HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 06:27 AM
United Kingdom, Tonbridge
Joined Oct 2011
199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenenglish View Post
The Icarus Senior wingspan may not be quoted in the original article, but it is given as 67" in the various "fifties" Plans Handbooks.
Here's one vote for keeping your drawings the way YOU prefer!!!
The original model, presented like that, with no needless and unauthentic personal mods, is fantastic. We even have Aeromeddeler & Co catering for a few ol' fools like me who're still hooked on Hatfull, Dean & Coasby. So my firm opinion is that, collectively, you're doing a great job. Don't change anything!!!
P.S. I've just noticed that we don't seem to have a Pushycat...
What - no Pushy Cat. One of my favourites, designed by a hero, Vic Smeed, and even featured on the front of an Aeromodeller - an accolade of the highest order.

We had best correct that then:
hogal is offline Find More Posts by hogal
Last edited by hogal; Mar 11, 2012 at 07:39 AM. Reason: GVuess who can't spell Aeromodeller!!!
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 11, 2012, 06:41 AM
Got Foam?
United States, TN, Greeneville
Joined Sep 2011
283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogal View Post
What - no Pushy Cat. One of my favourites, designed by a hero, Vic Smeed, and even featured on the front of an Aeromoddler - an accolade of the highest order.

We had best correct that then:
I scoured that web looking for this one a few days ago with no luck and just remembered to ask. I guess someone read my mind
mjcmyers is offline Find More Posts by mjcmyers
Old Mar 11, 2012, 11:08 AM
Soulles Normandy France
Joined Feb 2011
607 Posts
Quote:
P.S. I've just noticed that we don't seem to have a Pushycat...
Tut Tut
Not using the Vinplandex http://www.outerzone.co.uk/vinplandex/index.asp

Pushy cat posted by algy 1 way back in post http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=5302

only difference was algy never scaleup to full size but posts were always in high enough res to enable this to be done.
aeromeddeler is offline Find More Posts by aeromeddeler
Old Mar 11, 2012, 11:16 AM
Sticks, Tissue & old Diesels
France, Centre, Amboise
Joined Nov 2011
1,722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeromeddeler View Post
Tut Tut
Not using the Vinplandex http://www.outerzone.co.uk/vinplandex/index.asp

Pushy cat posted by algy 1 way back in post http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=5302
Actually, I went into Outerzone and searched on "Vic Smeed".
Pushycat wasn't in the resulting list. Of course, it's just possible that I may have made a slight error somewhere!!!
It still seems to be a prime subject for a Hogal masterpiece...
brokenenglish is offline Find More Posts by brokenenglish
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 11, 2012, 12:17 PM
WMD
Bradford, UK
Joined Jan 2010
1,251 Posts
Quote:
Pushycat wasn't in the resulting list. Of course, it's just possible that I may have made a slight error somewhere!!!
I think the difference between Outerzone and VinPlanDex is not as clear as it could be. That is my fault, and also compounded by the fact that VinPlanDex is in reality just a folder inside the Outerzone domain. So even the addresses are not that clear.

Whats the difference between VinPlanDex and Outerzone?

VinPlanDex is is an exhaustive and complete index of every plan that has ever been posted on this thread.

By comparison, Outerzone is a slightly disorganised and random collection of plans, available for download in PDF format. Outerzone does not include all the plans posted in this thread. At a guess, only about 80%. If I can't generate a good quality full size PDF plan from it, I don't use it. Also of course some plans are not from this thread. Also again, some are direct submissions.

Basically, if you want to check whether say the Pushy Cat has ever ben posted, that's VinPlanDex. If you want to try and find and download the fullsize plan, that's Outerzone.

Steve
WMD is online now Find More Posts by WMD
Old Mar 11, 2012, 01:35 PM
Wanted for breaking OHM's law
United States, MI, Canton
Joined Sep 2002
1,754 Posts
Wanted to subscribe so I can find this thread again to search for plans....great stuff!
Dennis Sumner is online now Find More Posts by Dennis Sumner
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Throw Gauge
Old Mar 11, 2012, 02:22 PM
Ajax, Ontario, Canada
Joined Oct 2004
2,616 Posts
>would be truly impressive flying, as they recommend, on 100 foot lines.

