved" my italics.

If I, or any one else copies them for non-commercial use or so they have a second copy for themself or scans them to use for a non-commercial use (such as loaning to fellow modeller or posting here at the request of a fellow modeller) , is that breaching copyright.
I'm not trying to stir the pot here, I simply don't know the answers.
hyphen1 is offline Find More Posts by hyphen1
Old Mar 30, 2012, 09:03 AM
Napa, CA
Joined May 2007
657 Posts
Trading plans between friends privately is fine. It's when you share them on a site like this, something that reaches "thousands" of people, that's where the problems set in. In addition, if you copy them and offer them for sale, that too will get you into problems. But just scanning your own plans for your own use, doesn't bring the "copyright police" to your door.
Remember, I'm talking about plans still under copyright.
As for this site, 1960 is the magic number to remember. Anything after that is a no-no.
tri-pacer is online now Find More Posts by tri-pacer
Old Mar 30, 2012, 09:12 AM
United States, NJ, Browns Mills
Joined May 2005
1,943 Posts
Good questions, Hyphen1. I wonder if it's even legal to make two models from one set of plans?

I'm split when it comes to these plans. I use them as references when designing my own models. I used to clip plans from magazines and keep them in a binder, so when I needed to figure out some technical issue, I could look at how others did it. I use plans from the Internet in the same manner.

On the other hand, having had my plans hijacked and published without my permission, I can agree with restricting the ones to be made available. The hijacking doesn't cost me any cash, but it is annoying, especially when I find my name has been edited off the plans or grossly miss-spelled.

The bottom line on all of this, though, is that we need to follow within the wishes of the site and the moderator. They, in turn, need to be mindful of the laws, which can be pretty confusing (considering some folks seem to think it's alright to prosecute people for doing what's legal in their homelands, but not in mine).

CD
Captain Dunsel is offline Find More Posts by Captain Dunsel
Old Mar 30, 2012, 11:12 AM
AMA 667982 KG7NKY
Tucson, AZ, USA
Joined Sep 2000
2,025 Posts
Been there, done that, got that wet tee shirt, CD.
starcad is online now Find More Posts by starcad
Old Mar 30, 2012, 03:22 PM
Valencia, CA
Joined Oct 2002
3,738 Posts
Quote:
You and I don't disagree too often Brian, but I presume Aeromeddeler's comment was aimed at the response to the posting of the Veron Robot plan. Now, I love the Robot, indeed it was my first radio model, but if MY father had designed it, drawn it, kitted it and later carefully preserved it for all to enjoy by providing copies at VERY sensible prices when there WAS no Internet, and IF I had continued to provide the same service after his death, then I would, I think - no I KNOW - feel somewhat p****d off to see it gaily posted here. Do you think that would be an unreasonable feeling?
Shortly after 'discovering' ebay, I made copies of printwood and plans for several Berkeley kits I had in a stash from my teen years. One of them was the DeHaviland Beaver designed by Paul DelGatto. I listed it on Ebay as the Paul DelGatto designed Beaver.

Shortly after I listed it, I got an e-mail from Paul DelGatto's daughter. She wasn't really angry about my posting a copy of the plan for sale, but was interested in getting a copy if possible. She said that the family had almost no examples of his work, because he had sold his designs to the kit companies or the model magazines. I made copies and sent them to her, but it made me feel bad and I stopped selling any of them.

Pete G.
P_J_Glor is offline Find More Posts by P_J_Glor
Old Mar 30, 2012, 03:24 PM
Pencil grip
Olympia, WA
Joined Feb 2008
1,237 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_J_Glor View Post
Shortly after 'discovering' ebay, I made copies of printwood and plans for several Berkeley kits I had in a stash from my teen years. One of them was the DeHaviland Beaver designed by Paul DelGatto. I listed it on Ebay as the Paul DelGatto designed Beaver.

Shortly after I listed it, I got an e-mail from Paul DelGatto's daughter. She wasn't really angry about my posting a copy of the plan for sale, but was interested in getting a copy if possible. She said that the family had almost no examples of his work, because he had sold his designs to the kit companies or the model magazines. I made copies and sent them to her, but it made me feel bad and I stopped selling any of them.

Pete G.
So would this be an awkward time to admit that I'd LOVE a copy of the Beaver plans?
hoffboy is offline Find More Posts by hoffboy
Old Mar 30, 2012, 03:45 PM
AMA 8711, FCC K4WZA
Salem, SC
Joined Mar 2003
524 Posts
Berkeley DeHavilland Beaver by Paul Del Gatto

The index shows this plan & parts posted at post nmbrs 125 & 1778.

-Dave
DPlumpe is offline Find More Posts by DPlumpe
Old Mar 30, 2012, 07:20 PM
Soulles Normandy France
Joined Feb 2011
607 Posts
Quote:
Actually they were aimed at the way every few posts up comes the same old same `O` . There are lots of plans here post 1960, including some of mine, so why all of a sudden are starcads posts complained about. Orange and white is the groups moderator if you have a problem talk to him first as we now seem to have every other member acting as C*******t police. Now lets look at the Vernon situation there are postings of all the Vernon flying scale subjects with printwood plus other vernon plans already posted on this site and on the hippocket site and now you complain. Colin did post on this forum some time back and I agree if he has copyright and wants to enforce it that is right and proper but so far he seems not to and I am sure no one has asked him. Now whether he has any rights over the Keil Kraft is debatable as Replikit were selling them and Amerang had but one objection and that was the use of the Keil Kraft logo as long as they were sold with replikit logo Amerang were not bothered.
The group has become obsessed with dates and copyright. Yes copyright is important but look at the dates of the plans posted on Hippocket, http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1534053, and outerzone. Many of these magazines and kit manufactures have gone out of production. Perhaps Hippocket has the best solution were all plans submitted are moderated first.
aeromeddeler is offline Find More Posts by aeromeddeler