HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 03:13 PM
United Kingdom, Tonbridge
Joined Oct 2011
190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Dawg View Post
Damn Youngsters ....

I'm with you Deputy!!!!!

Al
hogal is offline Find More Posts by hogal
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 21, 2012, 03:27 PM
I like real wooden aeroplanes!
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
4,773 Posts
Gosh, I can remember, just, being 51! That was about 120 models ago! Nothing used to ache then. Can't really picture how that felt now!
Sundancer is offline Find More Posts by Sundancer
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 21, 2012, 04:00 PM
OCD: Old, Cranky and Disgusted
United States, TX, Sweetwater
Joined Mar 2005
1,612 Posts
Does it help my case that my first radio was an Ace RO Stomper?

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Dawg View Post
Damn Youngsters ....

challenger_i is offline Find More Posts by challenger_i
Old Mar 21, 2012, 04:49 PM
Joined Jul 2011
182 Posts
Ace r/c

Hi challenger

Are you talking about these I had two of them. one in Jr Falcon the other in a Mini Mambo and I only just turned 49 last month.

I had blast flying these little airplanes I remember losing the Falcon one summer in the cattails of a near by swamp but found it quickly just had to listen for the clickedy-click coming from the Stomper actuator.

That next summer I steped up to a EK lodgatrol 3 channel Lil red brick radio i put this in a Midwest 50'' Esquire
Ratracer is offline Find More Posts by Ratracer
Last edited by Ratracer; Mar 21, 2012 at 05:10 PM.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 06:43 PM
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Nov 2008
196 Posts
you must have been about 8 years old!!!
mikempp is offline Find More Posts by mikempp
Old Mar 21, 2012, 06:56 PM
AMA 667982 KG7NKY
Tucson, AZ, USA
Joined Sep 2000
2,002 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratracer View Post
I believe, regrettably, that the answer is yes.

this can all start with just one knucklehead that won't follow the thread rules for no (post 1960) plans. so he gets him self shutdown. now that hes had his whittle bitty feelings hurt and having nothing better to do he starts hitting that magic moderators button and then the fun begains.

Starcad thank you for all the great plans you have been posting lately some real gems there my my friend. we all hope to see more in the future seriously man 1963 you couldn't see that coming.

Urfin plans dated 1975 are just to new for posting due to possable copyright infingements anything after the year of 1960 is not allowed and likely to bring even more trouble. this thread was set up for pre 1960 plans posting only.

No worries, that is why I added that little disclaimer on the first one. I voluntarily took them down and left an area where those that wish to download them could do so. No feelings hurt I guarantee as I knew I was pushing the limit. That was the last magazine in the box and I wanted to be finished with that box.

Guy
starcad is online now Find More Posts by starcad
Old Mar 21, 2012, 07:05 PM
Just Me
United States, OR, Salem
Joined Apr 2006
842 Posts
Quote:
Hi challenger

Are you talking about these I had two of them. one in Jr Falcon the other in a Mini Mambo and I only just turned 49 last month.

I had blast flying these little airplanes I remember losing the Falcon one summer in the cattails of a near by swamp but found it quickly just had to listen for the clickedy-click coming from the Stomper actuator.

That next summer I steped up to a EK lodgatrol 3 channel Lil red brick radio i put this in a Midwest 50'' Esquire
Dang, you had it made....you had a "REAL" stick to work with....my first one had a door bell button....lol
Brner is online now Find More Posts by Brner
Old Mar 21, 2012, 07:22 PM
Perth WA
Joined Feb 2007
1,041 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddie B View Post

A seperate thread of just 'plans' is a very good idea, and a novel name with warnings about known copyright issues to be avoided would be almost as good as this one.

Fred
That is truly an excellent idea - but in which forum should it be placed?
Modelholic is offline Find More Posts by Modelholic
Old Mar 21, 2012, 09:06 PM
Joined Jul 2011
182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikempp View Post
you must have been about 8 years old!!!
A little older I was 13 it was 1976
Ratracer is offline Find More Posts by Ratracer
Last edited by Ratracer; Mar 21, 2012 at 09:23 PM.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 10:11 PM
OCD: Old, Cranky and Disgusted
United States, TX, Sweetwater
Joined Mar 2005
1,612 Posts
75 is when I bought mine. Still have a couple of the Ace units around, and have been toying with the idea of using them. (Then, I wake up, and change my mind!)
challenger_i is offline Find More Posts by challenger_i
Old Mar 22, 2012, 12:00 AM
Power Upward
United States, OR, Albany
Joined Jun 2007
1,308 Posts
I remember 1976, that's when I enlisted into the USAF
GeorgeG97322 is online now Find More Posts by GeorgeG97322
Old Mar 22, 2012, 12:09 AM
Tallahassee, FL
Joined Sep 2009
1,551 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modelholic View Post
That is truly an excellent idea - but in which forum should it be placed?
Aircraft - General
Turner2 is offline Find More Posts by Turner2
Old Mar 22, 2012, 02:36 AM
Ashford. Kent. England
Joined Feb 2005
6,908 Posts
Perhaps there is a legal way, a disclaimer or something, the site can use, to move any copyright infringement problem back over to the poster of the problem plan...
Its certainly not fair that the site may cop any trouble because a member posts a plan that might be copyrighted ..
The site cannot check every post

With a lawsuit for damages a person might claim that his plan sells for $10 each and you've had 5000 downloads so you owe me $50000 on my copyrighted plan..
just look at early download numbers, its not inconceivable..

Its not a problem anyone wants to cause or be involved in.. so have a care
davereap is offline Find More Posts by davereap
Last edited by davereap; Mar 22, 2012 at 02:47 AM.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 05:23 AM
South Africa, GP, Krugersdorp
Joined May 2011
85 Posts
Quote:
Hi challenger

Hi Ratracer

You are bringing back memories, my first radio was an ACE Commande '72 which I used on a couple of Paul Runge's designs and the second was an EK LRB which I used on both the Midewest all foam Cardinal and a CG Ranger 42.

Had hours of fun on all of these.

Cheers

SrFalcon
SrFalcon is offline Find More Posts by SrFalcon
Old Mar 22, 2012, 05:45 AM
Turkey
Joined May 2002
2,178 Posts
I still have one of these Ace Pulse receivers with a double magnet actuator. I had built the transmitter from scratch myself - it was fun flying a rudder only Cox 0.02 plane. I had disassembled the transmitter for modifications, but did not turn around to assemble it again.

By the way I am turning 60 in a few weeks

Later on I had built a Ace Digital Commander system (transmitter) clone. The transmitter was homebuilt, the receiver was assembled from an Ace kit but modified for 4 servos, servos were Simprop servo mechanics with homebuilt servo electronics (discrete, with 8 transistors). I later on sold that system along with the trainer model.

Bulent
bmutlugil is offline Find More Posts by bmutlugil