Way way back in the '50s, on a warm flat-calm summer evening, I had the pleasure of flying a friends' Coasby 'Taurus'/ McCoy 60 combo on 100' lines. The model was so uncommonly far away it could be 'placed' in the air exactly where it was wanted ... and wingovers were awesome. Left a lasting impression with me.
Applehoney is online now Find More Posts by Applehoney
Old Mar 11, 2012, 05:32 PM
Soulles Normandy France
Joined Feb 2011
607 Posts
[QUOTE=WMD;21002455
Whats the difference between VinPlanDex and Outerzone?

VinPlanDex is is an exhaustive and complete index of every plan that has ever been posted on this thread.

By comparison, Outerzone is a slightly disorganised and random collection of plans, available for download in PDF format.
Steve[/QUOTE]

Steve has not mentioned another difference that many may still not be aware of, for one reason or another not every poster want to post in this forum so you must regularly check the outerzone site for direct submissions. These plans do not appear in this thread. I notice some have been purloined and posted on the hippocket site, shows how good they are.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 06:05 PM
Soulles Normandy France
Joined Feb 2011
607 Posts
Model Aircraft September 1952

Skyline Kitten 44" span FF sport

Bismark 50" span all weather contest glider

The only other two Model Aircraft Magazines I have from 1952 are the January and May editions, the plans from which I have already posted.
Last edited by aeromeddeler; Mar 11, 2012 at 06:15 PM.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 06:29 PM
Joined Mar 2007
1,115 Posts
I rather like that Skyline Kitten.
bogbeagle is offline Find More Posts by bogbeagle
Old Mar 11, 2012, 06:45 PM
Soulles Normandy France
Joined Feb 2011
607 Posts
Quote:
It was indeed a much better rendition of the plan the the one already posted. Now for those who do not like Hogal`s multicoloured swap shop masterpieces it is possible to return to black and white. Perhaps the best way is to print the pdf to a new PDF from the original PDF using something like cutePDF (free) and the settings shown in the picture.

It can also be done with either Photoshop or Gimp. I Know others in the group use other graphic software and I am sure these can do it as well.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 08:20 PM
New Zealand, Waikato, Hamilton
Joined Oct 2011
24 Posts
Fledgling

While we are on the subject of great old Aeromodeller plans, does anyone have the Fledgling design by Cyril Shaw - a small shoulder wing FF from the early 1950s?
Silver742 is offline Find More Posts by Silver742
Old Mar 12, 2012, 12:39 AM
Mt Evelyn, Melbourne, OZ
Joined Dec 2008
664 Posts
here you go.
Warren B is online now Find More Posts by Warren B
Old Mar 12, 2012, 01:08 AM
United Kingdom, Tonbridge
Joined Oct 2011
199 Posts
Fledgling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver742 View Post
While we are on the subject of great old Aeromodeller plans, does anyone have the Fledgling design by Cyril Shaw - a small shoulder wing FF from the early 1950s?
Here she is in glorious Technicolor as they used to say. If you use my tracing to build from please remember about measuring, checking, measure again and then think about cutting.

While I'm here thanks to Aeromeddeler for loading those scans from the Model Aircraft, to all those that have offered to help, and to everybody who has expressed an opinion on the colour/black and white question, please keep the votes coming in.

Al
hogal is offline Find More Posts by hogal
Old Mar 12, 2012, 01:37 AM
AMA 667982 KG7NKY
Tucson, AZ, USA
Joined Sep 2000
2,025 Posts
Flying Aces - July 1938 - David Grant - Vultee 11GB

Oops! double post. See next page
starcad is online now Find More Posts by starcad
Last edited by starcad; Mar 12, 2012 at 01:43 AM.