SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 04:13 AM
Perth WA
Joined Feb 2007
1,037 Posts
No wonder it's a gem - it carries the signature of one Harold Towner!
Modelholic is offline Find More Posts by Modelholic
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 29, 2012, 05:51 AM
Soulles Normandy France
Joined Feb 2011
607 Posts
Just returned to the forum after a few day back in the UK. Its so nice to see the copyright police have taken over the forum again its so much better than looking at boring plans
aeromeddeler is offline Find More Posts by aeromeddeler
Old Mar 29, 2012, 07:59 AM
United States, TX, Kerrville
Joined Dec 2007
161 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeromeddeler View Post
Just returned to the forum after a few day back in the UK. Its so nice to see the copyright police have taken over the forum again its so much better than looking at boring plans
This thread is still open.. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1555831 just verify its not under copyright and it should be fine no matter the date
ripplewave is online now Find More Posts by ripplewave
Old Mar 29, 2012, 08:43 AM
Sticks, Tissue & old Diesels
France, Centre, Amboise
Joined Nov 2011
1,519 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeromeddeler View Post
Its so nice to see the copyright police have taken over the forum again its so much better than looking at boring plans
I like it!!! Great!
brokenenglish is offline Find More Posts by brokenenglish
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 29, 2012, 08:47 AM
Gulf Breeze, FL
Joined Jul 2006
2,888 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripplewave View Post
This thread is still open.. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1555831 just verify its not under copyright and it should be fine no matter the date
"Open".....? Thats funny!!

Gene K
speedy01 is offline Find More Posts by speedy01
Old Mar 29, 2012, 09:35 AM
I like real wooden aeroplanes!
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
4,544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenenglish View Post
I like it!!! Great!
You and I don't disagree too often Brian, but I presume Aeromeddeler's comment was aimed at the response to the posting of the Veron Robot plan. Now, I love the Robot, indeed it was my first radio model, but if MY father had designed it, drawn it, kitted it and later carefully preserved it for all to enjoy by providing copies at VERY sensible prices when there WAS no Internet, and IF I had continued to provide the same service after his death, then I would, I think - no I KNOW - feel somewhat p****d off to see it gaily posted here. Do you think that would be an unreasonable feeling?
Sundancer is offline Find More Posts by Sundancer
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 29, 2012, 10:46 AM
Joined Aug 2011
183 Posts
Yawn.
Luke S is offline Find More Posts by Luke S
Old Mar 29, 2012, 10:49 AM
France, Centre, Amboise
Joined Nov 2011
1,519 Posts
Sorry George, I totally agree with your Phil/Colin Smith sentiments, but I wasn't even aware of any Robot controversy. I took Aeromeddeler's comment to be a general one, related to many posts seen on the thread and which are more down to a pedantic wanting to make a fuss than to international legal realities.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 29, 2012, 10:57 AM
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
4,544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenenglish View Post
Sorry George, I totally agree with your Phil/Colin Smith sentiments, but I wasn't even aware of any Robot controversy. I took Aeromeddeler's comment to be a general one, related to many posts seen on the thread and which are more down to a pedantic wanting to make a fuss than to international legal realities.
Fair enough, Brian

And Luke - so good to see you back with your incisive, penetrating and thoughtful comments.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 29, 2012, 12:17 PM
Joined Aug 2011
183 Posts
The "Yawn" was directed at the subject in question, namely the usual bleating about copyright. I'm sorry you're so vain as to take it personally. But never mind, it's all water under the bridge.
Luke S is offline Find More Posts by Luke S
Old Mar 29, 2012, 12:29 PM
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
4,544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke S View Post
The "Yawn" was directed at the subject in question, namely the usual bleating about copyright. I'm sorry you're so vain as to take it personally. But never mind, it's all water under the bridge.
Gosh, some people just won't accept a compliment.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 29, 2012, 01:19 PM
Northampton England
Joined Mar 2007
5 Posts
Nostalgier

In about 1959 my mate and i built a "point five" cabin FF with a 0.5 dart engine, about 30 inch wingspan, we put too much fuel in it and it flew away on It's first flight, It may have been a contest Kits model but I'm not sure.
Does anyone remember It, or better still have a plan?.

Thanks in advance
Ted
Teddy95 is offline Find More Posts by Teddy95
Old Mar 29, 2012, 02:23 PM
France, Centre, Amboise
Joined Nov 2011
1,519 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy95 View Post
In about 1959 my mate and i built a "point five" cabin FF with a 0.5 dart engine, about 30 inch wingspan, we put too much fuel in it and it flew away on It's first flight, It may have been a contest Kits model but I'm not sure.
Does anyone remember It, or better still have a plan?.

Thanks in advance
Ted
The "Point five" (31" span) was a Skyleada kit and Derick Scott has the plan at www.model-plans.co.uk
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 29, 2012, 02:33 PM
Northampton England
Joined Mar 2007
5 Posts
Nostalgier

FANTASTIC!!! Thank you very much.
Ted.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 02:39 PM
Northampton England
Joined Mar 2007
5 Posts
Nostalgier

Just looked at Derick's plan site and cant see it listed under skyleader, so I thought perhaps he hasn't listed it yet, try'd his E-mail link but doesn't seem to be working, any Idea's.
Ted.