HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 10, 2011, 02:57 AM
South Africa, GP, Krugersdorp
Joined May 2011
88 Posts
Kakadu

Hi Guys

I was looking at the 50year anniversary edition of RCM&E and saw that the very first plan they published was in the May 1960 was a little bipe called the Kakadu which was a design by Karl Heinz and was reproduced from the German Modell Magazine.

Does any one out there have a copy of this plan?

Cheers

Marc
SrFalcon is offline Find More Posts by SrFalcon
to remove ads between posts
Old May 10, 2011, 03:16 AM
Joined Nov 2008
291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thayer View Post
Does this ring any bells?

I just got an email request for a plan of the Aero-Flite Kittyhawk C/L model spanning 34 inches, 24 inches long and 250 sq in, . As near as I can tell it has a built up fuselage with fat symmetrical airfoil wing with no dihedral. Looks like a cross between a stunt and scale model.

Apparently it was a model built long ago and the person would like to recreate it if at all possible.

Thanks,

Thayer
The Aeroflyte Kittyhawk design went through a few incarnations. It's not a difficult plan to get, it's available for about $10 from the Australian 'Peter White's' plan list See: http://www.vicstunt.com/Plans/Plans-List.htm

Otherwise a post on the UK Barton C/L site might turn up a scan from one of the Australian members.

Ray
locktite401 is offline Find More Posts by locktite401
Old May 10, 2011, 03:26 AM
South Africa, GP, Krugersdorp
Joined May 2011
88 Posts
Kakadu

I found a plan of the Kakadu.

Cheers
SrFalcon is offline Find More Posts by SrFalcon
Old May 10, 2011, 08:13 AM
United States, OH, Galena
Joined Jul 2003
1,719 Posts
More on the Kakadu.
JMP_blackfoot is online now Find More Posts by JMP_blackfoot
Old May 10, 2011, 08:31 AM
Editor - Flying Models
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2003
2,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by locktite401 View Post
The Aeroflyte Kittyhawk design went through a few incarnations. It's not a difficult plan to get, it's available for about $10 from the Australian 'Peter White's' plan list See: http://www.vicstunt.com/Plans/Plans-List.htm

Otherwise a post on the UK Barton C/L site might turn up a scan from one of the Australian members.

Ray
Thanks Ray,

Unfortunately that doesn't quite look like it. They are showing a span of 36 inches, and the corner scrap of the plan that the person still has clearly shows 34. I will contact them though, to see if the numbers are wrong and also try the Barton site.

Thayer
Thayer is online now Find More Posts by Thayer
Old May 10, 2011, 03:48 PM
Joined Nov 2005
11 Posts
Piper PA-6 Sky Sedan

Hi out there: This is a great discussion thread. I am looking for drawings of the Piper PA-6, it first flight was 1944 and only 2 were built. It was the first Piper to have retracts. There are pictures of it on the Internet. I think that AMA has an old plan by John Pound, but I would like to see a drawing before purchasing any plans.

Larry
cessna310b is online now Find More Posts by cessna310b
Old May 10, 2011, 04:02 PM
UK, Forest of Dean, Westbury-on-Severn
Joined Dec 2010
34 Posts
Been watching this site with pleasure for the past few months. Have found some time to scan a T R Kennedy plan for the Hawker Demon and which was kitted by the Model Shop in Newcastle.
bjrn is offline Find More Posts by bjrn
Last edited by bjrn; May 10, 2011 at 04:37 PM. Reason: mistake
Old May 10, 2011, 05:28 PM
Joined Jan 2011
150 Posts
Hawker Demon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjrn View Post
Been watching this site with pleasure for the past few months. Have found some time to scan a T R Kennedy plan for the Hawker Demon and which was kitted by the Model Shop in Newcastle.
bjrn,

A real beauty! Thanks for such a treat!

Ar.
argat1 is offline Find More Posts by argat1
Old May 10, 2011, 05:50 PM
Soulles Normandy France
Joined Feb 2011
607 Posts
As Promised
Keil Kraft Star Series Short Seamew 28" Wingspan

I have stitched the plan together also scanned in all the printwood.

Have fun
aeromeddeler is offline Find More Posts by aeromeddeler
Old May 10, 2011, 06:00 PM
Soulles Normandy France
Joined Feb 2011
607 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SrFalcon View Post
Hi Guys

Thanks for all the good advice. I've watched the Coquette on YouTube and it flies a treat.

I've re-posted the plan here, can anyone clean up the background on it?

