SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 10:44 AM
Joined Nov 2005
11 Posts
Cardboard Hurricane

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirspeedNZ View Post
Quite some years ago I remember reading an article in an American model aircraft publication about a Hawker Hurricane (R.C. I think) constructed from corrugated cardboard. Does anyone else recall seeing this (I know it's a long shot) and if so do you remember which magazine?

Dave.

Hurricane (cardboard) by C Felton, Model Builder Oct 1988, page 12, it is a control line model.

Larry
cessna310b is offline Find More Posts by cessna310b
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 28, 2011, 10:51 AM
Tampere, Finland
Joined Nov 2004
4,343 Posts
Chuck's Cardboard Model Aircraft site:

http://www.feltondesignanddata.com/index.html
perttime is offline Find More Posts by perttime
Old Dec 28, 2011, 12:43 PM
Napa, CA
Joined May 2007
651 Posts
Here's a few more. The Cloudster I haven't seen posted before. The Smarty I scanned and posted on another thread a few years back. As for the Radio Rodger and the Texaco Miss America, I believe I got those from Dave Fritzke's site many years ago. Anyway, I've got lots of stuff I've scanned that I need to convert, just need to get to it!
tri-pacer is offline Find More Posts by tri-pacer
Old Dec 28, 2011, 01:05 PM
0.9g retracts
3" from insanity, 2' from the computer ,Richford, Tioga county, Southern Tier, New York, U.S., North American Continent, Northern hemisphere, Earth, The Sol System, Milkyway Galaxy, The Universe, The Current Dimension, Your Selected Realm of Reality.
Joined Dec 2006
1,946 Posts
I am wondering if anyone out there has plans for a De Havilland DH.89 Dragon Rapide, I don't really need a particular size or plan, but I will be scaling it to 24" span for the AR6400 receiver brick. Thanks, Fred.
Yellow Baron is offline Find More Posts by Yellow Baron
Old Dec 28, 2011, 01:12 PM
WMD
Bradford, UK
Joined Jan 2010
1,247 Posts
Hi Fred. If you follow the link from post#1 on page#1 to the index then enter 'Dragon' in the search box, you can see there's a Rapide on Page 429 at post 6426.
WMD is online now Find More Posts by WMD
Old Dec 28, 2011, 01:12 PM
Joined Jan 2011
150 Posts
Dh 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Baron View Post
I am wondering if anyone out there has plans for a De Havilland DH.89 Dragon Rapide, I don't really need a particular size or plan, but I will be scaling it to 24" span for the AR6400 receiver brick. Thanks, Fred.
Hi, Yellow Baron.

PM me. at argat1@hotmail.com I have the Drgon rapide.
argat1 is offline Find More Posts by argat1
Old Dec 28, 2011, 03:57 PM
Napa, CA
Joined May 2007
651 Posts
Fist off, thank you Rat Racer for posting the nice plans. I took the liberty of separating a few of the double plans so it would be a little easier for people to print separate files. Of course, I selected the ones I liked best! Anyway, I can separate more if requested.
Thank you again Rat Racer for the nice plans!!
tri-pacer is offline Find More Posts by tri-pacer
Last edited by tri-pacer; Dec 28, 2011 at 05:36 PM. Reason: addition of Ollie
Old Dec 28, 2011, 04:51 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Jul 2004
2,103 Posts
I've been hoping to see some Hobby Helper's plans show up. Especially the P4M-1 Mercator. Been wanting to build one for decades. Know a couple locals did build them, said they come out heavy, better be close to the ground when the engines quit.
I have several plans from HH, main problem I see with them, several plans partially printed over several pages, very mixed up sometimes. Wish I still had access to the facilities at my former place of emplouyment.
50+AirYears is offline Find More Posts by 50+AirYears
Old Dec 28, 2011, 06:10 PM
Joined Jul 2011
182 Posts
Air Trails & Hobby Helpers

Heres a Few More for the old collection. Sadly I don,t have the Zeroette or the Boat to go with to little Poco set
Ratracer is offline Find More Posts by Ratracer
Last edited by Ratracer; Dec 28, 2011 at 06:15 PM.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 06:28 PM
Joined Jul 2011
182 Posts
Not Hobby Helpers but still cool

The Enterprise Shadow copyright 1949 (I built this one over 30 years ago as a kid and was a little rough on the plans)

Lockheed Orion from the Aircraft Plan Co. copyright 1947 by Paul Plecan
Old Dec 28, 2011, 06:34 PM
Newport News, Va
Joined Sep 2004
654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratracer View Post
Not the best scans but still would be useable with a little clean up I think lets start with about 25 planes
Ratracer, Maybe not the very best scans but better than most and can easily be cleaned. It looks like you have spent some time at a print shop having all of these wonderful plans scanned. Thank you very much for sharing.

Gene
rchopper56 is offline Find More Posts by rchopper56
Old Dec 28, 2011, 07:05 PM
Joined Jul 2011
182 Posts
Scanning plans

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchopper56 View Post
Ratracer, Maybe not the very best scans but better than most and can easily be cleaned. It looks like you have spent some time at a print shop having all of these wonderful plans scanned. Thank you very much for sharing.

Gene
my print shop guy just needs to work on his scan Alignment and size a bit

Just in case anyone was wondering, I have Plans for the new year man lots of plans. LOL.

and adding more all the time.
Last edited by Ratracer; Dec 28, 2011 at 07:12 PM.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 07:27 PM
Joined Jul 2011
182 Posts
Guys you know what would be really cool. if some one had some of the old magazine build articles for these old Hobby Helpers and Air Trails plans thay could share with the group.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 07:48 PM
Joined Oct 2007
382 Posts
Ratracer, amazing plans collection matey !
Thank you very much by sharing them with us.
Sincerly
Carlo
stg61abc is offline Find More Posts by stg61abc