HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 07:55 PM
Ajax, Ontario, Canada
Joined Oct 2004
2,574 Posts
Great story, George and some similarities with mine.

I first saw jets flying at Fairlop - how fast the interested crowd scattered when it lit up!

One of the club members later produced the APS 'Jet Trainer' with a Juggernaut atop of it and we met at our usual flying spot - Enfield Playing Fields - one warm, still, Sunday afternoon. That was back in the days when there were such afternoons - often.

No starting problems but after the one and only flight the parkkeeper arrived on his bicycle and earnestly entreated us to desist from further activity. He was actually a little more blunt with his request than I'd care to relate here.

Cycled hoime for tea later .. I'd guess over 1.5 miles from the field through suburbia and - as with you - Mother commented on the strange sound earlier that afternoon .. like a ship siren blowng. I, too, kept silent ......
Applehoney is offline Find More Posts by Applehoney
Last edited by Applehoney; Apr 17, 2011 at 10:16 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 16, 2011, 10:10 PM
Old Timer
CARMICHAEL, CALIFORNIA USA
Joined Apr 2001
3,891 Posts
Tiger Jet

My Tiger Jet powered RC model, 1952. I still have it.
California Condor is online now Find More Posts by California Condor
Old Apr 16, 2011, 10:16 PM
Napa, CA
Joined May 2007
612 Posts
Eut,

Is that your design? Have you ever flown it again? Wonderful that you still have it!
tri-pacer is offline Find More Posts by tri-pacer
Old Apr 16, 2011, 10:57 PM
United States, IL, Edinburg
Joined Dec 2010
162 Posts
Hot Canary

Here's a full size PDF plan I worked up and the article for "Hot Canary", a Dyna-Jet powered circle burner designed by Herb Davis and originally published in January 1952 Air Trails. Air Trails Classic Flying Models Volume One, Number One was the source for these scans.

Bob Keller
www.scaleviews.com
scaleviews.com is offline Find More Posts by scaleviews.com
Old Apr 16, 2011, 11:11 PM
Old Timer
Joined Apr 2001
3,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tri-pacer View Post
Eut,

Is that your design? Have you ever flown it again? Wonderful that you still have it!
Yes, it is my design. No I have not. It made many short ( a few seconds) flights the last one the welded seam on the combustion chamber opened. Much later I had it repaired and tried to run it on our "California" auto fuel and could not get it to run. I got some Aviation gas and it started right off.
Old Apr 17, 2011, 02:50 AM
Oldrndrt RCav8r
United States, OK, Ardmore
Joined May 2009
55 Posts
Eut,

That contraption sitting next to your design in the second pic is interesting...I have an identical one sitting in my shop...I was wondering if anyone else had ever bought one and still had it...have you ever flown it (the cox Hang-glider (can't remember the name of it))?

Have a Blessed Day!
George Waldrop
AMA-L1307~IMAA-L207
georgewaldrop is offline Find More Posts by georgewaldrop
Old Apr 17, 2011, 06:11 AM
Bradford West Yorkshire, UK
Joined Apr 2010
1,646 Posts
Don't know what you wimps are complaining about?

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...deo&FORM=VDRE#

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/160559...se_jet_action/

Regards Ian.
Circlip is offline Find More Posts by Circlip
Old Apr 17, 2011, 07:09 AM
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Nov 2008
196 Posts
thanks mred3 for the Orion!!!!
mikempp is offline Find More Posts by mikempp
Old Apr 17, 2011, 07:26 AM
Dorset, England
Joined Aug 2005
179 Posts
Looking for this one.....at a modest 45" or so, it is a design called 'Bulldozer'and appeared in the Model Airplane News in May 1945. does anyone have the article that they could scan and better still would anyone have the plan for this little cutie?

I reckon it would make a fabulous park flyer 'electrified'.

Regards

Bridon
Bridon is online now Find More Posts by Bridon
Old Apr 17, 2011, 07:41 AM
Dorset, England
Joined Aug 2005
179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swankee View Post
Hey "Plumbe & Medeller"

THANKS! Good stuff.

We now have WWII large & medium American & British bombers. Two German (Stuka & Ju.88) but NO Japanese "Land-based" or Russian.
We do have two carrier types (torpedo and bomber) for the Japanese.

Does anyone have the infamous Heinkel He.111?? How about another British bomber - the Halifax or Stirling?
Anyone have some Japanese land based bombers to offer the group?

Thanks everybody! We are closing in on the 2,000 downloaded plans mark real soon
Chris
Regarding my earlier post, I have established that the Halifax plan I once had (and lost!) was indeed by M. Bodey. He appears to have made multi-engined model designs a speciality with models such as the DC3, Handley Page Halifax VII, F27 Friendship, Lockheed Neptune, Northrop P-61 Black Widow, Avro Shackleton and one I always lusted after...the Vickers Viscount 701 how resplendant that one would look in BEA Livery!

I am sure many others would also hope to see some of these wonderful designs once more 'emerge' at some point in the future.

Regards

Bridon
Old Apr 17, 2011, 10:00 AM
AMA 8711, FCC K4WZA
Salem, SC
Joined Mar 2003
518 Posts
Bulldozer by Jerry Stoloff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridon View Post
Looking for this one.....at a modest 45" or so, it is a design called 'Bulldozer'and appeared in the Model Airplane News in May 1945. does anyone have the article that they could scan and better still would anyone have the plan for this little cutie?

Bridon
There's a low-res but usable 3-page scan at http://aeromodelismovolarlibremente....f-1945_13.html
-Dave P.
DPlumpe is online now Find More Posts by DPlumpe
Old Apr 17, 2011, 10:17 AM
Old Timer
Joined Apr 2001
3,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgewaldrop View Post
Eut,

That contraption sitting next to your design in the second pic is interesting...I have an identical one sitting in my shop...I was wondering if anyone else had ever bought one and still had it...have you ever flown it (the cox Hang-glider (can't remember the name of it))?

Have a Blessed Day!
George Waldrop
AMA-L1307~IMAA-L207
Yes, I did fly it quite a bit a long time ago with an OS .15. I may put an electric motor in and fly it some more.
Old Apr 17, 2011, 10:39 AM
Dorset, England
Joined Aug 2005
179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPlumpe View Post
There's a low-res but usable 3-page scan at http://aeromodelismovolarlibremente....f-1945_13.html
-Dave P.
Thanks for th HU Dave....low res as you say but better than nothing if no one turns up a better image

Regards

Bridon
Old Apr 17, 2011, 11:06 AM
Just Me
United States, OR, Salem
Joined Apr 2006
832 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridon View Post
Thanks for th HU Dave....low res as you say but better than nothing if no one turns up a better image

Regards

Bridon
Not sure how you dl'd it but if you dl just the thumb nail, it is low res....if you click on it and dl the actual size it turned out very good....at least good enough for me to put into Acad and come up with a very nice plan.
Brner is online now Find More Posts by Brner
Old Apr 17, 2011, 11:21 AM
Just Me
United States, OR, Salem
Joined Apr 2006
832 Posts
See if this is more usable for you....that jpg did not include a wing plan but that can be developed from the pics....
Brner is online now Find More Posts by Brner
Last edited by Brner; Apr 17, 2011 at 11:22 AM. Reason: my bad....didn't scroll down and see the wing etc...brb