HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 06:03 PM
Joined Mar 2008
14 Posts
Cessna CW-6 ??

Any plans available for this Cessna?....the Cessna CW-6 c.1929.

Thanks everyone for all the great posts!

CT
cts125 is offline Find More Posts by cts125
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 19, 2011, 06:12 PM
Joined Jun 2006
122 Posts
Hi Aeromeddler

Your PDF of the Auster Ambulance is much better than my poor attempts at scans and then 'fix-ups' using a freeware program I have (Paint.NET). Thanks much
nibor is offline Find More Posts by nibor
Old Apr 19, 2011, 06:39 PM
Soulles Normandy France
Joined Feb 2011
602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridon View Post
Nice plan...I remember this one by Captain Millani from years back, an exercise in super scale modelling...don't suppose you have a better res scan...say 300dpi?

Regards

Bridon.
Dornier Do 125 May 1953 Aeromodeller. Unfortunately not a issue I have. Suspect scan came from Zoe Quilter/Colin Usher siite. Although scan from that site is 178 dpi they have reduced the page size to reduce the file size so software increase to full size not possible. Can anyone confirm span was 44"
aeromeddeler is offline Find More Posts by aeromeddeler
Old Apr 19, 2011, 06:49 PM
Soulles Normandy France
Joined Feb 2011
602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cts125 View Post
Any plans available for this Cessna?....the Cessna CW-6 c.1929.

Thanks everyone for all the great posts!

CT
Check the plan index post 3121 page 209

Squadron of Cessna`s here post 135 page 9
aeromeddeler is offline Find More Posts by aeromeddeler
Old Apr 19, 2011, 06:55 PM
RFJ
Northern Ireland
Joined Dec 2004
1,398 Posts
Quote:
Dornier Do 125 May 1953 Aeromodeller
Think that should be Dornier Do 215 May 1956 Aeromodeller

Yes, span is 44"

Ray
RFJ is offline Find More Posts by RFJ
Old Apr 20, 2011, 12:26 AM
The Swedish Yankee
West coast of Sweden
Joined Dec 2010
120 Posts
Aint It Grand

"OK now to make amends I had better post some WWII to keep Swankee happy"

Aeromeddeler, Your Awesome

Your Gonna keep me, Bridon and a great many other folks happy for a long time.
Have a great day my friend.
Swankee is offline Find More Posts by Swankee
Old Apr 20, 2011, 04:01 AM
Bradford West Yorkshire, UK
Joined Apr 2010
1,532 Posts
Quote:
After swamping poor old Scaleviews with PDF`s of Jimmie Allens Bluebird Did not realise circlip`s post was the plan alone.
Duplicates don't matter Aeromeddler, we're all here to help, better this way than that exhibited (Not) by the boating fraternity.

Sadly, one of the major plan suppliers in the UK have "Lost" many designs over the years so this resourse must be viewed as an asset.

Retgards Ian.
Circlip is offline Find More Posts by Circlip
Old Apr 20, 2011, 04:54 AM
Joined Feb 2011
33 Posts
Northrop Gamma GHQ

A 36" span Northrop Gamma by GHQ Model Airplane Co. 1934. Has any one seen plans for an Alpha?
30560 is offline Find More Posts by 30560
Old Apr 20, 2011, 10:21 AM
Roedermark, Germany
Joined Mar 2002
74 Posts
Dustbin is offline Find More Posts by Dustbin
Last edited by Dustbin; Apr 20, 2011 at 10:35 AM. Reason: message was already answered
Old Apr 20, 2011, 12:00 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Jul 2004
2,097 Posts
Some of these are little more than 3 views, but could be useable to develop the parts or plans.And for a little bonus, the plan for the Pied Piper also has a blast from the past, a Conrad Conrod cartoon.
Maybe just for achange of pace, when I get back home in a couple weeks, I'll send up a couple Fixit Wrights.
As far as why the clippings, back before I joined the USAF in 64, mom was getting concerned about the stacks of model airplane and model train magazines filling my room, so I started clipping pages and pasting the clippings into notebooks. Got rid of a lot of extraneous advertising, but also got rid of a lot of texts and some interesting pictures, like a photo of I forget now, John Glen or Wally Schirra, with the caption "We expect to see great things from this young gentleman!" from sometime in the early 50s, or the picture of a Blue Angels F-11-F with an RC pattern plane sticking out of the side. I forget who the RC pilot was now, but I'm pretty sure he's in the AMA Hall of Fame (Yes, fame, not shame)
50+AirYears is offline Find More Posts by 50+AirYears
Last edited by 50+AirYears; Apr 20, 2011 at 12:22 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 20, 2011, 12:29 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Jul 2004
2,097 Posts
Boy, my son's computer is about twice as fast as mine. Here's a few more.

I miss those old Flying Models, where they's have a page or 3 of full sized parts, and the plan drawing was often in a proportion where you could measure a feature and multiply by a nice whole number, like 3, 4, or 5, and get the full size dimension, or the plan had a useablle scle printed right on it you could measure from. Even MAN sometimes would have full size plans for small control line or gliders.

I liked the Li'l PT. It was in one of the MAN Annuals. I built and flew at least 5. Wore (or burned)out at least one Babe Bee .049 with them. That was back in the days when you could fly all day in a local school parking lot, without anybody complaining..
Last edited by 50+AirYears; Apr 20, 2011 at 12:40 PM.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 12:51 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Jul 2004
2,097 Posts
Just for a little change of pace from all the CL, (I still have about 47 to upload) some Gliders? Simple, inexpensive, good workout capability (on a contest day, I've walked as much as 8 miles cross country), and just plane fun! These are for catapault, just for those like me have a shoulder tha complains when you start to throw something.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 01:36 PM
Joined Mar 2008
14 Posts
Still looking....Cessna CW-6 ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeromeddeler View Post
Check the plan index post 3121 page 209

Squadron of Cessna`s here post 135 page 9

Thanks but I do not see a plan for the Cessna CW-6 listed.

"The Cessna Model CW-6 was a 1920s American six-seat touring aircraft....."

Anyone?
cts125 is offline Find More Posts by cts125
Old Apr 20, 2011, 01:45 PM
Joined Jan 2003
256 Posts
Aeronca C3 plans

I know they are not necessarily Old-Timer plans, but I am in need of a set of plans for the Joy 6 ft Aeronca C3. Anyone have an old, condition not important, set of plans?

Thanks,
Ron
ronrange is offline Find More Posts by ronrange