HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 05:48 AM
WMD
Bradford, UK
Joined Jan 2010
1,245 Posts
Aeronca Champion

Heres a nice CL scale model, another direct submission. For 2.5cc power, it's 38in span, the plan is in metric dimensions and Portugese(?) laguage.
WMD is online now Find More Posts by WMD
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 17, 2011, 06:19 AM
Tampere, Finland
Joined Nov 2004
4,343 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Portugese(?) laguage.
I think it is Spanish: a few words there suggest that. Also, I'm sure Modelhob was a Spanish company.
perttime is offline Find More Posts by perttime
Old Dec 17, 2011, 06:22 AM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Kirkcaldy
Joined Apr 2005
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeW View Post
Old guy. Are you sure you mean Scottish Aviation Bulldog (low wing 3 seater 1970's trainer) or do you mean Bristol Bulldog (1930's biplane advanced trainer/fighter)?
+

Yes I do mean the low wing trainer used by the RAF and Sweden. I missed out on a copy on E bay last year and have been looking ever since.
Old guy is offline Find More Posts by Old guy
Old Dec 17, 2011, 06:35 AM
Balsa breaks better
Buchanan Mi
Joined Apr 2005
2,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old guy View Post
+

Yes I do mean the low wing trainer used by the RAF and Sweden. I missed out on a copy on E bay last year and have been looking ever since.
http://www.myhobbystore.co.uk/produc...iation-bulldog

Joe
Thermaler is offline Find More Posts by Thermaler
Old Dec 17, 2011, 10:00 AM
United States, NY, Ithaca
Joined Sep 2007
954 Posts
Bantam

Does anyone know the "Bantam" with a 56 inch span? The Keith Irwin collection shows a really nice picture, attached, but I don't know anything more about it.

I didn't find the plan listed in the index for this thread; if anyone has a plan I'd love to have it.

Jim
buzzard bait is offline Find More Posts by buzzard bait
Old Dec 17, 2011, 10:17 AM
Edubarca
Colombia, South America
Joined Oct 2009
1,256 Posts
Hello, if anybody has the RCM plan for the Brietten Normal Islander, published in 1974 kindly let me know to my email ebubarca1946@gmail.com. Thanks, it is rather urgent since I'm making a short kit for one of my customers.
Edubarca is offline Find More Posts by Edubarca
Old Dec 17, 2011, 11:01 AM
United Kingdom, England, Brighton
Joined Apr 2007
1,143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edubarca View Post
Hello, if anybody has the RCM plan for the Brietten Normal Islander, published in 1974 kindly let me know to my email ebubarca1946@gmail.com. Thanks, it is rather urgent since I'm making a short kit for one of my customers.
Why not just purchase it from RCM? That way you are helping to keep a plans service in business

http://www.rcmplans.com/index.php?ma...oducts_id=1373
DeeBee1 is offline Find More Posts by DeeBee1
Old Dec 17, 2011, 11:16 AM
Edubarca
Colombia, South America
Joined Oct 2009
1,256 Posts
Thanks for suggestion, However due mostly to weak local currency and other difficulties, it is not easy or convenient to order plans as it is easy from other parts of the world.
Edubarca is offline Find More Posts by Edubarca
Old Dec 17, 2011, 11:20 AM
Joined Apr 2007
1,143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edubarca View Post
Thanks for suggestion, However due mostly to weak local currency and other difficulties, it is not easy or convenient to order plans as it is easy from other parts of the world.
Are you serious!

I've ordered plans from RCM several times from the UK (which is a bit further that Colombia!). I've also ordered kits from Tower Hobbies and Mountain Models, and Cox parts from Canada, all without any problems.

Keep the hobby suppliers alive dude!
Old Dec 17, 2011, 11:57 AM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Kirkcaldy
Joined Apr 2005
19 Posts
Thanks Joe right plane wrong plan. The one I am looking for is rubber powered.
Old guy is offline Find More Posts by Old guy
Old Dec 17, 2011, 12:24 PM
Joined Jan 2011
150 Posts
Aeronca Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Heres a nice CL scale model, another direct submission. For 2.5cc power, it's 38in span, the plan is in metric dimensions and Portugese(?) laguage.
It is Spanish. That's my native language, WMD. Thanks for the plan!

Anything on it any one needs to know or translate, please feel free to ask.

Ar.
argat1 is offline Find More Posts by argat1
Old Dec 17, 2011, 12:36 PM
Dorset, England
Joined Aug 2005
185 Posts
Quote:
+

Yes this was a 20" span rubber powered job by Albert Hatful I think you will find that this plan was a free pull-out in Flying Scale Models Nov/Dec issue 1998 (English Magazine) it was printed on the back of the larger free pull-out for that issue being Chris Gold's Supermarine Attacker. There is one on Ebay at the moment http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FLYING-SCA...item484001de78 but the free plan is missing according to the seller but it will give you an idea what to look for if no one else can supply it on here.

Hope this helps

Regards

BrianG
Bridon is offline Find More Posts by Bridon
Old Dec 17, 2011, 12:37 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,143 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Joe right plane wrong plan. The one I am looking for is rubber powered.
I think the plan you are looking for was published in Flying Scale Models, December 1998. It's a 20" model. There's a copy for sale on fleabay if it helps:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FLYING-SCA...item484001de78
Last edited by DeeBee1; Dec 17, 2011 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Brian beat me to the post!
Old Dec 17, 2011, 12:39 PM
Sticks, Tissue & old Diesels
France, Centre, Amboise
Joined Nov 2011
1,718 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyducky View Post
According to the article, the Nogy glider was a prop in a movie co-produced by Bob Hunter, a very well-known FF designer whom I flew with in the early 70's at Sepulveda Basin and Taft (CA). However, I was not aware of the movie "Nog" featuring this glider.

I've searched online for a lead to a source for it, but came up empty.

I'd really appreciate any ideas to find a copy!

Ed
Hi all,
I was a bit intrigued by this long-time Nogy plan search and the movie, etc. so I looked at the plan on Outerzone... There's the plan, and an image showing a glider marked "Nogy".
Two things struck me: the image states the plane to be a Nordic A2 which, at 30" span and with a reasonable aspect ratio, it obviously isn't.
And secondly, the plan and the image don't show the same plane.
Anyone have any clue to these apparent anomalies?
Brian
brokenenglish is offline Find More Posts by brokenenglish
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 17, 2011, 12:47 PM
Canada
Joined Nov 2000
7,250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeBee1 View Post
I think the plan you are looking for was published in Flying Scale Models, December 1998. It's a 20" model. There's a copy for sale on fleabay if it helps:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FLYING-SCA...item484001de78
Unfortunately the Advert states that the Free Plan for that magazine is Not included.
Bare is offline Find More Posts by Bare