HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 12:12 PM
United States, OH, Galena
Joined Jul 2003
1,706 Posts
Edwin Stoffel is well-known as the designer of the famous Wakefield model called "Aristocrat". Another of his designs, which I find even more attractive is his 1949 Flight Cup Winner. Enjoy the article and full-size plan!
JMP_blackfoot is online now Find More Posts by JMP_blackfoot
Last edited by JMP_blackfoot; Mar 20, 2012 at 12:28 PM. Reason: uploaded pdf full-size plan
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 20, 2012, 03:42 PM
United Kingdom, Tonbridge
Joined Oct 2011
190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by urfin View Post
Who could better quality scan this drawing and article? Thanks in advance!

Source - Aeromodeller - November, 1957
Urfin,

Hope this will do. If you do decide to use the plan it is a racing from the original scan so please take care.

The Cougar was designed by T. Stoker for use in the 1956 Gold Trophy but had fuel feed problems on the day (not an uncommon occurrence I know). She has a wingspan of 45" and is designed with a motor of .19 to .29 in mind. All in all a beautiful example of the British Stunter in vogue at that time - before the Fox 35 ruled the roost.

Al
hogal is offline Find More Posts by hogal
Old Mar 20, 2012, 07:11 PM
AMA 667982 KG7NKY
Tucson, AZ, USA
Joined Sep 2000
2,003 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogal View Post
Urfin,

Hope this will do. If you do decide to use the plan it is a racing from the original scan so please take care.

The Cougar was designed by T. Stoker for use in the 1956 Gold Trophy but had fuel feed problems on the day (not an uncommon occurrence I know). She has a wingspan of 45" and is designed with a motor of .19 to .29 in mind. All in all a beautiful example of the British Stunter in vogue at that time - before the Fox 35 ruled the roost.

Al
As always Al, great work, however I do miss the color.
starcad is offline Find More Posts by starcad
Old Mar 21, 2012, 12:46 AM
Balsa/Foam dustman
Brisbane Australia
Joined Dec 2007
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrubs View Post
Eisinger did a Sky Rocket in 1940. Other than that I strike out.

scrubs
I had a sky rocket years ago (before it was taken by the sky gods) but had lost the plan so looked on clarich site and that was the only one listed.

Post you Sky rockets I may have the wrong designer
Thanks
hitchingbar is offline Find More Posts by hitchingbar
Old Mar 21, 2012, 02:02 AM
Vertically Challenged...
Ash Vale Hampshire UK
Joined Jul 2004
345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by starcad View Post
As always Al, great work, however I do miss the color.
I don't miss the colour but I second the great work (as usual)

Bert
Cody's Neighbour is offline Find More Posts by Cody's Neighbour
Old Mar 21, 2012, 02:45 AM
Ukraine
Joined May 2007
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogal View Post
Urfin,

Al
Hogal, thank you very much!!! Excellent work.
urfin is offline Find More Posts by urfin
Old Mar 21, 2012, 03:31 AM
Ukraine
Joined May 2007
12 Posts
Ilyushin IL-2
Control line, engine 2,5 c.c.
urfin is offline Find More Posts by urfin
Last edited by urfin; Mar 21, 2012 at 09:06 AM.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 04:05 AM
Model Designer
United Kingdom, England, Burnley
Joined Apr 2001
5,499 Posts
Quote:
Starcad said
Well sorry folks, someone has objected to these designs being after 1960 so I will regretfully remove them.
Why is it that only the recent post-'60 plan submissions have been objected to ?

There are many post 1960 plans here ( the previous post, for example ! ) - some were posted right from the start...
... and no-one has complained about those - to date.
At least - none have been removed.

Has a precedent now been set ?

Keven.
keven64 is offline Find More Posts by keven64
Old Mar 21, 2012, 06:47 AM
Ελλάδα, Ανατολική Μακεδονία Θράκη, Βιστωνίδα
Joined Jul 2006
760 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keven64 View Post
Why is it that only the recent post-'60 plan submissions have been objected to ?

There are many post 1960 plans here ( the previous post, for example ! ) - some were posted right from the start...

Keven.
+ 1000
hlsat is online now Find More Posts by hlsat
Old Mar 21, 2012, 08:14 AM
Joined Jul 2011
182 Posts
Will boys and girls here we go again

Quote:
Originally Posted by keven64 View Post

Keven.
I believe, regrettably, that the answer is yes.

this can all start with just one knucklehead that won't follow the thread rules for no (post 1960) plans. so he gets him self shutdown. now that hes had his whittle bitty feelings hurt and having nothing better to do he starts hitting that magic moderators button and then the fun begains.

Starcad thank you for all the great plans you have been posting lately some real gems there my my friend. we all hope to see more in the future seriously man 1963 you couldn't see that coming.

Urfin plans dated 1975 are just to new for posting due to possable copyright infingements anything after the year of 1960 is not allowed and likely to bring even more trouble. this thread was set up for pre 1960 plans posting only.
Ratracer is offline Find More Posts by Ratracer
Last edited by Ratracer; Mar 21, 2012 at 08:50 AM.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 09:08 AM
Joined Jul 2011
182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlsat View Post
+ 1000
No Elijah. not quite that many out of roughly ten thousand plans I think your off by about nine thousand nine hundred eighty.
Ratracer is offline Find More Posts by Ratracer
Old Mar 21, 2012, 09:33 AM
I like real wooden aeroplanes!
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
4,778 Posts
Although it doesn't offend me in the slightest to see post 1960 plans here, as the rules for this particular thread do specify pre 1960, is there any way the title of the thread can be altered from "Vintage and Old Time Plans" to "PRE-1960 Only Vintage and Old Timer Plans"? In this way people wouldn't come across the thread and start posting newer plans due to lack of knowledge of the rules. I have no idea how this could be achieved but it surely must be possible?

I am sure there are a lot of post 1960 plans which are both interesting and not subject to potential copyright problems, and I would welcome seeing them posted in a separate thread headed accordingly.
Sundancer is online now Find More Posts by Sundancer
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 21, 2012, 09:39 AM
Addicted to building...
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,998 Posts
I agree that with almost 400 pages anyone new to the thread would probably not go study up on rules before getting excited to share a plan they may love.

Anything past 1960 is not really vintage in the sense of the word, but possibly old time since 52 years is a decent age that not all of us get to. Notice I didn't say old timer!

A seperate thread of just 'plans' is a very good idea, and a novel name with warnings about known copyright issues to be avoided would be almost as good as this one.

Fred

EDIT: Happy Birthday to challenger_1 (see post below)!
Freddie B is offline Find More Posts by Freddie B
Last edited by Freddie B; Mar 21, 2012 at 01:04 PM.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 01:02 PM
OCD: Old, Cranky and Disgusted
United States, TX, Sweetwater
Joined Mar 2005
1,612 Posts
Freddie, I'm glad you clarified that statement, as I turned 51 Monday! :P
challenger_i is offline Find More Posts by challenger_i
Old Mar 21, 2012, 01:19 PM
AMA 105167
United States, CA, Stockton
Joined Jan 2003
1,034 Posts