Thanks again

Cheers

SrFalcon
Why on earth have you reposted the plan. All you had to do was add a link to the original post. Only repost plans if there is an upgrade or a tiled plan has been stitched together otherwise it just makes work for the guys who maintain the plan index. The black/grey background is as the original appeared in the magazine. Probably the plan as sold was a blueprint. I have several of these. The plan is perfectly build-able. The only way to clean up the background is to erase the background bit by bit in Photoshop or similar program. Planeman has done this on several plans with lots of spots on the background but I doubt if even he would take on a task like this.

Having seen my post online I felt it seemed as though I was having a go at you. This was the last thing on my mind I was trying to guide you in the right direction as it helps us all. Some on here are still on dial up and do not want to download the same plan time and time again. Repeats do happen as none of us are infallible (well I am not but there may be one of two who are) if you do check with the plan index its worth noting that some early posts were jpg only and virtually unuseable so these would be well worth posting should you come across one. So apologies for any offence caused it was not intended.
Roger
Last edited by aeromeddeler; May 10, 2011 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Felt it gave wrong impression
Old May 10, 2011, 07:33 PM
Soulles Normandy France
Joined Feb 2011
607 Posts
Little Vagabond

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny e View Post
Long Midget Mustang profile C/L Goodyear racer
Rivets profile C/L Goodyear racer
Meece III 1/2A C/L mouse racer
Little Little Vagabond Cox 020 type old timer F/F or school yard R/C
Reaction small C/L stunter
Stinger C/L profile Goodyear racer
Swee Pea C/L profile Goodyear racer
Jackal F/F rubber powered semi scale low wing mono plane
Mollyhawk F/F rubber powered semi scale biplane

Air Trails plan
Buzzer C0-2 powered old timer F/F
Kenny
Dont have the Littlest Little Vagabond Co2 plan (it was a freeplan that was a reduction of the original Little Vagabond)
The original Little Vagabond plan 45" span from Aeromodeller March 1945. The scan is the reproduction printed in the January 1992 issue.

Now have all except Air Trails plan. As the are post 1970 cannot post here.
Have done Jackel, Long Midget and MeeceIII and posted on Hippocket
Will do the rest soon........UPDATE all done and posted
Last edited by aeromeddeler; May 11, 2011 at 07:11 PM. Reason: update
Old May 10, 2011, 07:54 PM
Gold Coast Australia.
Joined Jan 2005
2,513 Posts
Little Vagabond was the first power model I built poorly I guess, at age 12.
Had an ED Mk2 Penny Slot in it. Flew, but not well.

Built another properly about 15 years ago with a Mills 1.3 that flys really well....it needs the DT or would be long gone.
Guess it's a bit of an ugly old thing, but I feel it does have some character about it.
gossie is offline Find More Posts by gossie
Old May 10, 2011, 08:51 PM
United States, OH, Galena
Joined Jul 2003
1,719 Posts
Not the original December 1948 Air Trails plan, but the next best thing
JMP_blackfoot is online now Find More Posts by JMP_blackfoot
Old May 10, 2011, 09:48 PM
Culper Junior
eastern pa
Joined Feb 2007
2,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cessna310b View Post
Hi out there: This is a great discussion thread. I am looking for drawings of the Piper PA-6, it first flight was 1944 and only 2 were built. It was the first Piper to have retracts. There are pictures of it on the Internet. I think that AMA has an old plan by John Pound, but I would like to see a drawing before purchasing any plans.

Larry
Uhhhh....don't have drawings but I did have a ride in one once at Lock Haven and I have old 35mm color slides of the event. Just thought anybody might want to know that.

I do happen to have in my possession the engineering drawings to convert a J-3 Cub to the TG-8 training Glider. PM if interested. Might take a few weeks to find them.
aeronca52 is offline Find More Posts by aeronca52
Old May 10, 2011, 11:25 PM
Daddy's pad when mama's mad
United States, AL, Florence
Joined Dec 2008
423 Posts
Little Vagabond Plans

Hi Gang
I had originally said the Aeromodeller Vagabond plans I have are for the Cox Pee Wee 020 engine thats not so sorry to have mislead. the one that I have has a wing span of 32'' and shows a small diesel engine installed on the plans. I have built many other small old timers of this size for the Cox engines and loved the way thay would fly real floaters. so I guess in my mind I always looked it this plan thinking build this little beauty as lite as possable and modified it for a Cox engine (I have never been able to get diesel model engines to run right for me) and alas I still have enough little Cox's on hand to last me 3 life times so guess I was just writing down my 2 cents worth on how I would build it when I made out that list of what plans I had on hand

Kenny
kenny e is offline Find More Posts by kenny e
Last edited by kenny e; May 10, 2011 at 11:43 PM.