SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 10:21 AM
Saint Denis France
Joined Apr 2002
193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrianh View Post
Hi Folks.
Here is my rendition of the P E Norman Javahawk. It is modified for edf/ r/c with elevons and elevator, so a choice of pitch control options. Weight is 1 oz more than the free flight version, and 6oz less than the RC version of the day and is built as per the plan with silk and dope covering and coloured tissue trim. The maiden is coming soon.
Ady
Hi Adrian,

NIce plane and nice idea. When I was a bit younger, say by 1955, I owned and flew, a Veron La 17 free flight, now she is a real vintage. I dream looking the Phil Smith plan to built an other one, radio-asisted, I am just looking for the impeller.

The Royal Mail and the french Poste loosed the original impeller Chris Gold send me sometime ago

Bernard
Dereudre Bernar is offline Find More Posts by Dereudre Bernar
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 23, 2012, 08:30 PM
Canada, NB, Moncton
Joined Apr 2011
38 Posts
Freshman Trainer Plans

Quote:
Originally Posted by night fox View Post
any one can help ? i'm looking for plan called "chief dum dum" or "chief dum hum" and "freshman trainer" by top flite......
thankyou before......................
Are you still looking for a set of plans for the Top Flite Freshman Trainer as I have these.
Creative RC is offline Find More Posts by Creative RC
Old Mar 23, 2012, 09:47 PM
Cincinnati, Ohio
Joined May 2002
622 Posts
Thanks, found it when I looked again ???????
rszanti is offline Find More Posts by rszanti
Old Mar 23, 2012, 11:02 PM
semarang ,indonesia
Joined Mar 2006
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creative RC View Post
Are you still looking for a set of plans for the Top Flite Freshman Trainer as I have these.

....yeah.....i'm still looking for it..., can you upload it here ?.........thankyou verymuch before.........
night fox is offline Find More Posts by night fox
Old Mar 24, 2012, 04:55 AM
United Kingdom, Tonbridge
Joined Oct 2011
190 Posts
Pete's Plank

My first offering of the week is Pete's Plank from the July 1951 Aeromodeller. It is a flying wing (and not a lot else) powered by any motors between 1cc (ED Bee) and 1.5cc (Allbon Javelin). It was designed by Pete Wyatt and with it he even achieved the accolade of British Record Holder. No mean feat indeed.

As always with my tracing please take care if you decide to use it.

Al
hogal is online now Find More Posts by hogal
Old Mar 24, 2012, 05:36 AM
Model Designer
United Kingdom, England, Burnley
Joined Apr 2001
5,495 Posts
Adrian,

FANtastic Javahawk ( I know - sorry about that ) - my favourite P.E.Norman plan is the Epee, and somewhere - I have a crude copy of the plans...

Warren,

You can build SMALLER models for small EDF's - but they are more noisy than diesels !
I have a couple of brushless 30mm fans somewhere - but nowhere to fly model aircraft at the moment...!

Keven
keven64 is offline Find More Posts by keven64
Old Mar 24, 2012, 05:56 AM
United Kingdom, Tonbridge
Joined Oct 2011
190 Posts
Javahawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrianh View Post
Hi Folks.
Here is my rendition of the P E Norman Javahawk. It is modified for edf/ r/c with elevons and elevator, so a choice of pitch control options. Weight is 1 oz more than the free flight version, and 6oz less than the RC version of the day and is built as per the plan with silk and dope covering and coloured tissue trim. The maiden is coming soon.
Ady
After seeing Ady's plane the choice for the second plan of the week really didn't take a lot of decision making. Coming from the August 1959 Aeromodeller it is somewhat out of sequence but I'm sure the majority won't be complaining too loud. As the design needs no introduction best just get on with it.

As always please use care if you decide to use the plan.

Al
hogal is online now Find More Posts by hogal
Old Mar 24, 2012, 06:17 AM
Australia
Joined Aug 2008
68 Posts
G'day all, I've built, flown and fallen in love with the Buzzard Bombshell. Does anyone have or could I get directed to a 1/2 A Buzzard plan, called the Baby Buzzard I think?
hyphen1 is offline Find More Posts by hyphen1
Old Mar 24, 2012, 06:27 AM
RFJ
Northern Ireland
Joined Dec 2004
1,562 Posts
Hyphen,

One version of the Baby Buzzard was published in the May 1974 issue of RCM so is a bit recent to post on this forum. However if you PM me your e-mail address I can send you a scan of the plan/article.

Ray
RFJ is offline Find More Posts by RFJ
Last edited by RFJ; Mar 24, 2012 at 07:08 AM.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 06:28 AM
Australia
Joined Aug 2008
68 Posts
G'day all, I've built, flown and fallen in love with the Buzzard Bombshell. Does anyone have or could I get directed to a 1/2 A Buzzard plan, called the Baby Buzzard I think?
Old Mar 24, 2012, 07:51 AM
Australia
Joined Aug 2008
68 Posts
Thanks Ray, those plans and article are just what I hoped for.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 11:53 AM
Ελλάδα, Ανατολική Μακεδονία Θράκη, Βιστωνίδα
Joined Jul 2006
722 Posts
Free Flying Sport plane.
Miss America II
Wingspan 20in.Up

Elijah Greece
hlsat is offline Find More Posts by hlsat
Old Mar 24, 2012, 01:43 PM
Chatteris, Cambs, UK
Joined Dec 2005
711 Posts
Hi Folks,
Its good to see you online again Keven. Sorry to hear you've no flying site at present. I hope that's remedied soon.
The day of reconing came and went. The maiden flight went ahead and she's still in one piece. Hand launching is a little tricky with the wide fuselage, and in the air she handles acceptably. Does have a distinct wing rock at low speed and will spin if slowed down with any power applied, but thankfully comes out after a couple of turns.
Here's a couple of pics from today.

Ady
Adrianh is offline Find More Posts by Adrianh
Old Mar 24, 2012, 02:07 PM
Addicted to building...
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,997 Posts
Ady,

Very sweet looking photos. Also a sunny day in the UK! Perfect combination I'm sure. I might have to bash one of those Javahawk's into an EDF one day soon!

Fred
Freddie B is offline Find More Posts by Freddie B
Old Mar 24, 2012, 03:02 PM
Balsa breaks better
Buchanan Mi
Joined Apr 2005
2,107 Posts
Ady,
Nice looking model and shirt!
Does "Free Four" sound about right for this thread?

Joe
Thermaler is offline Find More Posts by Thermaler