HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 26, 2010, 09:39 PM
High Exalted Poohbah
Atlanta, GA USA
Joined Sep 2001
1,863 Posts
Hello Kenny e,

This website may take .TIF files, you will have to see. .TIF files are not compressed and they contain a lot of information so they tend to be fairly large as graphic files go. Also, this website limits posted file size to under 5 mb so you will be very limited as to what you can post. I would suggest converting to .JPG or .PDF. Look at your .TIF file sizes and see how many are under 5 mb.

Planeman
planeman is offline Find More Posts by planeman
Last edited by planeman; Jun 26, 2010 at 10:01 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 26, 2010, 10:20 PM
Daddy's pad when mama's mad
United States, AL, Florence
Joined Dec 2008
423 Posts
tiff. plans

Hi Planeman
looking for a good TIFF. to PDF. Converter on the internet tonight but a little confused with it all. can you recommend any. can zip the Tiff. file and post them here but most of the members like PDF. better.

Thx. Kenny e
kenny e is offline Find More Posts by kenny e
Old Jun 26, 2010, 10:34 PM
High Exalted Poohbah
Atlanta, GA USA
Joined Sep 2001
1,863 Posts
Hello Kenny e,

Try these:

PDF Creator - a FREE program at http://www.pdfforge.org/pdfcreator. Be sure to understand it operates like a print driver.

TilePrint - http://www.blackflight.com/tileprint/ Read what it does on the website. Free to try, $16 (US) to buy. Many people here use it.

Planeman
Old Jun 26, 2010, 10:38 PM
Daddy's pad when mama's mad
United States, AL, Florence
Joined Dec 2008
423 Posts
Thanks Planeman checking it out now
kenny e is offline Find More Posts by kenny e
Old Jun 27, 2010, 01:11 AM
Newport News, Va
Joined Sep 2004
640 Posts
Planeman,

All of the PDF files that I have shared with RcGroups have been created from Tiffs that have been compressed using G4 compression. Yes, an uncompressed tiff is huge and there are at least 4 types of compression for Tiffs. There is G4, Huffman, PackBit, and LZW. G4 compression can only be used on monochrome (2 bit) files - no grayscale! G4 compression yields the smallest file size. Sometimes using G4 yields about a 20:1 compression!

Also all of the PDF files that I have shared at Dave Fritzke's web site have been created with G4 compressed Tiff files.

It's not just RcGroups that does not support Tiff, I think that it's the entire Internet.

Gene Rock

Edit: I should have stated that all PDF files without text or photos are created from G4 compressed Tiff files. The text is OCR and the photos would be JPG's at 150 dpi.
rchopper56 is offline Find More Posts by rchopper56
Last edited by rchopper56; Jun 27, 2010 at 02:30 AM.
Old Jun 27, 2010, 07:34 AM
High Exalted Poohbah
Atlanta, GA USA
Joined Sep 2001
1,863 Posts
Thanks rchopper56 for the info about .TIF files. I have seen the compression options for TIFs when I save these file in Photoshop however I have never used them as I am ultimately going to convert to .PDFs. Interesting.

And Kenny, you've been BUSY! Thanks for posting these files.

Planeman
Old Jun 28, 2010, 07:21 AM
TEAM OZSKUNKWORX
KORUMBURRA IN THE BOONDOCS
Joined Jan 2006
4,773 Posts
There is some great plans there THANK YOU guys keep em coming.

Shane:Trying to get some work done on his ep PLAYBOY
r/c junkie is offline Find More Posts by r/c junkie
Old Jun 28, 2010, 08:53 AM
High Exalted Poohbah
Atlanta, GA USA
Joined Sep 2001
1,863 Posts
More Comet plans.

Planeman