HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 01:51 PM
Scott R/C Time Pilot
NorthBend/Coos Bay,Oregon USA
Joined Dec 2009
1,492 Posts
Hi folks.
I am looking for plans for Vic Smeed's Soubrette.
Anyone out there have it?

Thank you

Scott
orange&white is offline Find More Posts by orange&white
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 13, 2010, 02:05 PM
Gravity gets me down.
United States, WI, Milwaukee
Joined Oct 2004
2,070 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange&white View Post
Hi folks.
I am looking for plans for Vic Smeed's Soubrette.
Anyone out there have it?

Thank you

Scott
a pic here- http://aeromodelismovolarlibremente....vic-smeed.html

Enough info for a redraw.
wingbeat is online now Find More Posts by wingbeat
Old Oct 13, 2010, 02:27 PM
The windy west coast of Sweden
Joined Sep 2008
2,887 Posts
I found these photos of Soubrette on my hard drive. I think this is Mr Smeed himself...(?)

Gluehand is offline Find More Posts by Gluehand
Old Oct 13, 2010, 02:39 PM
UK, Coventry
Joined Aug 2005
537 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.balsi View Post
originally intended for rubber power, can be converted to i.c.

have a good patchwork

Pit
Would apear to be a nice plan but it is not the rubber powered one show on the magazine cover- the glow egine drawn on the plan says otherwise.
mhodgson is offline Find More Posts by mhodgson
Old Oct 13, 2010, 03:06 PM
Joined May 2010
76 Posts
on the cover is the rubber powered version, look at the shape and size of propeller, and no cylynder heads from the nacelles. on the article Fillon describes a rubber band inside the fuselage that drives the props via a flexible transmission, the weight is recommended about 600 grams plus 100 grams for rubber and transmission. many parts as to be constructed on foam, the nose hadn't windows for strenghtness. he imagined a possible U/C and R/C version with retracting gear, but didn't built it. he concentrated all that versions and ideas in a single plans, too busy. monocoque is typical of Fillon's and french rubber powered scale design, in despite of material it seems to be very light and strong.

best regards
pit
p.balsi is online now Find More Posts by p.balsi
Old Oct 13, 2010, 04:01 PM
Scott R/C Time Pilot
NorthBend/Coos Bay,Oregon USA
Joined Dec 2009
1,492 Posts
Good job Wingbeat It's fuzzy but I can build from it, although others might want a little better resolution

Gluehand, I love that picture, it really shows how tissue and dope is supposed to look.

Thanks folks.

Scott
orange&white is offline Find More Posts by orange&white
Old Oct 14, 2010, 05:08 AM
UK, Coventry
Joined Aug 2005
537 Posts
Here's an couple of articles I found.
The 'War Baby' is a little unusual as it does not use any balsa, it's all bass with a little ply.
Not a full size plan but easy enough to build and the parts are full size.

The 'Wanderer' just looks nice I think.

Martin
mhodgson is offline Find More Posts by mhodgson
Old Oct 14, 2010, 08:15 AM
Joined Mar 2008
638 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bargle View Post
Well, here you go. It's a zipped file of 7 scans in bitmap type. I tried to convert a large single sheet version to a Pdf file, but I couldn't make it work correctly, so I did this instead. Once you've downloaded the file, please open it and make sure the files didn't get corrupted. I've had that happen at times with my zipping utility.
These are a mix of old and new scans. I haven't built from this combination, so check the lines with a ruler before you start gluing wood.

Bargle
I recently downloaded the plan for the Comet "Meteor." It is a Comet Cloud Buster with a cabin. Wings, tail feathers are identical to the CB. Fuse is very close to the CB also.

Have you seen it?
Cap_n_Dave is offline Find More Posts by Cap_n_Dave
Old Oct 14, 2010, 10:26 AM
Joined Jan 2007
192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap_n_Dave View Post
I recently downloaded the plan for the Comet "Meteor." It is a Comet Cloud Buster with a cabin. Wings, tail feathers are identical to the CB. Fuse is very close to the CB also.

Have you seen it?
Yes, I have. I thought about building it, but I liked the look of the Cloud Buster better. In fact, if you look at the pictures on the plan closely, many are actually of the Cloud Buster. There's 2 versions of the plan floating around the 'net. One that's nice and clear and one that's black and white and rather fuzzy. If you've got the fuzzy one, leave a note here and I'll post the better one. If anyone else wants it, do the same.
Bargle is offline Find More Posts by Bargle
Last edited by Bargle; Oct 14, 2010 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Clarity
Old Oct 14, 2010, 10:39 AM
Joined Mar 2008
638 Posts
Quote:
Yes, I have. I thought about building it, but I liked the look of the Cloud Buster better. In fact, if you look at the pictures on the plan closely, many are actually of the Cloud Buster. There's 2 versions of the plan floating around the 'net. One that's nice and clear and one that's black and white and rather fuzzy. If you've got the fuzzy one, leave a note here and I'll post the better one. If anyone else wants it, do the same.
I agree, the CB is better looking. I did notice the pics on the Meteor plan of the CB in flight, LOL.

I can't recall where I downloaded the plan ... I'm interested in the CB plans, if you'd be so kind as to post them.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 10:59 AM
Joined Jan 2007
192 Posts
The Cloud Buster one is already posted by RChopper back in post 649 in this thread. It's a stripped down version without the pictures and instructions. There's also a related modification post by me in reply 742.

ETA: I pulled the plan due to potential copyright issues.
Bargle is offline Find More Posts by Bargle
Last edited by Bargle; Dec 14, 2010 at 05:57 AM. Reason: Update
Old Oct 14, 2010, 11:29 AM
Joined Mar 2008
638 Posts
Quote:
The Cloud Buster one is already posted by RChopper back in post 649 in this thread. It's a stripped down version without the pictures and instructions. There's also a related modification post by me in reply 742.
Got it, somehow had missed it but had seen your post with the fuse modification.

Thanks!
Old Oct 14, 2010, 03:20 PM
Gravity gets me down.
United States, WI, Milwaukee
Joined Oct 2004
2,070 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albdag View Post
From my 'Must Build' plans stash:

Unrestored but very nice original plans for the beautiful Lancer 49 and Lancer 72 Free Flight by Chester Chaplaskie.

~ Leo
Ditto that- one of my all time faves.
Would love to build one of these.

thanks Leo!
wingbeat is online now Find More Posts by wingbeat
Old Oct 15, 2010, 06:59 AM
Balsa/Foam dustman
Brisbane Australia
Joined Dec 2007
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albdag View Post
From my 'Must Build' plans stash:

Unrestored but very nice original plans for the beautiful Lancer 49 and Lancer 72 Free Flight by Chester Chaplaskie.

~ Leo
They are both great. Have flown both. They look beautiful and fly pretty well, and look just as good on the grround.

They are not floaters and scoot around the sky fairly well in competition, but can be a little slippery for Old timer comps.

I also use it as a sport model. Gets lots of looks at the local "sports field"
hitchingbar is offline Find More Posts by hitchingbar